AL AL - Heaven Ross, 11, Northport, 19 Aug 2003

I have done a little bit of research and found that the mother and possibly grandmother of shae lived in several locations within a few blocks of where the body was found. They lived in these various locations between 1992-2009.

The only thing that makes me think its not the step dad is that the neighbor saw her that morning. I wonder if they are really reliable though.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

attachment.php
Sorry about the quality. This is a map of the addresses i mentioned above.

Attachments

• Map of Locations.jpg
    Map of Locations.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 65
COLD CASE: WHO KILLED HEAVEN LASHAE ROSS? FIFTEEN YEARS LATER

Just in case the article disappears (because of time passing) as so many others have on this forum:
COLD CASE: WHO KILLED HEAVEN LASHAE ROSS? FIFTEEN YEARS LATER
BY KHADIJAH TORBERT ON AUGUST 17, 2018
Tuscaloosa, AL (WVUA)- Fifteen years and still no answers as to who kidnapped Heaven LaShae Ross.
Questions of who killed her, and ‘where are they’ today are still questions investigators and her family are asking.

Heaven, who went by her middle name Shae, was last seen alive walking to the bus stop in 2003. She went missing before school near her home in the Willowbrook Mobile Home Park in Northport. Three years and three months later, Shae’s remains were found beneath an abandoned home on Creek Road in Holt.
No one has ever been charged in her disappearance or death.
A task force was formed to investigate the case between the Northport Police Department, Tuscaloosa Metro Homicide Unit, and the FBI.
The unsolved case still haunts them as well.
“Everyday, everyday. You know I’m not too far from retirement and you know I was hoping it would be solved before then, certainly or a long time ago,” said Lead Investigator Terry Carroll.
Captain Kip Hart with the Tuscaloosa Violent Crimes Unit told WVUA 23, “We believe that somebody saw something and I think as a community we have to ask ourselves, ‘you know what kind of person would do this to a child?’”
Beth Thompson, Shae’s mother, wants to know more than anything who did this to her daughter and why.
Shae’s family still clings to hope that one day those questions might be answered, but they have others that never will.
“I wonder what she would be like. What she would look like, what her personality would be. I have one grandbaby would I have more? I think about a lot of stuff. I dream about her all the time. We talk about her all the time”, said Thompson.
Today, Thompson puts one foot in front of the other and lives the best she can, always remembering her daughter.

If you have any information on this case you are asked to contact crime stoppers at (205) 752-STOP.

Last edited:
Hey everybody, I'm new here. I'm an amateur podcaster local to Tuscaloosa and was hoping to put together a podcast about the Heaven LaShae case. If anyone has anything to say, I'd love to hear it. I feel like it's been 15 years and no ones talking.

I hope they find enough at the house where she was found that they can get the person responsible.

Several things bother me about Kevin Thompsons comments, that aren't consistent from his previous comments 3 years ago.

Also Kevin Thompson is from Fosters, Holt is about half way between Heavens home and Fosters.

All of this is in previous postings.

How was she found? What type of neighbor hood is this? Anyone have an address?
johnny are you still on here?

If I'm not mistaken, law enforcement has stated they don't believe Shae's case is connected to the cases of Shannon Paulk and Teresa Dean. Does anybody know why? They are very similar.

I believe the location of where her body was found led them away from a serial killer

I think of sweet Shae all the time. I don’t Understand why there has been no justice in this case . I used to think it would be solved but have mostly given up hope .

JUN 13, 2023
Heaven LaShae Ross would’ve turned 31 years old Sunday if not for her tragic disappearance and death in 2003.

Ross, then 11 years old, disappeared on Aug. 19, 2003, while on her way to the bus stop from her home in Willowbrook mobile home park in Northport. The bus was supposed to take her to Collins Riverside Middle School, but Ross never arrived.

[...]

Whoever is responsible for her disappearance and death has not been found. The case remains open and active with the Violent Crimes Unit.

The Tuscaloosa County Sheriff’s Office is asking anyone with information on Ross’ disappearance and death to contact the Violent Crimes Unit at 205-464-8690.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back