GUILTY AL - Hiawayi Robinson, 8, Prichard, 16 September 2014

After the hearing Tony Dickey, a chaplain for Disaster and Victim Services International, read a statement from Hiawayi's mother, Yosha Populus, and family.

"Please pray for us and give us privacy as we now must deal emotionally with the facts of what was done to Hiawayi and knowing now that it was a member of her family who did did this to Hiawayi," Dickey read from the statement.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/250k_bail_set_for_hiawatha_rob.html

I check in here routinely to see if there's justice for Hiawayi. I guess this would be the earthly justice/accountability we all want for Hiawayi, but what a painful, sickening punch in the gut. Chilling. It's difficult to even grasp the unspeakable horror and betrayal Hiawayi endured. I am grateful to LE/investigators.

RIP, angel girl...I know your soul is full of sunshine.

MOBILE, Alabama -- A bail of $500,000 was set Wednesday morning for a father who has been charged in the death of his 8-year-old daughter.
Hiawatha Robinson, 38, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on charges of felony murder and first-degree-sodomy. Hiawayi Robinson died while she was being sodomized, the Mobile County District Attorney's Office said.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/250k_bail_set_for_hiawatha_rob.html

Forgive me for my outrage but I can't believe he qualified for bail!

Whiskey. Tango. Foxtrot!!!!

:furious:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOBILE, Alabama -- A bail of $500,000 was set Wednesday morning for a father who has been charged in the death of his 8-year-old daughter.
Hiawatha Robinson, 38, was arrested Tuesday afternoon on charges of felony murder and first-degree-sodomy. Hiawayi Robinson died while she was being sodomized, the Mobile County District Attorney's Office said.

Are you kidding me? Bail for a guy that rapes and murders his own child?

What could possibly be worse than what he did?

I guess he gets bail because it was an 'accident.' He didn't mean to kill her, she just suffocated while he raped her. My bad.'

I guess he gets bail because it was an 'accident.' He didn't mean to kill her, she just suffocated while he raped her. My bad.'

Omg, so horrific!!!

There are some crimes that are committed that are unspeakable and this is one of them. Then there are those that bring you to your knees. This case is both. I can't get this little girl out of my head and now knowing what she endured at the hands of her Father unsettles me terribly.

What happens to a person when they make the conscious decision to do something like this? Is it an aberration in their DNA that allows a person to rape and kill a part of themselves and then throw a child away on a pile trash like that's all she's worth?

There is no sense that can be made of this.

There is a little girl in heaven that is leading a better life than she had here. I can only hope that this is true.

I never trust anyone who talks more about them and makes themselves out to be the constant victim in these cases. I had hoped that I was just jaded and wrong, but no, it was dad. :( I truly do not understand how he got bail. It makes me want to vomit.

Then this article says no.

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/hiawayi_robinson_case_why_no_p.html "If he is found guilty of the charges against him, first-degree sodomy and felony murder, jurors would be unable to hand Hiawatha Robinson a death penalty sentence.
"

This is also from the article:

"Mobile County District Court Judge Bob Sherling told prosecutors Wednesday he would be forced by law to grant bond to Hiawatha Robinson if they would not present testimony to show Hiawayi died as a result of the assault.

Prosecutors declined to share any additional information on the case, instead calling Hiawatha Robinson a flight risk and pointing to his arrest history."

Note: there will be a preliminary hearing on 1/5 and this case will go to a grand jury for consideration, where "The grand jury may always review the case for higher charges, lower charges, additional defendants or no charge at all. That's always the purview of the grand jury."

Yeah. It also did not escape my notice that LE said the charges would not escalate to capital murder later.

I never trust anyone who talks more about them and makes themselves out to be the constant victim in these cases. I had hoped that I was just jaded and wrong, but no, it was dad. :( I truly do not understand how he got bail. It makes me want to vomit.

YES, I think the same thing about Billie Jean Dunn!!!

There have been no official details about the evidence in the case, but Prichard Police Chaplain Patrick Munnerlyn told reporters today he had expected no bond in the case.

“She was found with one pants leg down, panty leg down to suggest, you know, and it just looked like it was staged to me, with one leg down and the other completely off, and laid out,” Munnerlyn said.

It’s interesting that Munnerlyn’s remarks to reporters were the first details we’ve heard from anyone afflicated with the case. We may learn more details at Robinson’s preliminary hearing which is set for January 5th.
http://fox10tv.com/2014/12/17/reaction-to-robinson-bond/

Since announcing the arrest of Hiawatha Robinson in the death of his daughter, Hiawayi Robinson, prosecutors have indicated they don't expect the 38-year-old to face a capital murder charge. If he is found guilty of the charges against him, first-degree sodomy and felony murder, jurors would be unable to hand Hiawatha Robinson a death penalty sentence.

"I can't comment on the facts of the case but I will say that the charges were brought after careful consideration of all the evidence and that is what is charged at this point in time," said Mobile County Assistant District Attorney Jill Phillips after a judge handed down a $500,000 cash bond for Hiawatha Robinson.

"At this point in the investigation there are not plans for the charges to be upgraded but we constantly evaluate the evidence that we have in the case."

According to Alabama law, a person may face a capital murder charge if he or she is accused of committing murder under a number of aggravating circumstances. Those include murder during a sexual assault, rape or sodomy in the first or second degree, or if the victim is under 14 years old.

Mobile County District Court Judge Bob Sherling told prosecutors Wednesday he would be forced by law to grant bond to Hiawatha Robinson if they would not present testimony to show Hiawayi died as a result of the assault.

Prosecutors declined to share any additional information on the case, instead calling Hiawatha Robinson a flight risk and pointing to his arrest history.
http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2014/12/hiawayi_robinson_case_why_no_p.html

There have been no official details about the evidence in the case, but Prichard Police Chaplain Patrick Munnerlyn told reporters today he had expected no bond in the case.

“She was found with one pants leg down, panty leg down to suggest, you know, and it just looked like it was staged to me, with one leg down and the other completely off, and laid out,” Munnerlyn said.

It’s interesting that Munnerlyn’s remarks to reporters were the first details we’ve heard from anyone afflicated with the case. We may learn more details at Robinson’s preliminary hearing which is set for January 5th.
http://fox10tv.com/2014/12/17/reaction-to-robinson-bond/

I've followed this mostly local, not here on Websleuths , and this was a common rumor here, that the scene was staged. That's why I didn't expect she died while being raped. I was truly shocked to see the nature of charges against him yesterday. I can't imagine the horror.

I can't stop thinking about this. My heart aches for that poor girl even more than it already did. I want to scream and cry and deny that this could ever even happen. How could someone do this to their own child? Not that I understand how someone could do this at all, to an adult or child. But your own child? I know I am echoing so many people's thoughts and feelings on this. We can't grasp it because we wouldn't do it, no matter how hard we think about it. My inability to understand how a man could do what Hiawatha is accused of has me thinking more about how it may not have been possible. So many people were out searching for her. I assume he would have been taking part in that. Or at least would have had multiple people around him during those 2 days when people were searching. It has been stated that the area where Hiawayi was ultimately found was previously searched. What sense at all would it make for him to put her body there? As well as stage it to look like she had been assaulted. Is there anyone who doesn't know about DNA testing in this day and age??

I really hope he does not get bonded out. He is a worthless excuse for a human being and does not deserve to walk freely among us, imo.

Hubby knew I had been following this case and when the news of the arrest of the dad broke and I told him, the look on his face said absolutely everything everyone here has been expressing. This is just one of those "unthinkable" crimes, much like the Jessica Padgett case where her own step dad did unspeakable things to her *after* he shot her.

Normal, rational, balanced people cannot wrap their heads around how it's even possible for another human being to do such a thing, but especially to a person so close to them. Yet it happens, ALL the time. :( I just have to call "pure wickedness" on cases like this. No excuses, no explanations, no clinical diagnosis. Just plain, old fashioned wickedness.

MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back