AL AL - Jason Sims, 15, autistic, Fairfield, 13 Feb 2015

I'm glad that they stopped at four!!!!!

Interestingly enough, it was the oldest and youngest that were seemingly off the grid. Why those two? I'd sure like to know what the heck was REALLY going on with this family. Hopefully they DID stop at 4 and there isn't anything else bizarre to report.

I'm thinking there are not 4 children.
There are only 2.
To the government-4

There are only 2.
To the government-4

I'm not following. LE did locate 3 of the children at a relatives house.

"On Jan. 23, Natasha Wright was found unconscious at the Fairfield home. On Jan. 26, authorities found three of the children staying with a relative in Mulga, but the 15-year-old wasn't there. Those three children are in DHR custody right now." http://www.myfoxal.com/story/281051...king-for-missing-teen-believed-to-be-autistic

So authorities started looking at them closer in Oct 2014 when they heard about claims of child neglect, served arrest warrants then at a 59th street home, and the mom says that's the last place she saw the child before they apparently went on the run/sent the children to live with relatives. Dad isn't talking.

Thoughts:

- Keeping the oldest out of school makes sense if they did think he was autistic/developmentally disabled and they were abusing him over it. It also makes sense as to why he would have "disappeared" if they were being investigated.
- Keeping the youngest out of school is puzzling, but it does make me wonder what gender that child was. If the middle two are boys and the youngest is a girl, it could be some sort of ridiculous notions of gender roles that made them keep the younger one out of school (or the younger one could be the forced "caretaker" for the older one)
- Who reported them to CPS? I know we can't really know, but it would be interesting if the children in school were the ones who talked, since it seems neighbors nor family/friends really knew about these other two children.
- Do the other children know how the oldest was treated? I'm wondering, since it seems this story hasn't been updated, if the young children started talking or if something is happening with the mother's health.
- I think it's weird that no family seems to know about this child, though. Wouldn't you tell your family about your first baby/pregnancy? Did they know ahead of time that he would possibly be cognitively impaired and decided not to tell anyone?

All MOO.

There are only 2.
To the government-4
Are you talking about claiming 4 kids instead of 2 for benefits? It's been done many times for fraudulent $. The thing that baffles me is, where did "someone" come up with all these kids?

There are only 2.
To the government-4
Government math never adds up correctly. They found 3 kids, and mom says there is a 4th. No doubt the middle kids are being debriefed as we speak. As for the missing 15 year old and dad's behavior.... :(

And "family" is aware of all these kids. 3 were found "with relatives".

To me it just seems unthinkable in our day that your own family members wouldn't have any idea you had a 15 year old son. Everyone is SO interconnected now, everyone seems to know everything about everyone else's business lol.

This is still a head-scratcher for me:

"I don't think I've seen him - I don't think," Hill said. "I haven't seen anyone but the two small kids he takes up there to school and sometimes go up there and walk them back home." http://www.abc3340.com/story/281083...e-search-for-missing-teen-extremely-confusing

According to other msm articles those two children LE were aware of are 10 and 12. Those are not "small children" and would not need to be walked to school and back. Although, I did find it interesting that based on this statement we do know those 2 kids went to a school that's within walking distance of that nasty house they were living in. Robinson Elementary is the closest one, so I will assume that's the school they went to. According to google maps, it's a 7 minute walk from 112 59th Street.

Even more interesting is the back view of the house from the alley. As you can see the yard is all overgrown but this looks like your typical wheelchair access ramp, doesn't it?

simsjr1.jpg

I thought the comment about seeing only two young kids came from a neighbor, not a family member. (Wasn't Jacey held in a backyard smack dab in the middle of a subdivision? And she had a baby she raised out there.) People don't pay attention.

I'm confident relatives knew about all 4 children. They might have been lied to about their daily lives, but those family members still hold some responsibility in this. A 15 year old with minor autism would be uneducated. They'd notice his lack of skills.

Much more to this story will surface.

As far as the ramp, it looks like the house was built without leveling the back first. Steps wouldn't work, so a ramp seems the only plausible option, and zero room for a porch. I lived in a rental with similar issues. I hated it.

I see a dog house too. Or is that a spot to hold firewood? 3 chimneys, or 2 chimneys and a swamp cooler?

"Sims Sr. was taken into custody this week, Davis said. He has refused to provide any information on the whereabouts of his son. Some relatives, the chief said, didn't know the teen existed either. "It's odd,'' Davis said." http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/02/autistic_fairfield_teen_disapp.html

That ramp thing on the back does have a 2 step access on the left side. On the same side of the house there I think that's a basement access/entry. If you go around (using google street view) to the front of the house, you can see a window a/c unit in the first window on the left side of the house.

This is rather interesting http://www.spokeo.com/reverse-addre...+St,+Fairfield+AL+35064#resident_info_panel_2

I just realized, the parents have different last names. Which side has the kids? I suspect hers, who's relatives might not have known the new husband already had a child? Just speculating, trying to make sense of this.

I wonder who is the birth mother, and if not this woman.... where is she?

There is so LITTLE being reported on this case, I don't even know if NW is the actual birth mom of all these kids. That being said however, the oldest boy is named Jr., allegedly, after his father. I have found several links to potential "partners" over the years that are NOT NW so who's to say who the bio-mom really is, of this boy and the others? We're all in speculation mode at this point. I do know however, that house on 59th was home to JS SR.'s parents, at one point.

No marriage or divorce documents (that I could find) between JS and NW... so it's anyone's guess who really belongs to who. :(

Why isn't the other child not being looked for? Do we have any info on him or her?

That's a good observation but authorities are claiming that NW is the mom, it seems. Unless they just believe she is... this case is so odd.

"There are four children belonging to Jason Sims, Sr. and Natasha Wright. Two of them, including the 15-year-old, don't even seem to exist."

http://www.abc3340.com/story/281083...e-search-for-missing-teen-extremely-confusing
BBM
If they have no birth certificate, there would be no way to know without DNA tests. As another poster stated, there have been other relationships prior to NW, and there is no record of marriage.

(The dad needs Liam Neeson to come interrogate him)

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mintexas
Back