AL AL - Jason Sims, 15, autistic, Fairfield, 13 Feb 2015

Leaning towards no...the sketch, however nicely done, doesn't seem to be accurate. However, if the sketch artist had the opportunity to see the other children then it could be accurate. Just would like to see recent pics of the others first. Still confused?!?!

Kdg411

I don't think that is the birth mother. Also, they had to give him baby face? His cheeks and maybe lips would be thinner, especially if he's malnourished as insinuated by his estimated height and weight. The eyebrows match the dad. Same nose too.

I can't locate any updates to this story.

:bump:

Me either and no news can't be good news, right? I certainly hope this boy is OK. It's been way too long.

Kdg411

It makes me sad that this boy has seemingly disappeared! I've tried to found out if JS Sr. is still being held but can't find any info. Very, very strange story.

It makes me sad that this boy has seemingly disappeared! I've tried to found out if JS Sr. is still being held but can't find any info. Very, very strange story.

The Judge ordered JS Sr to remain in jail until JS Jr is found.

Kdg411

The Judge ordered JS Sr to remain in jail until JS Jr is found.

Kdg411

Yes, I knew that... that's why I tried to find out of he is still in jail. I thought maybe if he were released it would mean that JS Jr. had been found.

Is the Mom still in the hospital? I can't find anything on her status either. Would be nice for the media to keep the public updated and I'm having a hard time finding anything new. Anyone else read something recent about this case?

Kdg411

I took the liberty of emailing this reporter in that last link to ask if there had been any update in this case. She replied right away and said "unfortunately, no". So, there it is. Nothing to update.

About the mom, she recovered and was arrested. But that was a while ago. By now, surely they've both been released. Where are the other 3 kids at this point?

About the mom, she recovered and was arrested. But that was a while ago. By now, surely they've both been released. Where are the other 3 kids at this point?

They are back with the family where they were originally found.

Kdg411

The mug shot of dad is courtesy Jefferson County Jail, as per the caption http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2015/02/autistic_fairfield_teen_disapp.html. But if you go to their inmate list http://sheriff.jccal.org/results.asp he is not listed as being in custody.

So either he's been released, is being held in a different jail (which sort of makes no sense) or... or I don't know what. :(

I too checked jail records and didn't find him listed. I'm going to check court cases for the Judge that ordered him to jail in the 1st place and see if there's any upcoming hearings.

Kdg411

Interesting....Dad won't talk or tell LE anything about the missing teen as far as we know. The Judge is keeping him incarcerated until the teen is found. I can only think of one reason why Dad won't talk. He's already in jail he just doesn't want to be there forever.....

I believe this will end sadly.

Can the dad be held indefinitely like that? All he has to do is say "i don't know" and they've got nothing on him. Unless they found something...

What jail is dad being held in? He's certainly not listed at the Jefferson County Jail as an inmate (neither is mom, for that matter). I know cities used to have their own jail facilities but his pic in all the articles is from the county.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back