AL AL - Jason Sims, 15, autistic, Fairfield, 13 Feb 2015

This is such a bizarre case! I'm wondering why LE hasn't brought in cadaver dogs to check the back yard or gpr 😕

I think about this boy all the time :( Based on all the available information, I honestly have no reason to think he's still alive. I just want him found, regardless. Children should NEVER just *disappear*.

Looks like the dad is still in LE custody in Jefferson County.

I was hoping there was new information to post, but while researching I found these articles on the Fairfield, AL Police Department that might explain the lack of information on this case.....

This one states that in April 2015, they had to release all of the inmates because they had no money to purchase food for them.

This one states that the city was trying to dissolve the PD earlier this month.

Remember these kids aren't like your kids. They are traumatized, abused and kept from outside contact. They have probably been warned to keep the family secrets. They have no reason to trust adults

Still no news, except Jason Sims Sr is still sitting in jail.

Jason Sims.png

still missing: http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index.ssf/2016/09/where_are_they_now_missing_peo.html#6

21046846-standard.jpg

Joining in to this discussion about the no information.
I fear Jason has long been gone from this world.
Did these "parents" collect any type of government benefits?

Thinking about Jason today and the Jefferson County Jail no longer lists dad as an inmate. Not a single new article either. :(

I've been following. No listing of when he was released? Link to the Jefferson Co jail?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

This was a very dysfunctional family it sounds like, with the father controlling everyone at the top. Poor Jason jr. I wonder what became of him..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JEFFERSON COUNTY, Ala (WIAT) -- Four years later, a Fairfield teenage boy's disappearance remains a mystery.

Fifteen-year-old Jason Sims Jr. was reported missing in 2015, but detectives said they think he’s been missing longer than that.

If Jason Sims Jr. is alive today, he is 19 years old. No one can say where he is or even more strange, if he actually existed.

Jason Sims Jr.’s father, or alleged-father, is awaiting his trial date this year and facing a felony charge for failure to report a missing child.

Still, no one knows where Jason is, how long he has actually been missing, or if he has ever been missing.

It’s believed Jason Sims Jr. used to live in a home on 59th Street in Fairfield.

All passersby can see is overgrown weeds and broken glass, but it used to be the home to a family. Now, it holds a mystery.

Read more: Where is Jason Sims Jr.?

Jason Sims Jr., 15, was discovered missing in February 2015 in what Fairfield lawmen have described as one of the most bizarre situations they’ve encountered. "It’s one of those made-for-TV kind of things where people make up the strangest thing they can and then write a story about,'' said former police Chief Leon Davis. Authorities first began looking into the Sims’ family and child neglect claims in October 2013. During that initial probe, police were aware of two children – ages 10 and 12 – living in the home with the parents – Natasha Wright and Jason Sims Sr. They had no idea the 15-year-old existed, or another child, 9, until the investigation progressed. The latter two had never been enrolled in school nor had any medical records. Based on the condition of the home and the situation, authorities issued four arrest warrants charging the parents with aiding to the dependency of minors, which means they weren’t doing what they were supposed to do for the children as their parents. Those charges were eventually dismissed.

They tried to serve those arrest warrants in October 2014, but nobody was at the 59th Street home. The family was believed to be on the run. In January 2015, the mother, Wright, was found unconscious in the home with a medical condition. Three days later, three of the children were found with relatives in Mulga and placed in DHR's custody. Wright briefly regained consciousness and asked authorities about her teen son. She said the last time she saw him was at their home, but she couldn't say when. The dependency charges have not yet gone to trial. In 2015, Wright filed a protection from abuse order against Sims. In April 2016, Sims was charged with failure to report a child missing, which is a felony. He was indicted on that charge in 2016 and is set to soon go to trial.

Gone without a trace? Misery, mystery linger in these Alabama missing child cases

SHCIBJOQIRGPBNAW2BWKDYBYFI.JPG

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back