Recovered/Located Al - Jay'mayiah Jefferson, 1, Mobile, 5 May 2018

BREAKING: Mobile murder victim's 1-year-old daughter missing

MOBILE, Ala (WKRG) - Mobile Police have confirmed one-year old Jay’Maiah Paige Henderson is the daughter of murder victim, 18-year old Jaymarcus Jefferson. Police have been asking for several days for help finding the toddler. She was last seen in the custody of her paternal grandmother in the area of Delusser St. on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at approximately 7 pm. Police just revealed Wednesday that she is indeed the daughter of the recent murder victim.

Jaymarcus Jefferson was shot on April 24th on Driftwood Drive and died from his injuries two days later.

Mobile Police have not confirmed whether or not his daughter's disappearance is related to the shooting on Driftwood Drive.

WKRG News 5's Mary Smith is investigating and will have more details at 5:00.

[...]

Where is mom?
BREAKING: Mobile murder victim's 1-year-old daughter missing

MOBILE, Ala (WKRG) - Mobile Police have confirmed one-year old Jay’Maiah Paige Henderson is the daughter of murder victim, 18-year old Jaymarcus Jefferson. Police have been asking for several days for help finding the toddler. She was last seen in the custody of her paternal grandmother in the area of Delusser St. on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at approximately 7 pm. Police just revealed Wednesday that she is indeed the daughter of the recent murder victim.

Jaymarcus Jefferson was shot on April 24th on Driftwood Drive and died from his injuries two days later.

Mobile Police have not confirmed whether or not his daughter's disappearance is related to the shooting on Driftwood Drive.

WKRG News 5's Mary Smith is investigating and will have more details at 5:00.

[...]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking it was mom who make have taken her...IMO

Or maybe paternal grandma did because she worried after Dad's death she would lose her?

I was trying to nose around FB but little to nothing even mentioned about this baby girl. No amber alert? Because they are "assuming" she is with a family member? They must know more than they are saying...IMO.

I was trying to nose around FB but little to nothing even mentioned about this baby girl. No amber alert? Because they are "assuming" she is with a family member? They must know more than they are saying...IMO.
Me too. I'm local and was hoping to find something that might give me a jumping off place to explore, but so far I'm coming up empty. I did notice that the Alabama LE notice said she is not thought to be in danger. This may be the reason for the lack of info/urgency. MOO.

Link to Alabama LE missing persons entry/info: https://app.alea.gov/community/wfSearch.aspx?Type=15&Status=5

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Yeah, I am thinking the same. But, if they are not sure why risk it. So, I am guessing they are sure! But, wondering why they bother to put out a missing person alert if they have no real intentions of searching for her in the first place?

Yeah, I am thinking the same. But, if they are not sure why risk it. So, I am guessing they are sure! But, wondering why they bother to put out a missing person alert if they have no real intentions of searching for her in the first place?
Yeah, I don't understand that either. In my mind either it is okay or it's not okay. If she's safe with someone else, that is. I mean either that person has custody or they don't. This is pure conjecture, and MOO, as I obviously have no idea what any of this means or what is going on, unfortunately.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NPOL1566
Back