Found Alive AL - Joani Love Bryant,20, Anniston, 23 March 2020

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by mlhenn, Mar 27, 2020.

1. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

2. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

3. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

The Anniston Police Department
    10 hrs ·
    We are seeking your help to locate Joani Love Bryant! Please contact the Anniston Police Department, or Investigator White at (256) 226-5347. Thank you for your help!

4. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

5. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

6. TatianaBarbie

TatianaBarbie Well-Known Member

IMO, it is. Not only is the town correct, but IMO the school is also correct. Unfortunately, it is mostly private.

7. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

According to the video, Joani just wasn't the same during the weeks leading up to her disappearance. She left on foot, without money, and without her cell phone -- with just the clothes on her back. She was last seen, according to the family, sitting on the front porch of her house, located at the corner of 21st St. and Moore St., in Anniston, AL. According to her father, Carl Bryant, Joanie was wearing a gray "Alabama A&M" hoodie, a pair of pink pajama pants, and house shoes.

Carl Bryant also said: "She's a good girl; she's not a bad person. She was in college and she went through some trials and tribulations in college that led to her having problems. Joani's not herself right now, but any person that she might be with, can you please return her to anybody -- the local sheriff, county or any law enforcement agency -- please."

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    altissima, Dre, TatianaBarbie and 5 others like this.
  8. alexwood

Well, I suppose, since she was last seen sitting on the front porch of her family home, that someone could have swung by and picked her up. Maybe she was sitting on her front porch in anticipation that someone was going to pick her up, if only for a brief ride. But, if that was the case, wouldn't she have taken her phone, at least? She was wearing slippers ("house shoes", according to her father), so I can't imagine that she would have walked any distance.

Just speculating here. She's just a young girl and needs to be found ASAP.

9. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Very unlike a young girl not to have a profile picture and so few friends?

10. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

11. SAMS

SAMS TC Writer

What “trials and tribulations” exactly ? MOO

TatianaBarbie, Knox, Laughing and 3 others like this.
  12. JudgeJoe

JudgeJoe Well-Known Member

Idk- what are you thinking?

Laughing, Knox, SAMS and 3 others like this.
  13. alexwood

Well, the "trials and tribulations" leads me to go the self-harm route. That she went off by herself with the intent to end her life. The fact that her family says that she had not been her usual self in the weeks leading up to her disappearance.

I don't want to think that she committed suicide, and if so, I think she would have been found by now. She was last seen at home on Monday, March 23, 2020, at around 7:00 p.m.

Illicit drug involvement, maybe, leading to an overdose? I don't see her going off by herself. More likely, she went off with someone . . . somewhere.
    (JMO)

Dre, Laughing, Steph8angels and 2 others like this.
  14. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Let's hope for the sake of her heart-broken and very worried family, we're wrong. Hope she is simply taking a break somewhere.

15. Steph8angels

Steph8angels Eye in the Sky

Anyone with information regarding Joani Love Bryant’s whereabouts should call Anniston police at 256-226-5347.

16. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

There is some pain that is too difficult to witness. You know the kind that makes you respond with those deep, silent, uncontrollable, heaves? That's how I felt when I watched her family speak.

Please Joani, come home and be with the people who love you.

17. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

Praying for her family. No matter what she was dealing with she is dearly loved and wanted at home.

18. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

Monday will mark one week since 20-year-old Joani Love Bryant vanished, and her mother said she is struggling more as each day goes on with no sign of her.

“It’s been torture,’’ said Sherri Meadows. “Not knowing if she’s dead or alive or if someone is holding her.”

Bryant, a sophomore at Alabama A & M, was last seen Monday, March 23, at her family’s Anniston home in the 2000 block of Moore Avenue. Meadows said her daughter had been suffering with emotional issues and had been hospitalized for behavioral health observations between the time she returned home from college and her disappearance.
    ‘It’s been torture’: Alabama mom desperate for answers in daughter’s disappearance

19. Knox

Knox Well-Known Member

On that Monday night – having been released from the hospital earlier in the day – Bryant went to sit outside on the front porch. Meadows had advised her against it since it was raining, but finally relented. When she went to check on her, about 7 p.m., Bryant was gone. “We jumped in our cars to go look for her, and we haven’t seen her since,’’ Meadows said. “She left with nothing but the clothes she had on.”
    ‘It’s been torture’: Alabama mom desperate for answers in daughter’s disappearance

20. CluelessWonder

CluelessWonder Well-Known Member

Along with concerns about depression and drug dependence, I am concerned that she might have been experiencing schizophrenia.

inmyhumbleopinion and Knox like this.