Found Safe AL - Justin Brown, 17, Mobile County, 22 Feb 2017

Following.
Nothing to add at this time, except it very much DOES sound like he's been groomed online. Ok, he's only 17. Where's the task force that investigates cyber crimes against Children! FBI?
I'm very worried for this boy. It's like he's vanished in a puff of smoke.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Right! And even the small town isn't talking about it? Are there rumors or people think they know where he is/ what he's doing? Or is he legit just being ignored!!! That makes me really upset. He matters! A lot.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

not seeing much new :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right! And even the small town isn't talking about it? Are there rumors or people think they know where he is/ what he's doing? Or is he legit just being ignored!!! That makes me really upset. He matters! A lot.

You have to be VERY VOCAL in this area to get ANYTHING done. I spent over an hour last week calling about the ET/TC case from TN. Not even our Sherriff's dept was aware of it having AL included in AA. Sorry to rant, hope this explains the dilemma here. Mobile PD not helpful either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

You have to be VERY VOCAL in this area to get ANYTHING done. I spent over an hour last week calling about the ET/TC case from TN. Not even our Sherriff's dept was aware of it having AL included in AA. Sorry to rant, hope this explains the dilemma here. Mobile PD not helpful either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Yeah it does! How does this child get someone with a big mouth? Lol. Cause he needs it. I think if I went missing and it seemed no one was posting or looking, that would be the most devastating

Story sounds pretty similar to Macin Smith :-/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

oh my dear justin. praying you will be found safe somewhere playing video games with your friends

I'm very concerned that Justin has harmed himself.

I'm very concerned that Justin has harmed himself.

:(
him deleting all info on his devices and his gaming system makes me believe his mom might be right - someone groomed him and convinced him to leave.

Hey i made this account just to say this. I am one of justin's friends from school and honestly its been rough having one of your friends suddenly disappear for months and nothing happen, so seeing so many strangers worry about him is very heartwarming. I don't want to make this about me, but the fact that i'm supposed to be his friend but have no clue where he even might be is really makes me feel bad about myself, but that's not really important. I just wanted to give some personal information to help anyone else concerned about this case. Justin showed like, ZERO signs about something wrong. He was telling jokes in class and everything in class literally the day before. I mean, he is pretty weird by default but like nothing was out of usual. He's pretty much the stereotypical fourchanner, you know with like memes and cringey shock humor, that kinda stuff. He did have a discord thing, and from what i saw all of his contacts had anime icons. whenever i asked who he was talking to or whatever he was talking about he would never tell me. I don't know what his discord username was. Also, i dont think this is pertinent information but i mean if he was being groomed it might help, he has mentioned that he was pansexual. My friends who were closer to justin than I were interviewed by police, and they told me the police said a note was left by justin. I called justin's phone and was answered by his parents, and i asked what was on the note but they wouldnt say anything. That's about all i know, sorry. I hope someone finds him soon.

Hi canman,

Welcome to Websleuths. I'd first like to say how sorry I am that your friend is missing. I have a 17 year old son, who like Justin spends alot of time in his room on his computer. I think it's very commendable of you to seek us out here to try and help figure out what may have happened to him.

The note he left behind may have given police a lead to work with. Don't give up hope. I hope your friend makes contact with someone soon.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Local in the area as well, the number of recent missing people in this area is crazy and its like the police are not equipped to deal at all. Few if any organized searches for missing people. It just seems very much to be when a body turns up we will figure it out then type mentality here. Just to name the few I recall here there is Brittany Woods, Charles "bubba" Jackson and Zach Bell. That is all just last 5 years or so and none have been found.

I have a teenager and just recently took his phone and I am keeping it do to very similar behavior, and finding him talking to an adult in a chat area on an app. Its scary stuff and I think sometimes they get in deep before they are even aware they're in the water when it comes to the internet.

Aw canman. I love that you landed here looking for him. I actually do think that his mention of being pansexual is important. Especially if he felt his sexuality could be judged or looked down on by family or friends.

I get the feeling he is alive, but he needs to be found. I am going to also guess he's looking at some social media anonymously. Maybe his friends could publicly share some messages of hope and love and acceptance for him. People he might look at their pages. One of the biggest things that struck me was the lack of anyone posting about him! Of course, I was looking on Facebook and yall probably use something else more often now. Lol. Anyway- just an idea. Keep on posting. We will help however we can, even if it's just people to listen and vent to. :) What a hard thing to experience at 17!!

Hey i made this account just to say this. I am one of justin's friends from school and honestly its been rough having one of your friends suddenly disappear for months and nothing happen, so seeing so many strangers worry about him is very heartwarming. I don't want to make this about me, but the fact that i'm supposed to be his friend but have no clue where he even might be is really makes me feel bad about myself, but that's not really important. I just wanted to give some personal information to help anyone else concerned about this case. Justin showed like, ZERO signs about something wrong. He was telling jokes in class and everything in class literally the day before. I mean, he is pretty weird by default but like nothing was out of usual. He's pretty much the stereotypical fourchanner, you know with like memes and cringey shock humor, that kinda stuff. He did have a discord thing, and from what i saw all of his contacts had anime icons. whenever i asked who he was talking to or whatever he was talking about he would never tell me. I don't know what his discord username was. Also, i dont think this is pertinent information but i mean if he was being groomed it might help, he has mentioned that he was pansexual. My friends who were closer to justin than I were interviewed by police, and they told me the police said a note was left by justin. I called justin's phone and was answered by his parents, and i asked what was on the note but they wouldnt say anything. That's about all i know, sorry. I hope someone finds him soon.
Welcome canman.

I am sorry Justin is missing. I hope maybe he just needed some time away and will come home safe soon.

Aw canman. I love that you landed here looking for him. I actually do think that his mention of being pansexual is important. Especially if he felt his sexuality could be judged or looked down on by family or friends.

I get the feeling he is alive, but he needs to be found. I am going to also guess he's looking at some social media anonymously. Maybe his friends could publicly share some messages of hope and love and acceptance for him. People he might look at their pages. One of the biggest things that struck me was the lack of anyone posting about him! Of course, I was looking on Facebook and yall probably use something else more often now. Lol. Anyway- just an idea. Keep on posting. We will help however we can, even if it's just people to listen and vent to. :) What a hard thing to experience at 17!!

I love this suggestion! Open, public acceptance may be what he's seeking on some level if he is indeed capable of anonymously looking at friends' social media accounts and able to come home. Teen years are so difficult for many it seems and over the years here a common theme with missing teens (that I've observed) is them leaving to seek acceptance that they don't feel at home. The acceptance may or may not exist, the key is that the missing person doesn't see or feel the acceptance due to several possible reasons. Explicitly showing support may provide a safe place for him to return to assuming that he left voluntarily.

Welcome canman! Thanks for posting and giving some insight to your friend. It's got to be scary having him go missing. Try not to be too hard on yourself!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

He's so adorable. I want him to call home.

His mom says she knows he has another phone/ was seen with another phone. I hope that means she's got some leads that he is alive and well and just not home.

Hey, baby! It's ok. Just let someone know you are ok!

Oh. And also the clothes are now jeans, black long sleeve and no shoes. The no shoes really bothers me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back