GUILTY AL - Kamden Johnson, 5, dies in hot day care van, Mobile, 21 Aug 2017 *Arrest*

I lived in this area most of my life. So the house where he was found backs up to woods and there is a path way through the wooded area that leads you to University Blvd from old demotropolis. His school uniform does match several schools in Mobile. I saw speculation that the owner of the home may have hit him. I find that doubtful. For one he left at 10:30, why would the child not already be in school? On top of that this is not an area where owners fly out of their driveway. The area he was found isn't a very wealthy area but it's always been a community of good hard working people. There is also a cemetery so close to where his body was found. I'm really wondering if the plan was for him to be put in the cemetery and someone got spooked and dumped him there instead. Or the child could have been hit by a car.

I lived in this area most of my life. So the house where he was found backs up to woods and there is a path way through the wooded area that leads you to University Blvd from old demotropolis. His school uniform does match several schools in Mobile. I saw speculation that the owner of the home may have hit him. I find that doubtful. For one he left at 10:30, why would the child not already be in school? On top of that this is not an area where owners fly out of their driveway. The area he was found isn't a very wealthy area but it's always been a community of good hard working people. There is also a cemetery so close to where his body was found. I'm really wondering if the plan was for him to be put in the cemetery and someone got spooked and dumped him there instead. Or the child could have been hit by a car.

I don't think the owner hit him either. Why would such a young boy be there all alone, and no one has missed him yet? Most kids that young would be walking or riding with someone. JMO

Also I feel the need to say this. I see so many people attacking the parents and we don't know the story. When my youngest son was 6 we dropped him off at St Dominic's to go to school. (Maybe a half mile from this scene) we watched him go into the school and turn down the hall to his classroom. (Most schools in this area will not let parents walk kids to their classroom) Anyway about 45 mins mins later the police are knocking on my door. My child walked straight out a different door and began chasing butterflies down the street. They picked him up walking into an area that is extremely high traffic. My point is in saying this thechilds parents deserve a chance before they're convicted in the court of public opinion.

Also I feel the need to say this. I see so many people attacking the parents and we don't know the story. When my youngest son was 6 we dropped him off at St Dominic's to go to school. (Maybe a half mile from this scene) we watched him go into the school and turn down the hall to his classroom. (Most schools in this area will not let parents walk kids to their classroom) Anyway about 45 mins mins later the police are knocking on my door. My child walked straight out a different door and began chasing butterflies down the street. They picked him up walking into an area that is extremely high traffic. My point is in saying this thechilds parents deserve a chance before they're convicted in the court of public opinion.

Of course. I was not saying the parents were at fault. I just thought it was unusual for a young boy to be alone in an area where no one recognizes his school uniform.

I had the same experience you did with my son at 6. lol

Of course. I was not saying the parents were at fault. I just thought it was unusual for a young boy to be alone in an area where no one recognizes his school uniform.

I had the same experience you did with my son at 6. lol

Oh no! I wasn't referring to anyone here on WS. I was talking about all the comments on FB under the local news stories.

The news is stating that a daycare worker did show up to identify the child last night. Also it said the teens that discovered the child said it appeared like he had a wound to his head and that someone had done something to him.

I made a beeline to the computer first thing this morning to see if there were any updates. There are some rumors floating around social media, but I can't find MSM to back any of it. This is just so sad.

Maybe its me. I'm having any impossible time figuring out why a daycare worker is the one identifying this child and not a relative.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Maybe its me. I'm having any impossible time figuring out why a daycare worker is the one identifying this child and not a relative.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Perhaps the boy was suppose to be in after school daycare but wandered off and a daycare worker was looking for him. Doesn't explain why there was no missing child alert so perhaps it was a short time frame that he was unaccounted for. JMO

Did this strike anybody else as odd? "District Attorney Ashley Rich and Mobile Police Chief Lawrence Battiste urged anyone with information to come forward. “We would like for someone to reach out to us and let us know if their loved one has not returned home,” said Chief Battiste early in the investigation."

That's not the way you usually talk about a deceased or missing child. Do they think there's also a missing adult?

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Via FB a girl has posted this child as her brother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a horrible situation of course, but this story did give me a little chuckle. <3

My goodness, the social media comments are awful! Sounds like this mother dropped her child off at daycare, then went to her job at another daycare, so she was the "daycare worker" that identified him. What happened to this poor child between daycare and the start of school??? :( This one shouldn't be too hard to solve in my opinion.

Whatever school this child went to, their policy should be to notify the parents ASAP, not wait until the end of the day! If I forget to notify the office when my kids are out, they are calling me by 9:15.

This is very strange, what place of employment wouldn't let you take an emergency phone call?

This is very strange, what place of employment wouldn't let you take an emergency phone call?

I don't think one was made. The school dropped the ball when the child never showed up for school and they didn't make a phone call to track down a parent.

All my opinion....seems like this is what happened.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson
Back