Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im one of the locals involved in chatter I’m unable to post here but you are spot on. MOO is this is absolutely NOT some trafficking ring or *advertiser censored* ring. It’s MOO the complexity of something like that is beyond the typical ability of the man arrested considering his circle of influence. MOO is where this man has worked, his socioeconomic situation and resources in general would not lend itself to being capable of such an operation (swoop in to a busy public housing complex buzzing with activity and snatching this poor girl).

MOO is law enforcement, since late Sunday, have been canvassing the community with his/hers names and photos trying to determine if they are, or have ever been, connected to or have connections in the neighborhood. MOO is they do and it’s what caused them to pop up on LE’s radar. The fact he was caught with CP is an outlier and might cause my overall opinion to change but before that info came out I would have guessed “wrong guy”...100%. I believe they were in the wrong place, at the wrong time, but have connections to the neighborhood. I think LE has known since late Monday they weren’t the perps but considering what was on his phone, made them put extra work into investigating them.

I agree.

I do not think they are the perps either. I didn't think it yesterday either. I believe they were at the wrong place at the wrong time and got caught up in the mess. Thankfully they got two crazies off the street but I do not think they took Cupcake.

Also how old were the kids on his phone? Child *advertiser censored* can be anyone under 18. Did a 16 year old high school girl send him a nude pic and he then sent it to one of his friends so there goes child *advertiser censored* with intent to distribute? I'm not saying that's ok (it's not and it's disgusting) but that's very different than taking a 3 year old for sexual purposes.

Smith issued a public appeal for tips Tuesday, saying people who were around when the abduction occurred may have seen something important or even captured video of what happened.

“We know that a lot of people were out there at this party,” he said, adding that other events were going on in the area.
2 people questioned in Alabama girl’s abduction charged in other cases

Shomari Stone on Twitter
Search for Alabama 3 year old who vanished from birthday party expands to other states. The FBI, U.S. Marshals, the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, and Crime Stoppers are assisting in the search for Kamille McKinney. @janellefiona
EHABH-7X4Acq5EP.jpg

8:36 AM - 16 Oct 2019

Search for Alabama 3-year-old who vanished from birthday party expands to other states
[...]

Kamille was with her mother and other relatives at the home of the person throwing the party, Birmingham Police Department Deputy Chief Scott Praytor said Sunday.

Praytor said Kamille's mother is being cooperative and is "extremely upset."

[...]

"You may think you don't know anything about it, but if you were in the area of the party you may have the piece we are looking for," he said. "Of all our resources, there is nothing more important than a community."

[...]

Quick question, how long was it that Cupcake went missing and the 2 POI were apprehended? About 24 hours?
Well, they were in custody for 48 hours as of yesterday so it would be about 48 hours earlier, if I remember correctly, since she's been missing four days now.

Edited for clarification.

Last edited:
Crime Stoppers of Metro Alabama
Crime of the Week

If you have any information about these crimes or any person(s) involved, you are urged to call Crime Stoppers at or submit a Web Tip . You do not have to give your name. CRIME STOPPERS will pay a cash reward of up to $5,000.00 and you can remain anonymous.

Amber Alert - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney
BIRMINGHAM, Ala. —

[...]

Anyone with information should call the Birmingham Police Department tipline at 205-297-8413 or Crime Stoppers at 205-254-7777.

cupcake4-1571068069.png

This case is a confusing mishmash of "facts".

1. Who was supposedly watching this child?
2. When was the last known sighting of child, and by whom?
3. Last time child was seen with either parent?
4. The boy, who saw the kidnapping, is the only one with any information? Very curious.

I feel like I saw where they had moved from POIs to actual suspects. I may be wrong...
I recall that as well. However, Chief Smith said last night (at about the 2:15 mark in the video below) that although the charges brought against them are unrelated to Cupcake's case, they still remain persons of interest in her case. MOO
Tonight's Press Conference:

Personally, I don’t buy some sort of trafficking ring.

I can’t find a single case where a child that young has been kidnapped for a child *advertiser censored* or sex trafficking ring.

I’m not even sure it’s happened to older children (via a stranger).

Typically it’s people close to the family that engage in behavior like that (people with access).

If that was the case (ring), there would likely be a trail, and it would be in the interest of this pair to speak up so she could be recovered safely.

So law enforcement should be able to figure out who he’s been in contact with, and put the pieces together. But these two suspects should also be inclined to provide that information.

That hasn’t happened, atleast not yet.

I want to believe she’s alive, but I can’t get past the few facts we have, and what the odds say about those facts.

A guy who has child *advertiser censored*, is sexually attracted to children.

A guy like this who kidnaps a child, is probably doing it for sexual purposes (IMO his own gratification).

He’s been arrested, but there’s no sign of this little girl.

I don’t like the math here.

ETA: If there is a child *advertiser censored* ring, I think it’s probably related to the charges he’s being held on. We hear about major busts quite often, involving men who produce, trade, and sell illegal images and videos of children.

I just don’t think it’s going to be directly connected.

I'm also not feeling trafficking ring in this case but one reason cases where it has happened are hard to find is that in the rare situation when the child is rescued alive we usually don't hear their names attached to the trafficking arrests. Victims names are kept confidential and the media stops reporting on the minors names in most cases. We usually only hear that the child was found safe and then we go on to following the next case. There was just a case this year in NC where a 4 year old had been kidnapped by her non-custodial mother and given to a pimp running a trafficking ring out of Texas: Found Alive - NC - Carmen Lowe, 23, & Aubriana Recinos, 4, Fayetteville, 8 Jul 2019
Police: Fayetteville 4-year-old was given to pimp in Texas :: WRAL.com
They recovered the girl alive and reported her name because she had not been harmed yet by the traffickers. I believe there are many more cases where the child is not recovered alive and all we have is a missing child case. :(

MOO.

Last edited:
OCT 16, 2019
National Center for Missing & Exploited Children assisting in Kamille McKinney case
[...]

Robert Lowery, the Vice President of the missing children division, said they have a team from NCMEC on the ground in Birmingham helping out local law enforcement in many ways like researching data.

[...]

“It’s important we don’t assume the worst has happened. We’re not going to give up the search or give up hope to find Kamille alive and return her home to her family because that would be a great disservice. I think often time yes, time is the enemy when children are missing and we hope to find them and get them returned,” said Lowery. “The longer they’re away, the more likely they’re to be victimized, but that doesn’t mean we’re not going to find her and return her. We need to fully engage in reporting tips information.

[...]

He said the public’s role in helping find Kamille is huge.

“Please pay attention to the image of that child and the information that has been provided by the Birmingham Police Department and please don’t assume the worst has happened. We have to be actively looking for that child and another thing, someone out there has information on what happened to this child,” said Lowery. “They need to pick up that phone and call the Birmingham Police Department or they can call us at 1-800-THE-LOST but they need to get engaged. They need to be active. There is a family out there grieving and we have a child out there that needs our help.”

? They were taken into custody Sunday around 8pm. They were charged Tuesday evening. They were detained for nearly 48 hours before the charges.
Yes. The question I was answering was how long it was between the time Cupcake went missing and the POI's were apprehended. OP wasn't asking when they were charged. See below. MOO
Quick question, how long was it that Cupcake went missing and the 2 POI were apprehended? About 24 hours?

Last edited:
Yes, reading posts on here from locals- we have to remember- just because this guy has current charges of child *advertiser censored* doesn’t necessarily mean that this situation is related. This kidnapping could be related or could not be related to the pictures found on his phone. I don’t think he should be underestimated just because of the rumors though. Anyone is capable of anything. No matter what your views are on a person- you don’t truly know who they are inside. The nicest person can turn out to be the sickest person in reality. So far (IMO) there seem to be 3 main possibilities:

1. This guy is a closet predator and wanted the real thing.
  2. This is a local scandal involving the family.
  3. This is an attempt to hand this child over for child *advertiser censored* or trafficking.

All three are possible based on the situation and charges. Let’s hope for number 2 because that gives Cupcake the best possible outcome but be prepared for the possibility of the other two options.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member