Found Deceased AL - Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is a confusing mishmash of "facts".

1. Who was supposedly watching this child?
2. When was the last known sighting of child, and by whom?
3. Last time child was seen with either parent?
4. The boy, who saw the kidnapping, is the only one with any information? Very curious.
We haven't heard from anyone who was watching the child. The father was not there, and there has not been anyone who said something like, 'she was out of sight for ten or fifteen minutes and when I looked for her I couldn't find her.' Nor has LE or MSM reported a scenario like that.

They live in a community where children often play outside unattended. The units are attached and everyone can see out their windows so I guess it's assumed to be safe.

Since there was a party going on that day there were probably more than fifty people hanging around outside.
So yes, it seems that the boy was one of the only ones who actually saw the man put her in the vehicle, although there were probably other kids playing with her around that time.

Hopefully LE will find clues on some of the pictures or video that was taken that day. If the man or woman were there, it may have been captured on video or in a photo.

Imo

Re-posting (from yesterday):

Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney: 2 rewards offered in Birmingham abduction
"Our investigation has continued to move forward. We have quite few leads that we’re following up on,'' said Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith. “We’re asking (for leads) because we feel there are some people on the sidelines who have information that may just be the one piece we need to close things.”

I was just updating the media thread and put these two posts together - it's rather frightening IMO

@otto - 3 little girls abducted in public places
upload_2019-10-14_11-0-20-png.208970

$150 billion human trafficking industry flows through Birmingham

You can direct link to an amber alert on FB when it's MSM. You can't direct link to someone's personal post on their wall. But it's my understanding and I've seen it done many times that MSM posts, news posts, posts from law enforcement etc are ok.

I'm building a media thread for Cupcake now - please hold off on posting updates so I can catch it up.

ETa -meant hold off posting updates to the media thread - I pull them off the main thread! Thanks to all for updating the latest MSM reports. @PommyMommy
Thank you so much! It is greatly needed in this case.

Yes, thanks @MsPooh . I actually had to take a break after a period of time with Myra's case. I really took it to heart and ended up heartbroken.
RBBM- That is what is happening to me in this case, I am getting my husband to try to get any details he can from any police friends he has. He has a co-worker who used to deal with the father where she worked, but I have not heard much about the POI's. I get really emotional & have to take frequent breaks from the news, but my brain never rests.

ETA: I think my husband is getting tired of me constantly asking for the "Deets", lol. He will be tired of me by the end of this case!

Last edited:
I was just updating the media thread and put these two posts together - it's rather frightening IMO

@otto - 3 little girls abducted in public places
upload_2019-10-14_11-0-20-png.208970

$150 billion human trafficking industry flows through Birmingham

But why take loved children that will bring media attention and cause them to get caught when there are so many unwanted abused children they can take without raising much suspicion. Unless they thought they would take children of color who they assumed wouldn't get much media attention.

Statistics show most children that are trafficked come from dysfunctional, abusive homes who are easy to lure. Or runaways or kids on the streets a lot. Ages 12-14 is the most likely. Or they could be going younger since they are easier to groom.

ETA: Alhora doesn't seem to be a sex trafficking case. Seems she was just a mentally disturbed woman, or so they say.

But why take loved children that will bring media attention and cause them to get caught when there are so many unwanted abused children they can take without raising much suspicion. Unless they thought they would take children of color who they assumed wouldn't get much media attention.

Statistics show most children that are trafficked come from dysfunctional, abusive homes who are easy to lure. Or runaways or kids on the streets a lot. Ages 12-14 is the most likely. Or they could be going younger since they are easier to groom.

ETA: Alhora doesn't seem to be a sex trafficking case. Seems she was just a mentally disturbed woman, or so they say.
I don't think this is related to sex trafficking - I just saw the map and thought of the southern trend in these 3 kidnappings - just struck me off.... JMO

ETA: removed reference to other case

Just my opinion here, but we don't hear too much about the kids from other types of homes who are trafficked. Families have recovered their trafficked teens and in order for them to have a normal life, they do not come out and reveal the details. For that reason, the statistics are very skewed.

The other answer to your original question is simple: OPPORTUNITY!

I don't think this is related to sex trafficking - I just saw the map and thought of the southern trend in these 3 kidnappings - just struck me off.... JMO

ETA: removed reference to other case

I have a 13 year old daughter and sex trafficking freaks me out. Reading that article about the college girl is terrifying to me. Thank you for the article.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member