Found Deceased AL- Kamille "Cupcake" McKinney, 3, kidnapped from birthday party, Birmingham, 12 Oct 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Subiechik21, Oct 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

There is one guy who was arrested for felony failure to appear a few hours ago, from Center Pointe. Wondering if that is when this vehicle was spotted. That’s all I’m seeing so far.

2. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

This is the vehicle Birmingham PD believes was involved in the kidnapping of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney. It was recovered at a condominium complex in Center Point. A person of interest is also in custody. No sign of the child yet.

Chip Scarborough on Twitter

Attached Files:

3. alyssa5597

alyssa5597 Well-Known Member

He hasn't been arrested. He is only a POI at this time and is being detained.

4. PommyMommy

PommyMommy #ShinelikeShanann

Chip Scarborough on Twitter
    This is the vehicle Birmingham PD believes was involved in the kidnapping of 3-year-old Kamille McKinney. It was recovered at a condominium complex in Center Point. A person of interest is also in custody. No sign of the child yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    10:29 PM - 13 Oct 2019

5. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

They found him but not the child?
    I hope she is with the woman and is safe and unharmed!

6. Subiechik21

Subiechik21 Well-Known Member

Centerpoint, AL
    UPDATE: 858 p.m. Sunday: "The Birmingham Police Department has made contact with who we believe to be the person of interest in the recently released photos as well as the vehicle. This individual is currently being detained for questioning. Police have swarmed the Shadow Wood Circle area of Center Point in search of Kamille McKinney
    AMBER ALERT: 3-year-old girl kidnapped in Birmingham; person of interest detained

7. PommyMommy

8. MsFacetious

MsFacetious What a Kerfuffle...

I know that. I said maybe they spotted the vehicle while arresting this other guy for failure to appear.

9. crhedBngr

crhedBngr Well-Known Member

Please . . . let Cupcake be okay.

10. btfly547

btfly547 Well-Known Member

Something tells me that this is a very personal kidnapping and not random at all. I believe the suspect will be known to mom/dad or both.

Either way, I'm hoping that she is with someone safe at this moment and will be back with mom and dad by morning. Let's hope the suspect talks and tells everything.

11. alyssa5597

IMO much more likely someone called it in based on seeing it on the news or Amber Alert. Easily recognizable vehicle and was published all over. Or just heavy law enforcement presence all over the area looking for her.

MFH, Willow Knight, cass523 and 10 others like this.
  12. PommyMommy

Jennifer Fortier on Twitter
    UPDATE: @BhamPolice have detained the person of interest in the recently released photos as well as the vehicle. Police will continue to canvas the area of Shadow Wood Circle in search of Kamille McKinney. #AmberAlert
    10:32 PM - 13 Oct 2019

13. MsBetsy

MsBetsy Well-Known Member

14. alyssa5597

This is my question too. I'm starting to worry there was no woman involved at all...

HayLouise, MsBetsy, Nilesil and 7 others like this.
  15. Steelslady

Steelslady Justice for Kelsey

I'm on my 5th Macoun apple of the day, while hoping and praying this little darling is found safe and fast.

Someone mentioned above this could be personal, but how would they have known that Cupcake was going to be at a friend's birthday party at that time and place? The party was already what, 2-3 hours old, and a bunch of children were playing. It had to have been dark out, right?

16. oceanstarryeyes

oceanstarryeyes Well-Known Member

According to other children, a man and a woman in a dark SUV picked up Kamille. An 11-year-old boy said he saw a man get out of the SUV, pick up Kamille and put her in the vehicle.

margarita25, MsBetsy, Nilesil and 8 others like this.
  17. hollye

hollye Well-Known Member

binson@al.com

The search for a 3-year-old girl abducted from a birthday part in Birmingham Saturday night saw a major break exactly 24 hours after her disappearance when a suspect vehicle was found and a person of interest taken into custody.

Birmingham police and Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies about 8 p.m. Sunday descended upon Woodside Condominiums on Shadowood Circle off Roebuck Parkway across from the Cathedral of the Cross. Police officials confirmed the Toyota Sequoia was recovered and the man depicted in surveillance photos released by police was taken into custody.

18. GordianKnot

GordianKnot Well-Known Member

Kamille 'Cupcake’ McKinney abduction: Man detained after 3-year-old taken from Birmingham birthday party

SFA:

The search for a 3-year-old girl abducted from a birthday part in Birmingham Saturday night saw a major break exactly 24 hours after her disappearance when a suspect vehicle was found and a person of interest taken into custody.

Birmingham police and Jefferson County sheriff’s deputies about 8 p.m. Sunday descended upon Woodside Condominiums on Shadowood Circle off Roebuck Parkway across from the Cathedral of the Cross. Police officials confirmed the Toyota Sequoia was recovered and the man depicted in surveillance photos released by police was taken into custody.

“I feel a little better that they got him but the search goes on because Cupcake still isn’t home,'' said her father, 27-year-old Dominic McKinney. “We’re still not stopping. I feel better that they caught him, I do, but until I see that baby, they can catch him all day. We will find her tonight.”

19. PommyMommy

You have to click through to Facebook and start the video from the beginning. It was live but has now ended.

I don't remember if the 11-year-old saw the woman. Sorry! MOO

20. MassGuy

MassGuy The Monsters Ain’t the Ones Beneath the Bed

That, and those previous reports of the occupants of that vehicle trying to kidnap other kids would have to be false.

This appears to be a crime of opportunity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.