AL AL - Lisa Altimari-Wallace, 35, Eufaula, 27 Oct 2012

a82c1e583fe9c7ee4cd32b8f26473338

Auburn Police call officer’s shooter a suspect in missing-wife case
by Associated Press
AUBURN, Ala. -Police in Alabama say a suspect killed during a shootout with police was a suspect in the disappearance of his wife seven years ago. Auburn Police Chief Paul Register told WSFA-TV on Monday that 38-year-old Christopher James Wallace fatally shot himself during a standoff with police. Wallace also shot and […]

Read more of this post

Associated Press | February 20, 2019 at 8:24 am | Categories: News | URL: Auburn Police call officer’s shooter a suspect in missing-wife case

Change your email settings at Manage Notifications.

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:

Thanks for flying with WordPress.com

b.gif

a82c1e583fe9c7ee4cd32b8f26473338

by Associated Press
AUBURN, Ala. -Police in Alabama say a suspect killed during a shootout with police was a suspect in the disappearance of his wife seven years ago. Auburn Police Chief Paul Register told WSFA-TV on Monday that 38-year-old Christopher James Wallace fatally shot himself during a standoff with police. Wallace also shot and […]

Read more of this post

Associated Press | February 20, 2019 at 8:24 am | Categories: News | URL: Auburn Police call officer’s shooter a suspect in missing-wife case

b.gif

I remember this discussion. It made no sense that she left on her own, but police seemed to be doing next to nothing to find her. My guess at the time was that her body was either in the water on the property, or somewhere nearby. Hopefully police can now find some clues on his property regarding his wife's location.

If police had worked a little harder and done a little better in 2012, perhaps they could have solved the disappearance of Lisa and the officer would not have been shot during this robbery. Christopher Wallace was a very dangerous man in 2012 and, in my opinion, it was a mistake to take a "wait and see" approach to Lisa's disappearance.

"According to recent reports, Lisa Wallace was last seen on October 27, 2012. Her husband (Christopher Wallace) stated they'd argued that afternoon and he took their daughter to his mother's house. Police say Wallace's husband claimed she'd packed a bag and left on foot. Lisa Wallace never arrived at work that day and had never been heard from again. Her mother reported her missing. Wallace and her husband had filed for divorce just days before she went missing. Her loved ones believe she met with foul play, as they don't think she would have abandoned her daughter. Her case remains unsolved."

Wounded Auburn officer continues recovery, details emerge about suspects found dead after fire

I remember this case and followed along at the time of her disappearance. Whomever was responsible for dismissing Lisa's disappearance, and her mother's pleas for an investigation, should be ashamed of themselves in light of these new developments relating to the only suspect in her case. It was so obvious that she didn't just walk away and if I remember correctly, nothing was ever really investigated because she had a previous history of leaving voluntarily many years earlier when she was a young woman who did not have a child to take care of. Now another woman is dead at the hands of this man, and most likely Lisa is as well.

As a curious side note, is it common to launch crowdfunding campaigns for a police office who was injured in the line of duty? What would he or his family possibly be expected to pay for? Just wondering.

MOO

As far as the funding, any time someone has a lengthy hospital stay, there are expenses incurred by family that can be hard of them. Travel back and forth to the hospital. That can be a lot if the hospital is out of town. Then there would be posssible hotel expenses, and in town or not , eating out while at the hospital, possible child care. Things we don't consider. All that is out of pocket.

Yes, if he's at UAB, that's Birmingham. My mother was there for six weeks before she passed. We are about the same distance as his family would be. That's about a four hour drive, plus all the expenses I listed. Your choice of a place to sleep is the waiting room couch if you're lucky or the floor or a hotel.

I remember this case and followed along at the time of her disappearance. Whomever was responsible for dismissing Lisa's disappearance, and her mother's pleas for an investigation, should be ashamed of themselves in light of these new developments relating to the only suspect in her case. It was so obvious that she didn't just walk away and if I remember correctly, nothing was ever really investigated because she had a previous history of leaving voluntarily many years earlier when she was a young woman who did not have a child to take care of. Now another woman is dead at the hands of this man, and most likely Lisa is as well.

As a curious side note, is it common to launch crowdfunding campaigns for a police office who was injured in the line of duty? What would he or his family possibly be expected to pay for? Just wondering.

MOO

That's exactly how I remember it too. Police were like an old boys club who sought excuses to do justify doing nothing. That is, they looked at the victim's personal history and decided that it was plausible that she wandered off even though there was no evidence that she was alive after that day. I think that the suspect was empowered and emboldened by the fact that he got away with murder, and this opened the door for him to escalate his criminal activity.

Regarding whether an injured police officer needs donations to cover his expenses while recovering from injuries, I too find that surprising. He should have full coverage for his injuries through work, and his salary should continue while he recovers from injuries.

He is in a hospital 4 hours drive from his home. His family is incurring expenses daily just trying to be with him in the hospital. Out of pocket expenses that are not covered by workmanship comp or insurance.
I'm not one who approves of all the pages for any little expense, but in a situation like this they can be a blessing to a struggling family with an already overloaded plate and budget.

MOO
When she left as a younger woman with no child she came to NY and lived with a friend of mine. I met her once, she was a sweet girl. I also have been following reports of her disappearance since 2012. I think I no more then I should. Between Web Sleuths and Alabama Journals (What no one wants to think happened), and Reports from underground Drug Cartel Informants is over whelming to say the least. I don’t think it’s anyone’s business but the families what happened to her. I hope most people who are members take these bits of info seriously. I mean this was someone’s life not some soap opera. It’s very sad, I don’t think we will ever truly find her remains. I told my friend 6 years ago that I believed she was dead. Just so she could have closure. It really broke her heart. She loved Lisa like they were sisters. And the whoever didn’t look into her disappearance seriously was the Eufula (don’t know correct spelling) Police Department. They tried to cover it up, they are the dumbest police department ever! They took evidence and dumped it in the next county over. And when this hit the fan the Chief resigned. And it was covered up because Chris’s family was directly connected to the police, Mayor, lawyers in that town. That’s why he got away with it. As I said before I know more then I should. And I’m in NY. Anyways thx for reading. Sorry if this hurt anyone’s feelings. Not my intentions.

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charharr