AL - Lisa Nichols, 44, raped & murdered, Mobile, 17 Sept 2004

Suspected serial killer Jeremy Jones said he lied to investigators about a missing hair stylist's disappearance to get better food and extra telephone and visitation privileges.

"I made up that crap," he told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Those murders in Georgia, I didn't do them."

He had told authorities in Georgia that he kidnapped Patrice Endres from her beauty shop in an isolated area of Forsyth County last year, raped her, killed her and dumped her body near a creek in Douglas County.
http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/apps/...9/APN/512090713&cachetime=3&template=dateline

Authorities now say they doubt that suspected serial killer Jeremy Jones killed a Forsyth County hairdresser whose remains were found behind a church in neighborhing Dawson County.

Georgia Bureau of Investigation spokesman John Bankhead tells an Atlanta radio station (W-S-B) that it does NOT appear that Jones had any involvement in Patrice Endres' disappearance or death. He says investigators from the G-B-I and both counties are going back over files to see if they can develop additional leads.

Investigators were back at the church yesterday looking for more evidence.
http://www.timesdaily.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051214/APN/512140636&cachetime=5

Oklahoma authorities want help from the FBI to bring convicted murderer and suspected serial killer Jeremy Jones back to Oklahoma in hopes of finding the remains of two missing Craig County teenagers.

District Attorney Gene Haynes, who oversees Craig County and two nearby counties, said he has talked with an FBI agent about getting the federal agency involved in assisting authorities with jurisdictional issues.

"My next step is to talk to U.S. Attorney David O'Meilia," Haynes said.

Haynes and Craig County Sheriff Jimmie Sooter want Jones to return to Oklahoma to help locate or provide information on where to find the remains of the two girls.

"The FBI has an open case (on the missing girls), although no charges been filed," Haynes said.

However, the Alabama Attorney General's office may not be willing to let Jones travel. Alabama Assistant Attorney General Don Valeska said he doesn't want to give Jones a free trip back to Oklahoma. Jones will not be allowed to return to Oklahoma unless he provides Oklahoma authorities with "corroborating evidence," Valeska said.

Valeska also said Oklahoma authorities could use a Global Positioning System monitor so that Jones could lead authorities to the site where he claims he dumped the girls.

Sooter said using GPS would be difficult in the mining area and wooded terrain of Northeast.

Alias
Jeremy Jones, who was captured in September 2004, also went by the name of John Paul Chapman.
http://www.joplinglobe.com/story.php?story_id=215139&c=87

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back