AL - Mall shooting leaves 1 dead, 2 wounded, at least 1 gunman at large, Hoover, 24 Nov 2018

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by cybervampira, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Southern_Girl

Southern_Girl Well-Known Member

2. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

From the link above -

“The video tells the whole story,” the Bradford’s family attorney, Benjamin Crump, said. “He was running away, like everybody else.” Crump said Bradford ran almost 50 feet, before realizing his friend wasn’t with him. “He took his gun out and went back, trying to protect his friend,” Crump said.

“E.J. Bradford had absolutely nothing to do with the initial altercation… The video is enough, Mr. Marshall,” Crump said.

Crump also said the officers stated in the AG’s report they didn’t give Bradford any verbal warning. “We don’t have any evidence whatsoever that EJ ever knew the police officers were there whatsoever," he said.

Interesting lesson here imo - don't run back when a shooting occurs, regardless of the circumstances. Just keep going and save yourself.

3. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

EJ was running and brandishing a gun in an area where people were being shot. Signs were clearly posted that guns were not allowed in the mall. He disobeyed the rules and took the risk and paid with his life.he was not a hero.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2019
    Subiechik21 and Gardenista like this.
  4. Southern_Girl

ITA. The protests are starting back up & I can’t understand the point of them anymore. I’m scared to go anywhere around the area that the mall is. Last night they were burning flags & pushing the racially motivated narrative that they’ve had from day 1 (the protestors).

Link includes video of flag burning protest.

VIDEO: Protest in Hoover over AG's Galleria shooting report

Subiechik21 and Gardenista like this.
  5. Subiechik21

Subiechik21 Well-Known Member

I live a few miles from there & I am also afraid of what kind of stuff they are going to do.They have also threatened to protest at the schools, elementary, middle & high school in Hoover. This scares me to death because my children go to Hoover city schools & I am afraid for their safety & that of their friends & schoolmates.

The main protester CCJ is nothing but a troublemaker, before this, he started trouble in a police station in downtown Birmingham last year & ended up being arrested. He recorded the whole thing including himself trying to escalate a situation to get a rise & reaction out of the deputies that he was recording, they didn't bite but he got arrested. He uses the guise as a "reporter" & other things to cover stories & turn them into racially charged events he can get publicity. Link to this story below:
    Video shows Fairfield police officer punching man; activists demand firing
    The (apparent) many lives of self-proclaimed Hoover civil rights champ Carlos Chaverst, Jr. - Yellowhammer News

6. outlawcountry911

outlawcountry911 Fishing nude

I’m for gun rights but it not a good idea to reenter a hot area with a gun

Also I read he was part of a fight that led to the shooting

Subiechik21 and killarney rose like this.
  7. Southern_Girl

CCJ is a joke! He publicizes his every move on SM, in advance & includes a date & time, then tags every media outlet in the area. Ridiculous!

This was in no way a racially motivated shooting IMO.

The “hero with a gun”, EJ aka Li Glock, on Facebook

8. Southern_Girl

Well, he didn’t exactly reenter. As you said, he was a part of the original (planned) fight.

“surveillance video showed Bradford standing with a gun after Brian Wilson was shot and wounded”

“Roosevelt Poole, a friend of Brown, testified that two groups of men met up at the mall near a shoe store after Bradford sent him a Facebook message asking about their location.”

Testimony: Man shot by Alabama police held gun over victim

Here’s the entire report from the AG, including photos.

https://ago.alabama.gov/Documents/news/Hoover/Report.pdf

9. Woodland

Woodland Well-Known Member

Not sure why some are bringing up the race card. There is much more to this shooting than that.

Life seems rather cheap now in the US imo and people are better off staying away. My spouse has to go there at least once per year - I hate every minute of it, especially since he is quite deaf. I can see him coming home in a box from there some day.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  10. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

The family and the protestors are the ones bringing up the race card. It doesn't matter what color EJ was. He was brandishing a gun during a mall shooting, on property where firearms are forbidden. The end result would have been the same regardless of his race.

11. Southern_Girl

I couldn’t agree with this more & I really wish this wasn’t the case.

Subiechik21 likes this.
  12. Subiechik21

Subiechik21 Well-Known Member

ITA! Glad I am not the only one!

killarney rose and Southern_Girl like this.