AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020*MEDIA,MAPS,TIMELINE NO DISCUSSION*

oviedo

Reaction score
Last seen July 5, 2020. Missing from Alabama, resides in Heard County, GA.
Age 27
Tattoos: Isaac on left wrist, Trent on right wrist, star diagram on back from shoulder to shoulder, baby foot print on right foot
Drives hot pink Chevy Caviler, tag Georgia RVE6177

022957b3-6ded-4fc7-a4dd-7d59000c74bb-jpeg.256749

Search continues for missing Georgia mother last seen in Alabama

IMG_28011-1.jpg

d9c0a8c5-IMG_2804.jpg

Also from the article : Jones was diagnosed as bipolar and schizophrenic and is not on her medication.
ETA: BBM
Authorities in Heard County looking for 27-year-old woman last seen in eastern Alabama

An earlier version of this story included information from the sheriff's office about a mental health diagnosis that family says is inaccurate.
Other links may also state info about mental illness, however family has confirmed this is not true.

Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

View attachment 257528
Missing Person / NamUs #MP72175
Natalie Pearl Jones
•27 yrs old
•5’3”, 130lbs
•blue eyes
•brown hair; below shoulder length brown hair with blond highlights
•multiple tattoos including “Isaac” on her left wrist, “Trent” on her right wrist, a Star diagram from shoulder to shoulder on her back, along with “Trent” and a baby foot print on her right foot.
•last known to be wearing a pink blouse with white shorts, and black sandals with a bow
•toenails were painted red with a fireworks pattern.
•missing from the Franklin area in Heard Co
•last seen May 5 2020

Circumstance of Disappearance:
She was last seen near Jackson's Gap in east Alabama.
However, authorities believe she was subsequently in the Heard County area based on the last official contact with her phone which took place in an area between the Franklin, Ephesus, and Frolona communities in Heard County.

Missing Georgia woman last seen in east Alabama over July 4th weekend | WRBL

Appears her full name may be Natalie Pearl Jones/Sheppard.
View attachment 257529
•last seen in Alabama at 12:52 AM early Sunday morning, July 5, 2020, near 269 River Chase Dr. in Opelika and Jackson’s Gap, Alabama.
•Her Chevy Cavalier should be easy to spot. It’s a hot pink four-door vehicle with a blue stripe. The Georgia license plate number is RVE6177.

Authorities in Heard County looking for 27-year-old woman last seen in eastern Alabama

An earlier version of this story included information from the sheriff's office about a mental health diagnosis that family says is inaccurate.
Other links may also state info about mental illness, however family has confirmed this is not true.

Timeline - To Note:
•vanished on her way home from a 4th July party
•states the party was at Lake Martin
•a search was done of Lake Martin on July 25.
•more searches planned
•Jones made a phone call just as she was crossing the Georgia state line and there were texts sent when she was in Heard County and northern Troup County area.
•But then, her phone pinged the Franklin tower.
•No one has used Jones’ credit and debit cards, and she has money in the bank
•would often post on social media, so not posting is very much out of character.
•$10,000 reward for info

•family started a webpage, www.findnataliejones.com , and a Facebook page, @findnataliejones. Posters can be downloaded from the website.

FIND NATALIE JONES

This link above offers updates.
It also provides the link to the Facebook page a group has set up.

Family updates search, reopens Facebook group.

Updates from family:
1) As of right now there are no new leads. But the best way to help my sister right now is to SHARE, SHARE, SHARE. Share her story and share her pictures and reach as many states and cities as we can in hopes that someone has seen her and will come forward. I cannot stress enough if you see her or her car PLEASE call your local law enforcement so they can get straight to that area. And if you do find her car, do NOT touch it. Thank you !!! We will find you Natalie !! And we will never give up on you!!
2) As of this afternoon, the family reopened the facebook group BRING NATALIE HOME!, saying

Dear friends,

We temporarily deactivated this page because we were told that it may interfere in the investigation of the disappearance of Natalie Jones. But now, things have changed. With a green light from the family and the authorities…..We’re back! And we’re more determined than ever to find Natalie! She needs our help. We’d like this page to be shared throughout the entire country and beyond. I believe that we can find her with a little faith and by everyone working together!

Jessica Lynn – Group Admin

Update from Natalie's Family, July 25th

Update on July 25:
Because we are on Day 21 with no updates or substantial information, we have decided to start from the last place she was SEEN and retrace her steps. In order to find Natalie, we are going to start ruling OUT places. We know for a FACT that she was last SEEN in Jackson’s Gap, AL. Today Lake Martin was searched by the sweetest game warden and his team and no sign of Natalie was found. Next (with the approval of authorities) we will be flying helicopters over those three alternate routes back to Heard County and checking surveillance on the way to make 100% SURE she left Alabama. Then we will go from there once that is confirmed. Unfortunately, that is only the update I have at this point. And time is of the essence So pray for us please! Pray for my sweet sister.

Update from Investigator Dan Boswell on July 7th, 2020

The last location where her cell phone was communicating with a tower was in Heard County South/Southeast of the Ephesus Cell Tower, approximately 4.22 miles.
MAP INFO:
The cell tower mentioned is going to be this one (red pin).
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

And 4.22 miles S/SE of there would be somewhere near or on GA 100 near the intersection with Thaxton RD.

That last contact was at (or around) 4:40 AM ET. She was last seen in Jackson's Gap, AL at 12:52 AM CT (1:52 AM ET). So that is nearly 3 hours between those times.
Courtesy
@Jethro4WS

GBI now involved in Natalie's Case; Added to Missing Person's List

Additional Update:
•Thanks to the efforts of Natalie’s Family and the countless supporters, the GBI met with the family on July 27th.
•In response the GBI has added NPJ to the Georgia Missing Person’s List
•also will be assisting the Heard County Sheriff’s office in the investigation to her Disappearance.
•The move comes as Natalie has now been missing for 23 days with no concrete leads
•The addition of the GBI to the investigation brings much needed resources and exposure to her disappearance.

Search continues for missing Georgia mother last seen in Alabama

According to Lt. Danny Boswell with the Heard County Sheriff's Office, Jones' phone last pinged in Heard County, but it doesn't necessarily mean that's where she is.

"According to her phone records, she actually made it into Heard County. Like I've been telling people, you could be having a conversation with someone and have your phone die on you, so you don't know where she drove to," Boswell said.
--
Where is Natalie Jones: Family of missing Georgia woman desperate for answers | WWLP
--
URGENT: Missing mom of two young sons vanishes after leaving friend’s home. Sister pleads for answers [Exclusive]

Aug 04 (4hrs ago)

ACCORDING TO THIS ARTICLE:
•from Grantville
•last seen on July 4 as she drove away from a friend’s home in Opelika, Alabama, between 10:20 p.m. and 11 p.m.
•was at a Fourth of July party with several friends at a home off of Riverchase Drive in Opelika, but none of the friends knew where Jones planned to drive to after she left.
•according to her sister: someone sent a text from Natalie’s phone at around 12:52 a.m. on July 5. It’s the last known message from her Jones’ phone.
“I made it,” the text read.
•LE tried to access additional information from Jones’ cellphone, but said there was “minimal activity” available because Jones used a texting app.
•phone last pinged “from a south tower in Ephesus near Franklin, Georgia,” at 4:40 a.m. on July 5, according to LE. Since then, the phone has been turned off.
•Several friends have been questioned and have reportedly been cooperative with LE; an ex-boyfriend has been questioned; as well as the mother of Jones son’s father

Ga. Mom of 2 Vanishes After Leaving 4th of July Party, Sends Text Saying 'I Made It, Thanks'

New article from today, Aug 5...

According to this article:
•drove her bright-pink 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier with a blue stripe from her home in Heard County, Georgia, to Jackson's Gap, Alabama
•left there around 10:30 pm
•At 12:52 a.m. she sent a message to a friend at the party, saying, “I made it. Thanks.But did not say where she was/made it to.
•There were no further communications after that other than her receiving texts.
•her phone’s last ping with a cell tower was at 5:15 a.m. in Heard County.
“It was in the opposite end of the county from her home,” he says.

Ga. Mom of 2 Vanishes After Leaving 4th of July Party, Sends Text Saying 'I Made It, Thanks'-

Family offering $10,000 reward for Heard County mother missing for weeks-

Georgia Mom Of 2 Vanishes After Attending Fourth Of July Party
August 6, 2020, 4:24 PM ET
Missing Persons
Georgia Mom Of 2 Vanishes After Attending Fourth Of July Party

“It’s literally like she was just picked up out of nowhere and vanished,” Natalie Jones' sister said of the "excruciating" search to find her missing sibling.

By Jill Sederstrom
snipped
---

---
From Tabatha Jones, Natalie’s Sister

From Natalie’s sister:
Sitting on my porch lighting a candle of my own tonight. I really appreciate everyone who came out to support my family at the vigil. It means so much to me that people from all walks of life and people who don’t even know us are showing us so much love and support. I am sorry I wasn’t able to be there. I just didn’t know If I could’ve handled it. I laid on my couch and talked with God bc that’s what Natalie would want me to do. She is a God fearing woman for sure! And I know wherever she is, she has faith God will save her. She’s one of the strongest people I’ve ever met. And I know that she is praying. She is praying so hard. And that’s what I’m going to do too. I’m going to pray that I will be kissing my sister’s face real soon. That she will be in my arms soon. That she will be home soon. Please God bring her home.
--
Where is Natalie Jones: Family of missing Georgia woman desperate for answers | WHNT.com

Missing woman linked to jail inmate accused of hiring hit man to kill deputy
Summary
To Note
•LE developed a list of persons of interest in the disappearance of 27-year-old Natalie Jones.
•One name on that list belongs to a former boyfriend, Jonathan Lawrence, who is accused of hiring a hitman to kill a Troup County deputy.
•investigators say he was out on bond and wearing an ankle monitor around that time
•We got a hold of the people in charge of his ankle monitor to check to see where he was during Natalie Jones’ disappearance," said Lt. Dan Boswell of the Heard County Sheriff's Office. "It didn’t show he was anywhere near the area she had been located at.”
•He is a POI, not a suspect they stated

They have followed up on hundreds of leads since Jones disappeared while driving back to her home from a July 4th celebration. Some of those leads coming from as far away as California.
courtesy @mlhenn

Ga. Mom Hasn't Been Seen Since Leaving July 4 Party: 'This Is Killing Me,' Her Mother Says

Sept 8 article

Natalie’s disappearance has baffled LE.
Although Jones had texted her friend that she’d “made it,” Boswell pointed out that “she didn’t say where she made it [to]. She just said, ‘I made it. Thanks.’ There were no further communications after that other than her receiving texts.”

Her phone last pinged on a cell tower at 5:15 a.m. on July 5 in Heard County – “in the opposite end of the county from her home,” he said.

On the night Jones vanished, she’d also been communicating with someone on social media and on apps, Boswell told the Times-Herald.

The sheriff's office and GBI did not immediately return PEOPLE's calls for comment.

Her family is offering a $10,000 reward for information on her whereabouts.

--
Georgian woman, mother of two, Natalie Jones and her bright pink car disappeared.

Sept 12 article

Additional link

Missing woman linked to jail inmate accused of hiring hit man to kill deputy[
---
Riders will meet at the Big Lots parking light in La Grange at 7. All vehicles will be given pink lights in reference to the pink car Natalie was driving. The event will be followed by a vigil at the square in Franklin, GA.

Family of Natalie Jones plans ride to bring awareness to her disappearance - Valley Times-News

The family of Natalie Jones, who has been missing since July, plans to host an awareness ride that will start in LaGrange on Sept. 26.
==

Do You Have Any Information About These Missing Women?

Dr. Phil show

Petition started in missing person case to ask a grand jury to further investigate whether Jones' ex-boyfriend, Jonathan Lawrence, had something to do with her disappearance.

Petition started in missing person case

To Note
•a petition has been started to ask a grand jury to look into whether Natalie’s boyfriend had involvement in her disappearance
•Lawerence is considered a POI in her case
•LE stated there are more people than Lawerence they are looking at
•LE stated they have obtained significant info about Natalie but it hasn’t given them any significant clue to foul play
•received many tips but haven’t panned out
•Although many may feel not much is going on with case, LE stated they’ve worked on her case every single day including an interview Tue; not every part of an investigation can be shared
---
Troup County Sheriff's Office | troupcountysheriff.org

Click on WebJail link (second link from right, below the top image). Then search by entering the last name.
---
Natalie Jones: Petition urges grand jury to investigate missing mom’s ex-boyfriend, who’s accused of putting out a hit on a deputy

“On the date of Natalie Jones disappearance, it was well known to Law Enforcement, that her ex-boyfriend, who she had met with the day prior, who was a prime witness in his drug trafficking case, who lived but a scant mile from his home, who he contacted the day of her disappearance … should have been considered a prime person of interest,” a change.org petition reads.

Jonathan-Lawrence-.jpg

- Jonathon Lawrence

Police reportedly tried to access additional information from Jones’ cellphone, but Bishop said there was “minimal activity” available because Jones used a texting app.

Jones’ phone last pinged “from a south tower in Ephesus near Franklin, Georgia,” at 4:40 a.m. on July 5, according to Bishop. Since then, the phone has been turned off, something Bishop previously said was out of character for her sister.

The Heard Citizen

ETA "The Heard Citizen
22m ·

BREAKING NEWS: Unfortunately, we can now confirm that the vehicle of missing 27-year-old Natalie Jones has been discovered this afternoon in a wooded area near the intersection of Roosterville Road and Welcome Road in northern Heard County. Authorities have confirmed that the remains of a female were located inside the vehicle but a positive identification will not be possible until an autopsy is performed. The vehicle and remains were located by a local resident that was doing some bush hogging work in the area late this afternoon. Jones, a Heard County mother of two, has been missing since July 5. Stay tuned to HeardCitizen.com for further details as they become available...

Body found inside car belonging to Heard County mother who disappeared in July

BREAKING: Body likely of missing mom Natalie Jones found in wooded area

According to officials, a body was found inside a hot pink Chevrolet on a property in a wooded area in Franklin, Georgia, close to Roosterville Road and Welcome Road. Jones was last seen driving a distinct four-door, Chevrolet Cavalier, that she had painted a bright pink color with a blue stripe. It has a Georgia license plate number of RVE6177.

Adventures with Purpose,” an organization that specializes in water recovery while travelings cross-country to help find missing people, was on the scene when police arrived. Jones’ sister confirmed live with the organization that the body was of her sister. An official identification by a coroner, however, still needs to be made.

Family: Body of missing Georgia mom Natalie Jones found inside car

To Note:
•Natalie Jones' bright pink 2002 Chevrolet Cavalier was found on Roosterville Rd and Welcome Rd in Roopville, GA Tue afternoon.
Neighbors say the area is easy to spot if you're driving by and the vehicle wasn't there the day before.
•Officials confirmed that a body was found inside the car, but say it has not been identified
•However, Jones's mother said that the body was her daughter's. LE delivered the news to her earlier that afternoon.

•A search and rescue team specializing in water operations and missing person cases came to Georgia yesterday. While searching a few local ponds, they say they got word the Cavalier had been found.

"This is a very small town," Samuel Ginn with Adventures with Purpose said. "I'm not sure if us being here is a coincidence or the fact that us being here stirred up some emotion in somebody and they just dumped it."

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back