Found Deceased AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020

I’m glad to see the family and LE are working so closely together. Both seem really on top of things. It is such a sad situation & hope she is found unharmed & soon!

Think it’s smart that they are also really looking into the various alternate routes Natalie could have taken on her way home.

Missing Georgia woman last seen in east Alabama over July 4th weekend | WRBL

Appears her full name may be Natalie Pearl Jones/Sheppard.
View attachment 257529
•last seen in Alabama at 12:52 AM early Sunday morning, July 5, 2020, near 269 River Chase Dr. in Opelika and Jackson’s Gap, Alabama.
•Her Chevy Cavalier should be easy to spot. It’s a hot pink four-door vehicle with a blue stripe. The Georgia license plate number is RVE6177.

Authorities in Heard County looking for 27-year-old woman last seen in eastern Alabama

An earlier version of this story included information from the sheriff's office about a mental health diagnosis that family says is inaccurate.
Other links may also state info about mental illness, however family has confirmed this is not true.

Frequently Asked Questions, Answered.

An earlier link edited their article to say the case of Natalie having mental health issues were untrue according to family...
But here it states she has been diagnosed with mental health issues however they don’t feel it has played a role in her disappearance.
“While Natalie has been diagnosed as Bi-Polar and Schizophrenic she had not been placed on medication and her actions and temperament around the time of her disappearance does not lead the family or from our understanding, the authorities to believe it is a factor in her disappearance.”

Where is Natalie Jones: Family of missing Georgia woman desperate for answers

To note from link @str8nightowl posted:
•Young mom, Natalie Pearl Jones, 27, disappeared on July 5th.
•was last seen in Opelika, Alabama near River Chase Drive.
•Jones had driven from Heard County, Georgia to Jackson’s Gap, Alabama to celebrate the Fourth of July with friends.
•Family tried to retrace Jones’ steps on the day she disappeared. “What we’ve done as a family is just hours on the road, driving the route she may have taken, going down dirty roads in Franklin. We’ve just done a lot of driving.”
•Heard County Sheriff’s Department is leading the investigation not the GBI.
•the reason why she’s on the GBI missing persons list because we as a family requested for her to be added to that list

According to the July 7th update from Heard County Sheriff's Office investigator Dan Boswell ...
Update from Investigator Dan Boswell on July 7th, 2020

The last location where her cell phone was communicating with a tower was in Heard County South/Southeast of the Ephesus Cell Tower, approximately 4.22 miles.​

The cell tower mentioned is going to be this one (red pin).
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

And 4.22 miles S/SE of there would be somewhere near or on GA 100 near the intersection with Thaxton RD.

That last contact was at (or around) 4:40 AM ET. She was last seen in Jackson's Gap, AL at 12:52 AM CT (1:52 AM ET). So that is nearly 3 hours between those times.

It seems strange to me that she traveled that way to get home since the interstate would have been faster - the last address I have for her is in Grantville. The person I believe to be her ex-husband has an address in the Newell, AL area about 17 minutes from Ephesus, GA. Was he also at that 4th of July gathering? Did she go up there for some reason?

And 4.22 miles S/SE of there would be somewhere near or on GA 100 near the intersection with Thaxton RD

Probably not related, but there is currently a traffic slowdown on Hwy. 100 between Yarbrough Road and Macedonia/Rivers Road. Just struck me as odd on a road in a rural area.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

Attachments

• Natalie.png
    Natalie.png
    62.1 KB · Views: 11
Search continues for missing Corinth woman

I found this, but I’ll keep looking.

Jones lived in the Corinth community which sits in the corners of Cowetta, Troup, and Heard Counties.
Jones lived in the Heard County part of the community with her mother and children.

According to the July 7th update from Heard County Sheriff's Office investigator Dan Boswell ...
Update from Investigator Dan Boswell on July 7th, 2020

The last location where her cell phone was communicating with a tower was in Heard County South/Southeast of the Ephesus Cell Tower, approximately 4.22 miles.​

The cell tower mentioned is going to be this one (red pin).
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

And 4.22 miles S/SE of there would be somewhere near or on GA 100 near the intersection with Thaxton RD.

That last contact was at (or around) 4:40 AM ET. She was last seen in Jackson's Gap, AL at 12:52 AM CT (1:52 AM ET). So that is nearly 3 hours between those times.

It seems strange to me that she traveled that way to get home since the interstate would have been faster - the last address I have for her is in Grantville. The person I believe to be her ex-husband has an address in the Newell, AL area about 17 minutes from Ephesus, GA. Was he also at that 4th of July gathering? Did she go up there for some reason?

Another member asked a couple days ago about her home address. This was all I could find.

Jones lived in the Corinth community which sits in the corners of Cowetta, Troup, and Heard Counties.
Jones lived in the Heard County part of the community with her mother and children.

Search continues for missing Georgia mother last seen in Alabama

According to Lt. Danny Boswell with the Heard County Sheriff's Office, Jones' phone last pinged in Heard County, but it doesn't necessarily mean that's where she is.

"According to her phone records, she actually made it into Heard County. Like I've been telling people, you could be having a conversation with someone and have your phone die on you, so you don't know where she drove to," Boswell said.

URGENT: Missing mom of two young sons vanishes after leaving friend’s home. Sister pleads for answers [Exclusive]

Aug 04 (4hrs ago)

ACCORDING TO THIS ARTICLE:
•from Grantville
•last seen on July 4 as she drove away from a friend’s home in Opelika, Alabama, between 10:20 p.m. and 11 p.m.
•was at a Fourth of July party with several friends at a home off of Riverchase Drive in Opelika, but none of the friends knew where Jones planned to drive to after she left.
•according to her sister: someone sent a text from Natalie’s phone at around 12:52 a.m. on July 5. It’s the last known message from her Jones’ phone.
“I made it,” the text read.
•LE tried to access additional information from Jones’ cellphone, but said there was “minimal activity” available because Jones used a texting app.
•phone last pinged “from a south tower in Ephesus near Franklin, Georgia,” at 4:40 a.m. on July 5, according to LE. Since then, the phone has been turned off.
•Several friends have been questioned and have reportedly been cooperative with LE; an ex-boyfriend has been questioned; as well as the mother of Jones son’s father

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back