Found Deceased AL - Natalie Jones, 27, Opelika, 5 July 2020

I took a look at where she was found, and it looks like the path was a powerline cut, at a 45 degree angle to the main road, that is curving and changing elevation. The street view was old, but 2020 satellite 2D peeking about, I could easily believe even a hot pink car could tuck in a hidey-hole.

Property is 140 acres, owner has roughly 600 acres without structures, and lives in another city.

qPublic.net - Heard County, GA - Map

Last edited:
Ordinarily I can pretty quickly accept these as "accidental" since I know people who would do something just like this. Something about how clean and still hot pink that car is in the pictures of it seems odd to me though. Did the land owner hose it off in the course of his initial discovery? And not a single twig stuck in that bumper the bushes were growing thorough. I would love a release of some photos of the car as it was found by law enforcement.

Pic of men standing near car doesn't seem like it's from the road. And as I mentioned, the main road curves and changes elevation, the terrain has some rolling hills.

Pic at night on the flatbed looks like typical pollen on the back glass.

Pic at the Sheriff's looks to be in a wash bay, with wet concrete floor.

I've seen cars stored outside for years, that weren't real dirty.

90 days inside a closed car, in AL Summer, should make it pretty obvious to trained forensic folk, if she'd been there all along.

Being so close to the ex-BF's and seeing him recently, is concerning. The unknown items of interest removed from the car, would really help us.

Last edited:
I think they stated that the property owner suffered a medical condition awhile back and had not cut the brush etc. on the property for a long time. I seems that by coincidence he had paid someone to trim the brush on that part of the property which resulted in the car being discovered? Apparently there is the remnants of an old structure that , as previously noted, had been used as a party spot at one time. My two questions are; Did anyone go down that old during the initial search? It seems a logical place to check. Also, if it is an "old party spot" the police should know about it. Why didn't the police ever check back there?

I think they stated that the property owner suffered a medical condition awhile back and had not cut the brush etc. on the property for a long time. I seems that by coincidence he had paid someone to trim the brush on that part of the property which resulted in the car being discovered? Apparently there is the remnants of an old structure that , as previously noted, had been used as a party spot at one time. My two questions are; Did anyone go down that old during the initial search? It seems a logical place to check. Also, if it is an "old party spot" the police should know about it. Why didn't the police ever check back there?

I posted a wider view earlier, but here's a closer shot. If it hadn't been cleared in a while, a car could get lost back there. Land owner has 600 acres in that immediate area, lives an hour away. In an entire county, there could be thousands of hidey-holes. And, sadly, with so little to go on, I'm not sure how aggressive a search was really done by LE.

خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

UPDATE: GBI examiner identifies Natalie Jones as body found in car - LaGrange Daily News
Body of Natalie Jones identified by GBI after found in car | 11alive.com

Both articles posted in last 24 hrs:

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said Wednesday that the medical examiner has positively identified a body found in a car last week as that of Natalie Jones.

Asked if the GBI had identified a cause or time of death, GBI spokesperson Nelly Miles said there were no additional details to report yet. Miles said the autopsy results are pending further analysis.

Do we know how far this is actually from her house? Why the "I made it home" text?
I dont really see why she would stop there to do drugs all by herself, during those wee hours of the night.
This seems to be more of a meeting spot away from prying eyes. Why wouldn't she have just done drugs at home, or at whatever party she left?
I do not think she went to this spot to end her life.

Do we know how far this is actually from her house? Why the "I made it home" text?
I dont really see why she would stop there to do drugs all by herself, during those wee hours of the night.
This seems to be more of a meeting spot away from prying eyes. Why wouldn't she have just done drugs at home, or at whatever party she left?
I do not think she went to this spot to end her life.

I don't think this is what happened but if she was there for drugs, there will be evidence left. Heroin for instance, is such a strong addiction the user knows they may not come back from a trip and often they don't care. You can't think of addicts like regular people, they are controlled by the need for the drug and need serious help to stop using. I would bet the police would have already made a statement if they found paraphernalia in that car so I really suspect foul play.

I don't think this is what happened but if she was there for drugs, there will be evidence left. Heroin for instance, is such a strong addiction the user knows they may not come back from a trip and often they don't care. You can't think of addicts like regular people, they are controlled by the need for the drug and need serious help to stop using. I would bet the police would have already made a statement if they found paraphernalia in that car so I really suspect foul play.

I've rarely (if ever) seen LE make a statement that there was drug paraphernalia in a deceased persons car and have it later ruled an OD. I've seen countless times when LE makes a statement that 'no foul play is suspected' (like they have in Natalie's case) and have the ME later rule OD (after tox comes back).

That phrase is also used when self harm is suspected. Not sure what happened here but they are obviously waiting for toxicology imo.

She left the party oddly, I think.
The spot was near her ex's.
She'd seen him recently before.
He's pending trial for drugs.
Undisclosed items found in car, but phone mentioned.
No signs of foul play.
2+2 IMO, she stopped at his place, got drugs, stopped at the closest known spot to use.
If she was to be a witness in his trial, he'd have incentive to alter the dose. All my own wildly speculative rambling.

I've rarely (if ever) seen LE make a statement that there was drug paraphernalia in a deceased persons car and have it later ruled an OD. I've seen countless times when LE makes a statement that 'no foul play is suspected' (like they have in Natalie's case) and have the ME later rule OD (after tox comes back).

That phrase is also used when self harm is suspected. Not sure what happened here but they are obviously waiting for toxicology imo.

Of course, we would all prefer to think "foul play", rather than acknowledge that another young person with so much to live for would gamble with their lives by using opiates one more time. Self harm, intended or not, is likely what happened to this poor young woman. So sad. JMHO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd
Back