Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

Yeah, I thought that's what they meant, too.

In some states, the privacy laws require that they exhaust all other means before they're allowed to use family DNA techniques. I don't know whether that's the case in Alabama, or if these guys are just dragging their feet.

It could be budgetary reasons, too. I know DDP crowd sources to fund their cases, but they're nonprofit and won't take child cases. The agencies LE would have to use in her case, because she is a child, are for profit and may not be able to ask the public for donations to fund the research. I could be wrong, but I think some police depts aren't allowed to accept or ask for donations.

Yeah, I thought that's what they meant, too.

In some states, the privacy laws require that they exhaust all other means before they're allowed to use family DNA techniques. I don't know whether that's the case in Alabama, or if these guys are just dragging their feet.
I get that but this far out what could possibly be left to explore? They have had years to run down any formal leads so what could be left outside of genetic genealogy?

I get that but this far out what could possibly be left to explore? They have had years to run down any formal leads so what could be left outside of genetic genealogy?

I have no idea. I don't even know if that's actually the case. It's just hypothetically something that could be holding it up.

I mean, I kind of feel like they must have done everything possible already without genetic genealogy to ID her? I hope they have! The 10 year anniversary of the discovery of her remains is coming up soon. I am hoping we'll at least have some progress by then.

I assume organizations like DNA Doe Project and Othram won't take her case on, because she was a child and in all likelihood was murdered by family. But maybe LE can do it without the help of another forensic genealogy agency. I don't know. I just hope she can be found.

Looking at the photos of the little girl at the bible vacation school made me so sad. It hurts my heart to think of the life that little girl has led (I might be considered presumptuous in assuming it's her, but I truly think it is, and I think most of us agree). The similar left eye issues make it hard for me to believe that they could be different girls.

I assume organizations like DNA Doe Project and Othram won't take her case on, because she was a child and in all likelihood was murdered by family.
bbm.
AFAIK, Othram has taken on (small) children's cases; they were the ones who identified Alisha Heinrich (formerly known as Delta Dawn). For all we know, she might be worked on, but I've also noticed that many Southern States are not among the states that are embracing this new technology.. yet. I could be wrong and I hope I am.

Othram was contacted in June but has not posted. Obviously that can indicate several things -- not enough resources to add this case, not enough LE cooperation, IDK what else.

She's waited quite a while, we'll have to wait with her.

Hi all unfortunately I didn’t initially realize
I was quoting a closed FB group - in breach of the WS TOS. So I reported my post and all that quotes my post and had mods remove them.

Apologies to everyone and huge thanks to the member that PM’d me to alert me to the breach.

Lets just leave it that someone - not Othram - is on this case.

I am having the hardest time finding an email address for Sgt White, or for submitting tips in general. I would rather not phone them. Is it call only? Or is the FBI the sole investigating agency now? Anyone have any ideas? Thank you for being forgiving of my googling skills today, I was up late and my brain seemes to have stayed asleep this morning.

I'm not certain he's still at that department since last time I checked articles were quoting another detective about her case. The numbers on their site should still get you in touch with someone on her case, though:
Contact Us | Opelika, AL

244974093_4910203389007529_6975373761174809146_n.png
244986486_4910203399007528_1063540093129639757_n.png

New reconstructions were released by the NCMEC.
Who is Opelika Jane Doe?

Just read through the thread, was it ever determined whether her eye was actually removed? I assume that if it was the reconstructions would have it missing. Sorry if I missed it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back