Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

Opelika PD has engaged Othram to attempt a DNA profile for this little girl. Barbara Rae Venter has been engaged for genealogical research. We are in the very early stages here so lots of work to do.

More details here: Who is Opelika Jane Doe (2012)?

What do you think @othram .... it's been a while now.... will 2022 be the year this precious one has her name back?

*I think about this baby often. Sometimes it scares me I think of her so deeply. I have a video I watch every time I get my hopes up cause to tell ya the truth, I do have an enormous amount of faith she’ll be identified. I’m gonna watch it again. I hope you’ll watch it too, to perhaps experience a sense of what I feel when I listen…

The secret witness hotline for OPD is: 334-745-8665.

“Words like determined, committed, persevering, don’t do justice what [the department has] done for this case,” Ventiere said.
“There is not one speck of dust on the Baby Jane Doe case file, I can guarantee you that.”

The article rehashes the case, like where she was found, her vital statistics, and her isotope results. It also states:

A significant update in Opelika’s Baby Jane Doe case is slated to be announced Thursday by Opelika police. The community may finally hear who investigators believe the little girl is, what happened to her, and who they allege is responsible.
~~~~~~~
We may finally be able to speak Baby Jane Doe’s true name.
Thursday morning Opelika Police Chief Shane Healey is hosting a news conference to share the latest information. WRBL will be there and bring you the details as they are revealed.

Snipped for copyright.

I didn't happen to catch a specific time in the article.

Could anybody please kindly summarise the article if possible? I can't access it. Much appreciated
Not much actual info other than announcing the press conference for tomorrow morning. However, the article does include, "We may finally be able to speak Baby Jane Doe’s true name." Not sure that would be included if they didn't think it was going to happen.

"The mobile home and woods where the remains of Baby Jane Doe were located in January 2012 is once again surrounded by yellow crime scene tape. Wednesday afternoon, January 18th, Opelika police confirmed they are serving a search warrant at the property along with the Federal Bureau of Investigation regarding an ongoing investigation. However, investigators will not say if the search is related to the Baby Jane Doe case. Agents are standing on the mobile home’s front porch. The area around the residence, along with the front and back yard are blocked off with tape."

They said "may" - does that mean they're not sure? I can't get as hopeful as before the Boy in the Box case because of this uncertainty.

I'm really hoping she gets her name back and they get whoever did this - presumably her "family" or supposed "caregivers". This case is one of the most haunting to me because of the photos of her when she was alive.

The police department released few details about the news conference other than to say it will be held Thursday at 10 a.m. at the Opelika Police Department.

We will carry this news conference Thursday morning.

There is reason to believe investigators have made a major breakthrough in the case, however. A spokesperson for Ortham, a private, Texas-based laboratory that specializes in forensic genealogy, confirmed to WSFA 12 News Wednesday that the girl has been identified, though her name has not yet been released.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back