AL AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe' BlkFem UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12

Discussion in 'The Unidentified' started by Kimster, Jan 29, 2012.

1. HoaZi

HoaZi Member

As an FYI I called and spoke with the detective this afternoon and gave him the information and links I had, and a link to this thread as well. I'm still in a primitive stage of writing on this, but I'm really hoping somewhere in all this information he'll find answers, and she'll have justice and peace.

2. Springrain

Springrain Buckskin Girl was Marcia King

What a sweet, beautiful, adorable little angel! I pray that answers are found soon!

3. KaylaraOwl

KaylaraOwl TDTF & TCC Volunteer!

If this is the same little girl, you should check the local hair salons that do braiding for African-American women. That hair was probably not done by her mother.

4. HoaZi

HoaZi Member

Tageana Griffith also appears to be alive and out of the country (parental abduction)

Jamilah Haley may have been parental abduction, there's a Google+ attached to the name that has a drawing I would expect in a child of her current age and no other information, but the name isn't totally uncommon either.

Selah Davis (along with her mother Sasha and mother's friend Jarib Bennett) are the only ones I can't find a recent whiff of online. I haven't searched heavily among UID, but if they were found separately rather than together (or maybe still living under the radar) the connection might never have been made. If the only DNA in the database for her is from her father, what if (for the sake of argument) he isn't her biological father but doesn't/didn't know? No match would be made.

As sad as it would be, I'm leaning heavily towards either Selah or a child that was never reported missing/never entered into the database.

5. HoaZi

HoaZi Member

I did a blog on Jane's case on patreon, as an FYI any cases I blog about there or elsewhere will always be open to the public and not members only. If there are no updates on the case before the 5th anniversary of her being found I will just push the same post again on that date.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/what-haunts-us-7124063

6. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

Though the pictures aren't really clear, it looks like the issue with her left eye may be retinoblastoma:
    https://eyecancer.com/general-interest/camera-flashes-catch-eye-cancer-in-children/
    The tumor can cause whitening of the eye with flash photography.
    (For anyone out there with babies and small children, or who may have kids someday, this is very important to tuck away in your memory banks, should you see this in your child).

7. HoaZi

HoaZi Member

Yes, it could. My bet is on trauma, though. If the skull showed evidence of damage and remodeling prior to death in that area, then being hit in the head could have caused a detached retina, which also shows the white glow.

8. shandram19

shandram19 Active Member

9. 4SAM

4SAM Kentucky - Texas - Kansas - Missouri

Any word on any of the bodies that were found near this trailer park? Was the second set one of the 2 guys that went missing?

10. cvaldez1975

cvaldez1975 Well-Known Member

this is so sad. its clear this little one was never reported, just abandoned :(

11. Claireishere

Claireishere Well-Known Member

Any chance on this being Shy'Kemmia Pate?

12. ghostINshell

ghostINshell New Member

Idk buuut they look pretty similar to each other.

13. Djcee

Djcee New Member

It's impossible for Opelika Jane doe to be ShyKemmia bc shykemmia was born in 1989 & was 8 years old when she disappeared. Opelika jane doe was found in 2012 & is assumed to be btwn 4-7 years old. Making her year of birth btwn 2005 and 2008

14. ghostINshell

ghostINshell New Member

Op didn't see that true tru

15. Alleykins

Alleykins Well-Known Member

From her NamUs Page:
    Hopefully, when it's run through CODIS, it will match
    https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/9834

16. SkittyKitty

SkittyKitty New Member

Shy went missing in 1998 and was already 8 years old , the bones found of Opelika jane doe have put her death 8 months to 2 years before 2012. That would mean shy was 18 when the bones were found so would be too old.

17. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

18. aThousandYearsWide

aThousandYearsWide Well-Known Member

Just found this on the Charley Project. Andrew James Barnett was also found near a trailer park in the same town. However, he went missing in 2004 which is her earliest possible year of birth (if she was 7 years old and died in 2011).

Barnett was found in 2016 at 1300 block of South Long Street, and Opelika doe was found in 2012 at 1775 Hurst Street, which is a 3 minute drive from each other or a 13-16 minute walk.

http://wrbl.com/2017/11/27/opelika-police-identify-remains-found-of-man-missing-since-2004/

19. Nymphoria

Nymphoria New Member

20. Claireishere

Claireishere Well-Known Member

Fortunately it sounds like she would have been well cared for by either parent and is likely safe and well in the Bahamas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk