Identified! AL - Opelika, 'Juvenile Jane Doe', BlkFem, UP9834, 4-7, in woods, abused, Jan'12 *reward* - Amore Joveah Wiggins

attachment.php

We will be doing a FB LIVE very soon with Opelika investigators. PLEASE SHARE and help police get justice for this little girl.

Opelika Police continue to pursue leads in the “Jane Doe” case first reported in January of 2012. Recently we released new composite photographs of Jane Doe that we compiled in cooperation with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children and the Lee County Coroner’s Office. The composites were released in hopes of someone possibly recognizing her and assisting us in being able to identify her. Through that process we received several tips, one of which was very promising and lead to us obtaining the attached photographs. We believe the young girl in these photographs is Jane Doe, however, we are not positive she is. The photographs were taken during a Vacation Bible School at Greater Peace Church in 2011. All attempts to identify her through church and school records have failed. We are asking for the public’s help in identifying who this young girl is. She would have been about 4-5 years old in these pictures (in 2011). The young girl also had a visible deformity of some type with her left eye. She may have been blind in that eye. The deformity may have been natural or caused by an accident or abuse. It is believed she had a slightly unkempt appearance and was not very clean. She was quiet and stayed to herself, not interacting with other children very much. She had trouble communicating on the same level as the other children.

Anyone who recognizes this young girl is asked to contact the Opelika Police Department Investigative Services Division at (334)705-5220, the Secret Witness Hotline at (334)745-8665, or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children’s Call Center at 1-800-THE-LOST(843-5678).

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1452002158148574&id=217147361634066

View the FB Live

What a sweet, beautiful, adorable little angel! I pray that answers are found soon!

If this is the same little girl, you should check the local hair salons that do braiding for African-American women. That hair was probably not done by her mother.

Tageana Griffith also appears to be alive and out of the country (parental abduction)

Jamilah Haley may have been parental abduction, there's a Google+ attached to the name that has a drawing I would expect in a child of her current age and no other information, but the name isn't totally uncommon either.

Selah Davis (along with her mother Sasha and mother's friend Jarib Bennett) are the only ones I can't find a recent whiff of online. I haven't searched heavily among UID, but if they were found separately rather than together (or maybe still living under the radar) the connection might never have been made. If the only DNA in the database for her is from her father, what if (for the sake of argument) he isn't her biological father but doesn't/didn't know? No match would be made.

As sad as it would be, I'm leaning heavily towards either Selah or a child that was never reported missing/never entered into the database.

I did a blog on Jane's case on patreon, as an FYI any cases I blog about there or elsewhere will always be open to the public and not members only. If there are no updates on the case before the 5th anniversary of her being found I will just push the same post again on that date.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/what-haunts-us-7124063

Though the pictures aren't really clear, it looks like the issue with her left eye may be retinoblastoma:
https://eyecancer.com/general-interest/camera-flashes-catch-eye-cancer-in-children/
The tumor can cause whitening of the eye with flash photography.
(For anyone out there with babies and small children, or who may have kids someday, this is very important to tuck away in your memory banks, should you see this in your child).

Yes, it could. My bet is on trauma, though. If the skull showed evidence of damage and remodeling prior to death in that area, then being hit in the head could have caused a detached retina, which also shows the white glow.

Any word on any of the bodies that were found near this trailer park? Was the second set one of the 2 guys that went missing?

It's impossible for Opelika Jane doe to be ShyKemmia bc shykemmia was born in 1989 & was 8 years old when she disappeared. Opelika jane doe was found in 2012 & is assumed to be btwn 4-7 years old. Making her year of birth btwn 2005 and 2008

It's impossible for Opelika Jane doe to be ShyKemmia bc shykemmia was born in 1989 & was 8 years old when she disappeared. Opelika jane doe was found in 2012 & is assumed to be btwn 4-7 years old. Making her year of birth btwn 2005 and 2008
Op didn't see that true tru

Shy went missing in 1998 and was already 8 years old , the bones found of Opelika jane doe have put her death 8 months to 2 years before 2012. That would mean shy was 18 when the bones were found so would be too old.

Just found this on the Charley Project. Andrew James Barnett was also found near a trailer park in the same town. However, he went missing in 2004 which is her earliest possible year of birth (if she was 7 years old and died in 2011).

Barnett, 34, disappeared from Opelika, Alabama on June 11, 2004. His remains were found behind Bennett's Trailer Park in Opelika in September 2016, but they weren't identified until November 2017. His death is under investigation.
source: http://charleyproject.org/resolved.html

Barnett was found in 2016 at 1300 block of South Long Street, and Opelika doe was found in 2012 at 1775 Hurst Street, which is a 3 minute drive from each other or a 13-16 minute walk.

http://wrbl.com/2017/11/27/opelika-police-identify-remains-found-of-man-missing-since-2004/

Fortunately it sounds like she would have been well cared for by either parent and is likely safe and well in the Bahamas.

Stupid me, it said nothing about those circumstances on the other page I read about her, I never read this one, I just linked to it for the better pictures. Sorry!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard
Back