AL - Outrage after newspaper editor calls for the KKK to 'night ride again', Linden, Feb 2019

This is not the Jussie Smollett thread. Stay on topic folks.

Thanks.

It's morons like this that give the rest of us Alabamains and southerners in general a bad name. The biggest majority of us are not like this idiot.

I am very tired of the myth that all racists are Southerners,and that Alabama is mostly full of ignorant racist rednecks. I was born and raised in Birmingham and I can also assure everyone that this fool does not speak for the majority of Alabamians. There are racists in every state, and right now they all feel empowered to spew their hateful rhetoric. Shame on them all.

Black editor resigns from Alabama paper that called for revival of KKK due to owner interference | Daily Mail Online

An African-American woman who took over the helm of a small-town Alabama newspaper that recently called for the Ku Klux Klan to 'ride again' has stepped down after just a few weeks in the position.

upload_2019-3-18_5-46-41.jpeg

Elecia R. Dexter told The New York Times on Friday that she stepped down because of continuing interference from the newspaper's owner who had published the KKK editorial.

upload_2019-3-18_5-46-29.jpeg

Dexter said she wanted to maintain her 'integrity and well-being'.

'I would have liked it to turn out a different way, but it didn't,' Dexter, 46, told the newspaper.

'This is a hard one because it's sad - so much good could have come out of this.'

Last month, Dexter replaced Goodloe Sutton, 80, as editor and publisher of the Democrat-Reporter of Linden.

[...]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back