Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Jo in Calif, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rickcross

rickcross Well-Known Member

Possibly, but these were not widespread searches. The sites were very specific. I think it is possible that the tipster told them they went to the first location, then decided to bury her elsewhere. Cops went there first to look for any possible evidence that they were there. Think cigarette butts or beer cans. Then they moved to the site where they knew she was.

CandyKiss, margarita25 and bestill like this.

2. bhammom

bhammom Active Member

I am wondering if LE was able to track the pings on the co-worker's phone (or phones of friends in their group) to see where they went that night? If they said they went to the Tin Roof and then back home - going out to Hueytown would be a big contradiction. I am kind of leaning to an accidental overdose and then panicking.

Pinktruth, Aurea, Beth11311 and 6 others like this.
  3. rickcross

sloane7777 likes this.
  4. nrbc4

nrbc4 Well-Known Member

5. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

I've bounced in and out of this thread over the past couple of weeks so my apologies if this has already been discussed.

Could it be possible that Paighton came across someone at the bar she knew from rehab? Then they went off with, perhaps, people known to the friend? That would explain why she left initially, a relapse, let's go party, and the text saying she didn't know where she was or who she was with and that she might be in trouble. I think the "trouble" comment was meant to mean drugs.

I am going to stick my neck out and suggest, if this is Paighton, that the cause of death is going to be an accidental overdose.

For those that may not know, many addicts overdose accidentally after being sober because they shoot up with the same dose that they were accustomed to using at the time they stopped. Since they've been clean, their body can no longer tolerate that dose. Prior to rehab they were building up a tolerance bit by bit and increasing their dosing bit by bit. To be clean and sober and then go right back to the highest dose you were taking before you got sober is a recipe for a fatal overdose. (Corey Monteith)

Just throwing this out there. I could be entirely wrong. It's going to be terribly sad no matter what the COD.

MOO

6. Knox

Knox #justiceforMoni ~

The google images of the house are 2008 & 2013.

Anyone else having problems with the page loading?

7. rickcross

Its been my experience that people don't turn a non crime in to a huge crime by burying someone that overdosed.

8. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Please be careful mentioning social media speculation, friends/family initials, job positions, etc...

9. bwt42

bwt42 On Time Out

The tips could be from a friend of a suspect question by LE as to where he/she would hide a body.

10. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

I'm behind but Oh No. No matter how many cases and how this eventuality is many times expected it's still completely heartbreaking.

11. Cortne

Cortne Well-Known Member

Seems pretty common these days.

jmo

12. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Especially if it's a stranger, why risk it?

13. Dre

Dre Well-Known Member

I don’t think that someone “just figured” it was an abandoned house- I think they already knew somehow that it was abandoned. I think she was murdered and buried there and someone close to the situation came forward to the police with their knowledge or suspicions.
    Moo

being wrapped in cloth imo was helpful for the concealment, transportation and burial, not a last moment remorse or showing they care. I think that’s more for when one kills someone and leaves the body at the scene, again moo

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  14. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

"Wrapped in cloth". Meaning someone knew her or cared for her possibly? MOO

15. nrbc4

nrbc4 Well-Known Member

16. Rural_PC

Rural_PC Well-Known Member

And to ease movement.

17. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

Possibly panicked? Possibly someone who has a lot to lose? Someone on parole ? MOO

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
  18. TexLil

TexLil Well-Known Member

Sorry . What's a trap house ? MOO

AnnaGrace, mjp1228, bowler and 4 others like this.
  19. UnderTheSouthernCross

UnderTheSouthernCross Vulcan

The fact that a FB pic turned up of PH playing softball near the field where they were searching yesterday -- if that is what is at Chapel & Love, I only know what I read -- then this location is hardly a coincidence...

Van Helsing, momrids6, TRB and 8 others like this.
  20. JusMeJim

JusMeJim Active Member

This leads me to believe that they either have a suspect or possibly a tipster that threw out a name for some reason, and that possibly that name is associated with these 3 locations. Possibly the "POI" owns all 3 properties? I'm not sure what the rules are, but if someone knows the addresses of the 3 locations searched, it would be interesting to search public records to see who the owner of the 3 properties is.

carbuff, Beth11311, Momma2cam and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.