Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #2

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Jo in Calif, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sraybella

sraybella Well-Known Member

Oh Paighton, it seems you fought hard here on earth and I’m sure rallied back, more times than any of us “internet strangers” know. I hope that you have finally found a place of peace.
    You can rest easy now, while we ensure justice for you and your family.

2. Spartygirl

Spartygirl Verified Insider - Michael Vanzandt case

Not the news we wanted to hear, but we were afraid it would be Paighton.
    Fly High dear Paighton.
    Prayers for her family and friends as while they now know where she is and that unknown fear is gone, they now need strength to carry on and forward.

3. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry @Tddj! Was still a bit hopeful for a fundamentally different outcome... It's difficult/almost impossible to find any consolation after such a horrible tragedy, but at least she can be brought home and we get closer to finding who did this and justice. I am so sorry for your loss!

4. C.Cato

C.Cato Active Member

I have to say, I have never seen a more "put together, humble family" as PH family. When my brother died at 24, I literally watched my family fall to pieces. Its also when I became a neurotic mother myself. I had to 2 small children at the time and going through something like that changes a person. Especially when my brother was murdered by his "so called" best friend. Hes doing life in Angola and pray he never sees the light of day.

5. kemberley ochetti

kemberley ochetti New Member

Brand spanking new here. This case is what made me aware of this page.

I could be completely off, as I just found out about this case yesterday. But I am speculating

perhaps she did leave with two people she didn’t know. I have read that abandoned house is a known trap house (again speculation) and maybe she went to get high. Ended up doing too much or perhaps it was this Heroin laced with fentanyl that has popped up everywhere and she ends up dead. People she is with panic and dog a shallow grave and then leave.

I feel horrible for her family and friends, but hopefully they can get some closure and justice if fowl play was afoot.

2.curious, afitzy, toldav54 and 9 others like this.
  6. Lusitana

Lusitana Well-Known Member

Angola as in the country?
    These cases of people being killed by "friends" are making me paranoid, Jesus what a nightmare.

7. WildcatRunner

WildcatRunner Well-Known Member

Class acts.

8. bestill

bestill It's a Disney Day for SC Inmate 00378074

Welcome to WS.

DEB-Z, TimesEight, Lillymac and 15 others like this.
  9. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

So well said @Beth11311 .... She did achieve what many could not ... She deserved to live and thrive... :(

DEB-Z, Luckyzmom, AnnaGrace and 11 others like this.
  10. Momma2cam

Momma2cam Well-Known Member

My mom's cousin OD'd about 15 yrs ago. He and a friend were using together. They both passed out and my mom's cousin never woke up. Friend "woke up", panicked, moved him to the bath to try to get him to come to. Then fled when he realized he was no longer alive. While he did not bury him, he also did not call for help.

I suspect something similar may have happened here. JMO

If foul play is involved of any sort, I hope for swift justice.

11. C.Cato

C.Cato Active Member

Im sorry I should have clarified. I forget Im communicating with people across the world.
    But its a well known prision in Louisiana. Deep south Louisiana.

12. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator Moderator

13. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

Did I miss the overdose link?

Speculation abounds.

14. Crimechick27

Crimechick27 Well-Known Member

byo, Cortne and Steph8angels like this.
  15. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Whether OD or not, it seems to me that there is real heartbreak with an assumption (not a fact) that PH was in the company of one she trusted on Dec 20, and her death was concealed. She did not bury herself. My personal speculation only.

MOO

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    Tora Gahan, DEB-Z, gitana1 and 27 others like this.
  16. Momma2cam

Momma2cam Well-Known Member

No COD has been determined. Reporting it as a "death investigation" as opposed to homicide currently. Paighton has a history of addiction. No one knows yet what occurred but an OD cannot be ruled out, IMO.

gitana1, sallye818, rsd1200 and 12 others like this.
  17. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

Burying after an OD could be to protect other users, protect drug pipeline, panic, etc.

But it would’ve been a whole different story if 911 was called and an attempt to save her had been made. Her family wouldn’t have worried for the last two weeks, the resources used to find her could’ve been spent on other cases and most importantly, Paighton would’ve at least been shown a shred of human decency.

RIP, Paighton, you deserved such a different life.

18. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Nope --no cause of death. ME collected the remains early this afternoon as linked a couple of pages back.

gitana1, sassyblue, cass523 and 4 others like this.
  19. Peppery

Peppery Well-Known Member

I’d like to know if her belongings were found with her. Phone, purse, that elusive debit card, sweatshirt, keys, etc.

20. NoSI

NoSI Well-Known Member

I am not saying that Paighton overdosed... not at all... we don't know enough to suggest this... but something to keep in mind in general....

Abstaining from a substance for a period of time will lower tolerance meaning that overdose can happen with much less than the person consumed in the past. We see that all the time in the hospital... And then, of course, you never know what you really get. Just a few days had patient that thought he bought a oxy on street and it was actually fentanyl and he ended up intubated...

In any case, Paighton deserved SO MUCH better... RIP Paighton... :(

DEB-Z, Gardenkeep, gitana1 and 24 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.