Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lately they have been finding fentanyl in all sorts of drugs that it shouldn’t be in including pot and cocaine, so fentanyl is always possible.
One of the things that adds to the danger is that a person in recovery is supposed to cut ties with friends etc that use or deal drugs. If they relapse they don't have the same trusted (if there is such a thing) connections and need to use a lesser known person who may be selling drugs like you mention or dangerous in other ways.

I believe that PH was a smoker and had to go outside or to the outdoor patio of the TR bar to smoke. (Venmo paid for cigs).
OK< that's why the friend's story confuses me.

IF PH was a smoker and had to leave the bar to go smoke, why would her friend assume, when seeing her walk out the door, that she was 'leaving' with 2 men, and didn't need a ride home?

Why wouldn't she think that PH was going to smoke and would be right back?

Some of these articles say blanket some say a sheet and some say sheets lol which is it. Minute things such as these can be very telling.
It's really unusual for people getting high together to bury somebody who OD'd.

But it's very typical for somebody who kidnapped, raped, and killed someone to bury the body in a shallow grave somewhere.

Just the way my thoughts are trending...
For me I feel it strange that whatever happened they didn’t take a lot of time to cover it up. I almost feel like that is where she died. In that location where her body was found. I suppose someone could have transported her there. Is the location in town or a rural area? Does anyone know? If In town I’d go with she died there if rural I’d say she could have died anywhere but that’s just a theory.

But it's very typical for somebody who kidnapped, raped, and killed someone to bury the body in a shallow grave somewhere.

Agreed, I have known a lot of drug addicts, and have heard some crazy stories about people who OD'ed. Not ONE STORY ended with, "She OD'ed, so we decided to bury her". Not!

Jan 6, 2020

The autopsy for Paighton Houston has been completed, but authorities said they don’t yet know how the Trussville woman died.

Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death.

Houston’s body was found Friday in a shallow grave in the backyard of a home on Chapel Drive in Hueytown. The remains were wrapped in sheets and the body was intact, said Jefferson County Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynneice Washington.

[..]

Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee said the sheriff’s office has taken over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide.

Paighton Houston’s cause, manner of death still undetermined
This says sheets plural.

Jan 6, 2019

Jefferson County authorities completed the autopsy on a Trussville woman after her body was found two weeks after she disappeared.

The Jefferson County Coroner’s office said more examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death for Paighton Houston.

Investigators found her body January 3rd. It was wrapped in a blanket in a grave behind a vacant house on Chapel Drive in Hueytown.

Houston, 29, was last seen Dec. 20 leaving a Birmingham bar. Family members said that she later sent a text to a friend saying she didn’t know who she was with and felt that she was in trouble.

Cause of death not determined after Paighton Houston's autopsy
This says blanket

This says blanket

Nice catch. I’m going with “sheets” from the above post I BBM’d, moo. But who knows, could be a reporter misquoting, who knows.

FTR, the source below is AL.com which is pretty big. (Checking the other source now)

“Houston’s body was found Friday in a shallow grave in the backyard of a home on Chapel Drive in Hueytown. The remains were wrapped in sheets and the body was intact, said Jefferson County Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynneice Washington.

Source:

Wow. I wish I had time to compare and see if there are missing young women similar to her.

I may look at these this week. I'm sure LE has checked this out, but there was a situation in Eastern NC about 10 years ago highlighted on the local news with numerous missing women around the Greenville area. They put up a map of the locations of the bodies and "serial killer" just leapt off the screen. I wonder if there are any maps available for any of these cases?

“Bod
I think it’s possible that IF this is an “OD/Panic/Bury” situation, that the person(s) involved:

1) May be worried about going to prison for drugs/manslaughter, if they provided the drugs, particularly if the drugs were tainted.

2) May have warrants out/records for other crimes and may be worried about going back to jail/prison.

3) May not want other people to know about their own drug use, including LE.

Those are some of the main reasons I can think of off the top of my head.
Hence the “Body was intact” comment. JMO

I hear ya, and my thoughts were trending the same way.

However it gives me pause, reading these recent statements from the coroner and the sheriff:

"The autopsy for Paighton Houston has been completed, but authorities said they don’t yet know how the Trussville woman died."
Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death

"Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee said the sheriff’s office has taken over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide. "

So there are no obvious signs of death, like stabbing, shooting, blunt force trauma. And they are not even certain it was a homicide.

So the method of her disposal seems like she was a homicide victim, but her remains do not show violence.

Also, being wrapped in a blanket and buried---it almost seems like it was someone who knew her and cared about her that disposed of her. She wasn't tossed in a dumpster or left in a drainage ditch somewhere.

I think it might be possible that she was getting high with a friend, OD'ed and the friend did not want to be involved. Maybe it was a coworker or a family friend and they didnt want to be known as being connected to her relapse?

Thank you! What the heck? You have to pay to search court dockets in Alabama? That's crazy!
No u have to pay for court case files. The Dockets can be scrolled through by changing the date. Or u can do a name search by last name in white box next to date.

Jan 6, 2019

Jefferson County authorities completed the autopsy on a Trussville woman after her body was found two weeks after she disappeared.

The Jefferson County Coroner’s office said more examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death for Paighton Houston.

Investigators found her body January 3rd. It was wrapped in a blanket in a grave behind a vacant house on Chapel Drive in Hueytown.

Houston, 29, was last seen Dec. 20 leaving a Birmingham bar. Family members said that she later sent a text to a friend saying she didn’t know who she was with and felt that she was in trouble.

Cause of death not determined after Paighton Houston's autopsy

Ok, so imo comparing the credibility of the media sources re: “blanket vs. sheets”, the above, who says “blanket”, is ABC. Yeah, their articles are often generic, imo, etc.

I’m definitely going with AL.com on this one who says “sheets” and has a speaker associated with the quote. I think ABC may have misquoted “blanket”, Mooo.

ETA / Qmfr:
“Houston’s body was found Friday in a shallow grave in the backyard of a home on Chapel Drive in Hueytown. The remains were wrapped in sheets and the body was intact, said Jefferson County Bessemer Cutoff District Attorney Lynneice Washington.

Source:

ETA:
There is an author associated with the ABC article. Perhaps he can be notified so he can correct the mistake, if it is one, which it appears to be, moo.

Last edited:
Whatcha mean? Sorry my brain has pooped out.

No real trauma on the outside of the body. JMO
From another poster:

The autopsy for Paighton Houston has been completed, but authorities said they don’t yet know how the Trussville woman died."
Jefferson County Chief Deputy Coroner Bill Yates on Monday said further examination and testing is needed to determine the cause and manner of death

"Jefferson County sheriff’s Deputy Chief David Agee said the sheriff’s office has taken over as the lead investigative agency on the discovery of the remains. He emphasized that this is a death investigation that has not yet been deemed a homicide. "

So there are no obvious signs of death, like stabbing, shooting, blunt force trauma. And they are not even certain it was a homicide.

So the method of her disposal seems like she was a homicide victim, but her remains do not show violence.

Some of these articles say blanket some say a sheet and some say sheets lol which is it. Minute things such as these can be very telling.

For me I feel it strange that whatever happened they didn’t take a lot of time to cover it up. I almost feel like that is where she died. In that location where her body was found. I suppose someone could have transported her there. Is the location in town or a rural area? Does anyone know? If In town I’d go with she died there if rural I’d say she could have died anywhere but that’s just a theory.

My own thinking (need that cute mooing cow emoticon we used to have) is that if the person responsible for her death has a connection to the property, they probably transported her there after death, knowing it was unoccupied and possibly having made preparations ahead of time.

Or maybe the death happened inside? I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe