Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have very limited information that is mainly in the form of second hand eyewitness testimony. Let’s say PH did make it to the bar/venue depending on how you look at ones plans for the night (see a band or have a drink) you don’t have to drink to be at said establishment. She maybe knows the two guys she’s talking to from school or maybe even another workplace (this could explain why the coworker doesn’t know them) she steps outside to chat maybe leaves with them. She thinks she is being taken to her car ends up somewhere else, party etc.
What this doesn’t explain is all the time before this moment or anytime after or why they weren’t seen on surveillance cameras.
Just trying to think of another angle where she doesn’t leave with strangers but could end up with strangers later.
ALL MOO

MOO: With the current information available (which isn't a lot), this really seems like a crime of opportunity. I would not be totally surprised that even if drugs were involved, it was ancillary to what happened. IMO, somewhere during that confusing night, one or more people took advantage of the situation - whether it was someone she knew or not.

^^sbm

From the photos and video footage of the burial location on Chappel Drive, I thought there was ample evidence of partying going on in that yard. There were bins full of beer cans and cans concealed by brown wrappers -- content unknown.

I don't know what happened to Paighton but I have to believe what her siblings and close friends have said here which is that the official account does not add up for them, something is missing, and it's totally out of character for PH. And I don't think they're in denial or uninformed -- they'd already seen PH at her worst. She was at deaths door in 2018. MOO
I'm not aware that the family says the official account does not add up for them. What part did they say they don't believe?

For some reason, for the past week, I could not get on here. I finally can on my iPhone and Mac Book but still not on my iPad.

Anyway, we were on thread #2 when all that happened with the body being found and now we are on thread #4 and the body has been identified and there has been a lot of discussion about COD, MOD, possible drug overdose, burial, etc. So I am way behind. I skimmed so I may have missed stuff. Please be patient with me if I ask a question or say something had has already been covered here. Thank you in advance.

To all the clean and sober fellows here, good job, keep coming back. JMO

Now just a gol-durned minute here. This article from early days says, "Police say...surveillance video appears to show her leaving with two heavy-set men."

I thought there was nothing helpful on the video? Which is it?

Police still searching for missing woman from Trussville
That's a good catch and by a network affiliate no less. Makes me think police decided to walk back their official statements soon after that, probably so as not to hinder their investigation. It seems unlikely to me that ABC News would have gotten their facts wrong and doubly so for them not to have edited the story - easier to believe they think they're big enough to need not fall all over themselves complying with police spin.

Now just a gol-durned minute here. This article from early days says, "Police say...surveillance video appears to show her leaving with two heavy-set men."

Further evidence of crappy reporting, IMO. LE has clearly stated that there was no useful evidence in the videos they obtained from Tin Roof.

ETA: @IzzyBlanche, your turn of phrase had me giggling so hard that my German Shepherd came over to check if I was ok. Thank you for that moment of reprieve!

Last edited:

You are correct. Maybe the police identified and cleared those two men?

It almost seemed the police didn't want the public's help in tracking down those two men. Someone in an earlier post wondered if the two men were possibly bouncers or police.

[Edit: I remember the earliest reported LE statements did say that.] I think it was around 7 to 10 days into the search when they said they didn't see anyone meeting the men's description on the video.

Last edited:
Seeing these pictures makes me sad.
Saying a prayer for her family.

Paighton Houston on Instagram: “Bennett Dinner”

Thanks for reminding me about the "Bennett Dinner" posts on Dec 13. I think that Bennett refers to Bennett Int'l Group, LLC which is another transport/logistics firm in B'ham similar to PH's employer. Bennett also tweeted about the joys of seeing their employees and agents across the US celebrate Christmas. By all accounts, PH was respected at work for her strong work ethic and by no means a clock watcher. She will be missed.

We have very limited information that is mainly in the form of second hand eyewitness testimony. Let’s say PH did make it to the bar/venue depending on how you look at ones plans for the night (see a band or have a drink) you don’t have to drink to be at said establishment. She maybe knows the two guys she’s talking to from school or maybe even another workplace (this could explain why the coworker doesn’t know them) she steps outside to chat maybe leaves with them. She thinks she is being taken to her car ends up somewhere else, party etc.
What this doesn’t explain is all the time before this moment or anytime after or why they weren’t seen on surveillance cameras.
Just trying to think of another angle where she doesn’t leave with strangers but could end up with strangers later.
ALL MOO

On Saturday- 12/21, PH was reported missing to BPD by her dad and brother after receiving word from a co-worker on Saturday morning that PH left the bar Friday night with 2 men and later sent a warning text that she may be in danger and to pick up if she phoned. That was allegedly the last communication ever by PH.

Her dad went on TV hours later and stated that his daughter went to the bar with a group from work to socialize and listen to live music. Essentially, I think that's when reality reporting of PH missing came to a halt.

An adult has a right to disappear and not remain in contact but I think we can rule that out here. There was also no evidence of foul play or crime committed and for two weeks this was not treated as a criminal investigation. It's still not deemed a criminal investigation (although PH could not bury herself).

PH is dead and nothing adds up. I don't think it would have interfered with the integrity of the missing person investigation (or criminal) if the time PH arrived at the venue and whether she had planned to stay over in Birmingham Friday night (not return to Trussville/parents) were added to the incomplete timeline and made public.

Seems to me that tiny bit of minimal information could have easily been independently confirmed. If PH arrived at 8 pm and ordered Dixie Biscuits -- I think somebody would have remembered. I think it's the noncommital about anything that acknowledges PH existed on Friday night that I find so disheartening.

I want somebody to tell me she danced a full set without a break, or she had two helpings of voodoo shrimp stew Friday night. I need some evidence she was happy, angry, or sad in her last hours at the Tin Roof bar before she ended up wrapped up and stuffed in a hole in some yard.

Sorry, this just fires me up. :(:(

Prayers and comfort for her family and friends.

Last edited:
Thanks for reminding me about the "Bennett Dinner" posts on Dec 13. I think that Bennett refers to Bennett Int'l Group, LLC which is another transport/logistics firm in B'ham similar to PH's employer. Bennett also tweeted about the joys of seeing their employees and agents across the US celebrate Christmas. By all accounts, PH was respected at work for her strong work ethic and by no means a clock watcher. She will be missed.

As a follow-up to the dinner post, I just noticed P's reputation in the industry is being recognized with generous contributions from her trucking/logistic families from coast to coast.

And now a separate thought, the house where Paighton was found has Christmas lights on it. It looks run down, sure, but I wouldn't say it's immediately identifiable as being abandoned. It's also on a corner and across the street from another home, so this doesn't feel like a random site to me. You have to have some gall to bury someone here.

Body found in shallow grave in Hueytown yard identified as Paighton Houston

I thought it was work related with smiling co-workers but wasn’t sure. (Ruth’s Chris Steak House) Thank you for clarifying Bennett.
I hope the investigation brings answers to her family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288