Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Jo in Calif, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aurea

Aurea On Time Out

Everyday, you can click on al dot com and read the horror stories.

MajorHoople and momrids6 like this.

2. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

But if they have a pretty good handle on what happened then how do they not know where there suspect is?
    Or do they know where he is but Are being nice and allowing him the opportunity to turn himself in? Moo

3. DJD

DJD Active Member

The only thing I can think of is a Fitbit, it could show location and heart rate depending on how you set it up.

4. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

I’m curious is this offender has any gang ties/affiliations.

MajorHoople, cass523 and FrostedGlass like this.
  5. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Possible, but I'm not sold. Evidence isn't just the word of an informant. Evidence has to be irrefutable, and witness testimony doesn't qualify.

Hooman, gliving and Momof4RN like this.
  6. margarita25

Jumping off this, if they stated that they think he sexually assaulted and murdered Paighton, they may think he may be less likely to turn himself with murder charges pending, maybe. Of course, again, COD and tox will be vital here.

ETA: My opinion is that they do NOT know where he is.

7. Ontario Mom

Ontario Mom stay safe ♥ be kind

Jennifer?

Optics likes this.
  8. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

^^sbbm

I believe the suspect FH initially being held on suspicion of kidnapping is a very good hint that the suspect may also be charged with the murder of PH as soon as autopsy/toxicology tests confirm PH's cause of death. I think investigators will allege FH supplied an illicit substance to PH that resulted in PH's death.

Important to recognize that the legal definition of Kidnapping essentially comes down to the victim was held while she was still breathing, and is almost always coupled with murder charges as an aggravator.

In Alabama, an individual that supplies an illicit drug that results in death may be charged with murder.

MOO

ETA: Important fact is PH's body was not yet recovered when the suspect was detained and released.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
    Cshad, cass523, Momma2cam and 6 others like this.
  9. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

They had a pretty good handle on what happened. Doesn't mean they know where all the actors are at this moment. FWIW I've never heard of a nationwide manhunt for a suspect wanted for abuse of a corpse. jmo

10. Momof4RN

Momof4RN Well-Known Member

I know. Trying to give them the benefit of the doubt since there was claim they had a handle on things. And if that’s the case you don’t lose your #1 suspect.

Hooman, beth272 and momrids6 like this.
  11. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

DBM

momrids6 likes this.
  12. lindaromas

lindaromas Well-Known Member

Is he making a plea deal? BBM

13. margarita25

Thinking out loud, it seems at least a main part of the story is turning it to be true which is the existence of a black male.

Considering this has turned out to be true, then it can be logically implied that perhaps the other parts of the account may be true as well, which are:

1) She appeared to leave willingly.

2) There were TWO men.

14. inmyhumbleopinion

inmyhumbleopinion #NeverGivingUp

Agreed. But not enough to charge him until now. IMO.

Heroine, cass523, Momma2cam and 2 others like this.
  15. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I don't believe they know where he is. I believe he would have been in custody before the press conference if they did. JMO

16. MCDRAW

MCDRAW Well-Known Member

I don't believe they know where he is. I believe he would have been in custody before the press conference if they did. JMO

margarita25 likes this.
  17. The Handyman

The Handyman Well-Known Member

I mean, unless we just want to give life sentences to rape offenses, I'm not sure how much higher than 20 years we should go. This is especially a problem with rape convictions that occurred in prior decades, when the chances of a false conviction are fairly high, especially if the defendant is a black male.

sraybella, Zella and gliving like this.
  18. margarita25

A main question I have at this time is IF this is an OD, or some sort of accidental death, heart, etc, then perhaps his criminal history of what sounds like violent sexual assault is a mere coincidence. I find this very hard to believe considering what I know about see offenders, but thinking about this nonetheless. We do know that crazy coincidences can exist, but again, it’s very hard to not consider the fact he’s a violent sexual offender as a big piece of the puzzle.

Secondly, I had given some specific reasons as to why someone may panic and bury an OD victim. One of the possibilities I included was the person having a prior criminal history and being afraid of going to back to jail. Additionally, another poster mentioned that if there is a black male, the person may be very fearful about being found with a white woman’s body.

Until we get COD and Tox, a defense Attorney could have hey day with this case. I think the inability to initially file kidnapping charges is some indication of this.

19. TheExperience

TheExperience Well-Known Member

Jenny Craig Weightloss Clinic?

bwt42 and margarita25 like this.
  20. Seattle1

Seattle1 #LiveLikeLizzy

Except for police in charge of the investigation spoke to the public on 1/16/20 stating that the suspect FH was released on 12/28/19 after 48-hour hold and is currently at large!

21. stattlich1

stattlich1 Well-Known Member

Just had some time checking out the churches in the area, no particular reason. I just found it amazing how many there are right there on McClain street, and nearby.

I would surmise the local community is predominantly black.

It would not be beyond the scope of my speculation that she may have left the bar with 2 black men, yet a third that is currently wanted, and charged.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.