Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a convicted gang rapist didn't actually murder this young woman, only buried her? Not buying it.
He offered her drugs, she overdosed, and then he panicked and buried her. MOO, but it fits the facts. The text to the coworker is still a loose end, but perhaps PH sent that when already high. PH was at one point severely addicted to heroin and nearly died. A relapse would not be unexpected at all.

If anyone knows of a way to search the roster at the the Birmingham City Jail online, could you please give a heads-up? I’ve tried to find a link, but so far to no avail:

Updated 11:26 AM;Today 8:37 AM
By Carol Robinson | crobinson@al.com
“[SBM]

[Frederick] Hampton was initially held on suspicion of kidnapping in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime.

[SBM]”
Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

This is a link to search inmates in the Jefferson County jail. That is who has jurisdiction of this case.

Inmate Search

In the news conference today it was stated the suspect has family ties to the house she was buried at so that is not rumor. It was also stated that she went willingly with the suspect and they were together both on the 20th and 21st. He does not state where. Paighton had messaged her friend just after midnight on the 21st that text that said she didn't feel safe with who she was with. He also stated she died at the McClain St address. If you watch the news conference from 10:30 am you will see this has all been stated. He kept very close to the vest when asked if others would be charged. He stated that Hampton was being charged with this crime only but further charges could be pending after they speak with him. I believe there may be more involved but until they catch him we wont know. I wish they had kept a tail on him. one of the press asked if the suspect could be in Georgia and he stated he could be.

He offered her drugs, she overdosed, and then he panicked and buried her. MOO, but it fits the facts. The text to the coworker is still a loose end, but perhaps PH sent that when already high. PH was at one point severely addicted to heroin and nearly died. A relapse would not be unexpected at all.

It is definitely possible. They might have known one another previously too.

It's also possible something more nefarious went down given his prior conviction for gang rape & kidnapping. I really want to know who the two heavy set guys were... If there were two guys, was Hampton one? As I observed, he's not heavy unless he suddenly put on weight.

A group situation definitely would have been distressing. Could be a combination of stuff here. Maybe they drugged her, and she died before they did anything to otherwise physically harm her?

In the news conference today it was stated the suspect has family ties to the house she was buried at so that is not rumor. It was also stated that she went willingly with the suspect and they were together both on the 20th and 21st. He does not state where. Paighton had messaged her friend just after midnight on the 21st that text that said she didn't feel safe with who she was with. He also stated she died at the McClain St address. If you watch the news conference from 10:30 am you will see this has all been stated. He kept very close to the vest when asked if others would be charged. He stated that Hampton was being charged with this crime only but further charges could be pending after they speak with him. I believe there may be more involved but until they catch him we wont know. I wish they had kept a tail on him. one of the press asked if the suspect could be in Georgia and he stated he could be.

IIRC, when asked if she went willingly, the deputy chief replied that they were together on the 20th and 21st.

It fits what facts? Have you read about his prior conviction? He and 2 other men took a woman by gunpoint at a bus stop to a party and met up with 4 other men. All 7 gang rapped her. They then claimed she went willingly and all sexual acts were consensual.
Rape. That’s his MO. That’s what he did 20 years in jail for.
He buried her and skipped town because he knows what’s coming. IMO

I still think the two men were a red herring . I don't think she sent those texts I think there were at least 4-5 people doing whatever they were doing and I think it led to her death people panicked and the person that just got out of jail and whomever else decided to hide her and they did a crappy job ....that's what I think went down or something similar Moo-ma MOO MOO MOO

It is definitely possible. They might have known one another previously too.

It's also possible something more nefarious went down given his prior conviction for gang rape & kidnapping. I really want to know who the two heavy set guys were... If there were two guys, was Hampton one? As I observed, he's not heavy unless he suddenly put on weight.

A group situation definitely would have been distressing. Could be a combination of stuff here. Maybe they drugged her, and she died before they did anything to otherwise physically harm her?
The fact that they were together the 20th and 21st and she was with him willingly sort of starts to move us away from the idea her drink was spiked or she was in a kidnap/rape situation here, at least at first. It pushes this towards drugs, IMO. He had them, she wanted them. It doesn't seem as plausible that a young woman like PH would simply be friends and hang out with a significantly older male sex offender at a bar unless he had some hold over her. Just saying...

It fits what facts? Have you read about his prior conviction? He and 2 other men took a woman by gunpoint at a bus stop to a party and met up with 4 other men. All 7 gang rapped her. They then claimed she went willingly and all sexual acts were consensual.

Interesting he worked with two other men in the original crime...

Wonder who, and where they are now? And yes, I'm aware they're likely considered off limits. I'm just thinking.

By all the accounts we have, she walked out the door with these guys and spent two days with at least the one, all of her own choice. Rape is certainly a possibility along the line, but she was with these men willingly unless the evidence and statements from LE are misleading. Why would she be hanging out with convicted sex offenders much older than her, to the point she ditched her friend to be with them?

By all the accounts we have, she walked out the door with these guys and spent two days with at least the one, all of her own choice. Rape is certainly a possibility along the line, but she was with these men willingly unless the evidence and statements from LE are misleading. Why would she be hanging out with convicted sex offenders much older than her, to the point she ditched her friend to be with them?
Are we sure she really ditched her friend ....no witnesses to ditching her friend ,just what said friend stated.

Are we sure she really ditched her friend ....no witnesses to ditching her friend ,just what said friend stated.
It's possible there is some connection between the coworker/friend and these guys. I am just looking for the simplest, most obvious conclusion here, and and unfortunate relapse by a former drug addict (who was in really deep with heroin and almost died) seems like the best fit at this time, MOO. It's certainly possible she was raped too, although the police aren't saying that yet even though the autopsy is complete, which is telling.

Hampton was initially held in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension on suspicion of kidnapping beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime.

Agee said investigators have determined Houston was with Hampton on Dec. 20, 2019 and Dec. 21, 2019. She died on Dec. 21 at a house on McClain Street in Brighton, he said. Asked if Houston was with Hampton willingly and voluntarily, Agee said, “We are saying they were together. There is no evidence there was any force.”
Paighton Houston update: Man charged with abuse of corpse, no physical trauma led to death

It’s all in how u want to interpret what LE said. They initially arrested him for kidnapping. But didn’t have the evidence to support that and hold him. They still don’t have the evidence. Doesn’t mean they don’t believe that’s what happened or that the evidence won’t still be uncovered and that charge added.
What it means is that just like in FH’s rape case someone(s) is saying she went willingly. No evidence has come to light to disprove that yet. IMO

The fact that they were together the 20th and 21st and she was with him willingly sort of starts to move us away from the idea her drink was spiked or she was in a kidnap/rape situation here, at least at first. It pushes this towards drugs, IMO. He had them, she wanted them. It doesn't seem as plausible that a young woman like PH would simply be friends and hang out with a significantly older male sex offender at a bar unless he had some hold over her. Just saying...

I wasn't thinking friends, at least not in the traditional sense like her hanging out with peers. I was wondering if perhaps they had crossed paths at programs for those struggling with addiction, etc. She comes from a nice family, but she's had a rough time. I would think she probably has a lot of acquaintances that would seem shocking, or hard to understand. She might trust another addict, if that makes sense?

I wasn't thinking so much a spiked drink as much as she thought he and/or the mysterious 2 heavy set guys were were cool, maybe they did some drugs, and then she realized the guys had other bad intentions, but it was too late.

So, I'm thinking the guys saw Peighton as a party girl they could get high and use. She wouldn't be able to pin anything on them because of her past, but she died.

Hampton was initially held in the Birmingham City Jail on a 48-hour extension on suspicion of kidnapping beginning Saturday, Dec. 28, but was released two days later because investigators did not have enough to charge him with any crime.

Agee said investigators have determined Houston was with Hampton on Dec. 20, 2019 and Dec. 21, 2019. She died on Dec. 21 at a house on McClain Street in Brighton, he said. Asked if Houston was with Hampton willingly and voluntarily, Agee said, “We are saying they were together. There is no evidence there was any force.”

It’s all in how u want to interpret what LE said. They initially arrested him for kidnapping. But didn’t have the evidence to support that and hold him. They still don’t have the evidence. Doesn’t mean they don’t believe that’s what happened or that the evidence won’t still be uncovered and that charge added.
What it means is that just like in FH’s rape case someone(s) is saying she went willingly. No evidence has come to light to disprove that yet. IMO
But we do have a text from PH where she says she is a little worried but doesn't indicate she needs the police to be contacted or that she is in immediate danger. Again, this all points to PH hanging with some low-lifes to try to score some drugs and it spiraling out of control, IMO. I don't think she was drugged by this guy to leave the bar. She left willingly, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998