Found Deceased AL - Paighton Houston, 29, left bar with 2 men, Birmingham, 20 Dec 2019

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by Jo in Calif, Dec 22, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeachyMystery

PeachyMystery Well-Known Member

Yes, it seems her family is quite adamant that she would never completely go off the grid/become non-responsive, no matter what-IF she was in control of the situation. MOO.

DEB-Z, turanna25, watcher9 and 7 others like this.

2. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

Article describes her tattoos:

Houston has tattoos on both of her arms. On her left arm, she has the word “strength” with the “g” replaced with a semi-colon (stren;th) and an arrow underneath it. On her right arm, near the wrist, Houston has a tattoo with the word “faith,” a friend says.

Paighton Houston Missing: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

HayLouise, Momof4RN, DEB-Z and 10 others like this.
  3. EllaMae

EllaMae Well-Known Member

The text message is so frightening.....especially in conjunction with her silence since the message was sent.

I feel terrible for her family and friends.

Tora Gahan, Kaykedi, abams and 20 others like this.
  4. Beth11311

Beth11311 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately we all have a good idea of how most of these cases end...her poor family must be worried sick.

I think when it comes to not leaving with strangers etc, we all think “it won’t happen to me”, which is (sometimes) fatal, flawed thinking.

I know I made lots of poor choices in my early 20’s and am grateful to have survived.

d4j, Kaykedi, abams and 32 others like this.
  5. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

I'm not as pessimistic as most. We usually only hear about the missing cases that end badly.

6. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

I'm still trying to understand why someone would text that they may be in trouble?

Pinktruth, Momof4RN and PrivateEye006 like this.
  7. kelsie

kelsie Well-Known Member

She may have left to do something like smoke weed with the guys (MOO), which is a super common reason for young adults to leave bars with people they don't know. I wish Paighton had an app such as Noonlight, that would've been spectacularly useful in this situation, but she didn't know what to do and didn't feel like the situation was bad enough to call the cops at that time so she let a trusted friend know she didn't feel safe. I wish she would've had the wherewithal to share her current GPS location with that friend as well. I hope she is found quickly. We're almost at 4 days in with no news, and I'm scared for her.

Kaykedi, DEB-Z, songbrd and 21 others like this.
  8. bwt42

bwt42 Former Member

How did she get to the bar. There has been no mention of a car or whether she went by herself or with friends.

Wolfmack9, Pinktruth, DEB-Z and 14 others like this.
  9. MsArk

MsArk Well-Known Member

BBM- I also made many poor choices in my 20’s and that was 3 decades ago! Looking back, it is a wonder I am still here. So many prayers for Paighton and her family. I just don’t think she would willingly disappear herself at this time of the year. MOO

libraryg, Kaykedi, katydid23 and 31 others like this.
  10. azure

azure Well-Known Member

I'm around her age and my read is: she was probably a bit tipsy and left the bar with some people who seemed nice. Later she started to feel uncomfortable but not so uncomfortable she needed to call 911. She texted her friend to say, hey, I don't know the people I'm with and I'm starting to feel uncomfortable with them, so if I call you for help please pick up.

As a woman, there's nothing unusual about her text, except that she disappeared after she sent it.

11. insearchoflight

insearchoflight Well-Known Member

She felt unsafe for some reason? In trouble like may relapse? Felt the situation was getting out of control? Felt intoxicated to the point of losing control?

Whatever the reason, can’t be good IMO.

bluenoser, DEB-Z, happyday and 5 others like this.
  12. realanastasia

realanastasia Well-Known Member

13. Tealgrove

Tealgrove Gannon is my hero!

There's nothing good about this scenario. A young woman is missing and it is reported that she left a bar with 2 men. Now she's missing after sending a somewhat cryptic text. Quite frankly, I have nothing positive to think about this at all.

Bad decision; questionable decision? It doesn't really matter. She needs to be found because she's in trouble.

I'd like to know if she was with friends or at the bar alone. CCTV?, Video Surveillance? Where is she?

Hoping for a positive outcome but very concerned.

MOO

14. Beth11311

As opposed to what? Not texting, calling the cops..?

15. Beth11311

Amen.

16. Razz

Razz Well-Known Member

Maybe they were doing drugs and she overdosed. They got scared and left her. If that's the case, I hope they will contact police.

17. mzufall

mzufall Well-Known Member

Maybe she had to sneak a quick text because she was unable to make a phone call because of who was around?

18. mzufall

mzufall Well-Known Member

DBM
    Duplicate Post

19. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

Yes of course. You are both right.

DEB-Z and Beth11311 like this.
  20. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

I hope LE is/was able to find footage that shows what happened after the three of them left the Tin Roof. Did they walk somewhere? Got into a car? Which direction did they go? I hope they left in a car and LE is able to make out a number. But if they were seen getting into a car wouldn't they have released a description by now and asked the public to report any sightings of it?

Whatever angle I look at it, it doesn't look hopeful. Very worried!

bluenoser, Kaykedi, DEB-Z and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.