AL - Randon Lee, 18, Tik Tok Star's Son Murdered at Gas Station, Prichard, 24 June 2022

amandabanana

Reaction score
Police in Alabama are investigating a Friday night shooting that left the son of a TikTok star dead.

The shooting happened around 7:45 p.m. in Prichard, just a few miles northwest of Mobile. Prichard Police said the homicide remains under investigation.

Randon Lee’s family have identified him as the victim of the shooting. He is the son of a popular local TikTok star, @shoelover99, who is known as Mama Tot. Her real name is Ophelia Nichols.

Nichols spoke with Nexstar’s WKRG about the shooting. She said her son was shot at a gas station before driving down the street to a different gas station, where he was later found dead.

Nichols took to her social media page Saturday to beg for someone to come forward with information about her son’s death.

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Heartbroken for mamatot. She has brought me such love and grace through her tiktok. She is everybody's mama in the best possible ways. I came to the site this morning to make sure tatertot's case was listed and add it if not. Somebody knows something. #JusticeforRandonLee

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Randon Lee was shot at the Exxon on St. Stephens Road. He then drove across the street near the Energizer gas station where he died from his injuries.

It is unclear what led to the shooting, but Nichols says investigators tell her that they are following leads.
[snip]
“People talk. People talk, so I wanted that video to be seen because if the person who did this to my son could see what he did to our family. He took my son from me. My son,” Nichols said.
[snip]
Authorities say the investigation is ongoing. Anyone with information can contact the Prichard Police Department at 251-452-7800 or the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office at 251-574-8633.
TikTok star in Alabama grieving after son killed night before his birthday

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
You can watch her heartfelt plea here. She later added a comment to her video, saying, “We have a lead on 2 individuals.”

Police have not yet released additional details.
TikTok star’s son killed in Alabama shooting, family confirms

MOBILE, Ala. (WALA) - Prichard Police confirmed to FOX10 News that investigators are following new leads in the killing of a local TikTok star’s son.
[snip]
On Sunday, investigators said they are making progress in the case, but were not ready to reveal the new details.
Police following new leads on potential suspects in killing of TikTok star’s son

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
It happened at a gas station on St. Stephens Road. Eighteen-year-old Randon Lee was shot at the Exxon before driving across the street near the Energizer gas station — where he died from his injuries.

It’s still unclear what led to the shooting, but Ophelia says investigators tell her they’re following up on leads.

“It’s hard because you’re putting all of your faith hope and trust into these people and the police department and you have to sit back and hope and pray that they do what needs to be done — so that the person or people who did this to my baby child gets behind bars. You have no choice but to sit here and wait,” said Ophelia.
Alabama mom and TikTok influencer pleading for answers in son’s murder - KTVZ

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
I'm not really surprised at no presser yet. Even though his mom is tiktok famous, this is still a relatively new crime. I mean those investigating it have only had it a little bit more than 48 hours. So I am hopeful they do indeed have some good leads and are not needing help from the public.

Although I surely don't blame ON for asking her public to share the story and to help prompt anyone with info to speak. If I had that kind of platform I would do the same.

realanastasia

Reaction score

Jemma

Reaction score
Be that as it may, the penalty for selling drugs shouldn't be murder! I'm shocked that the entire update (at your link) seems to just be this announcement, and hope it doesn't reflect Pritchard PD just throwing its hands up and saying, "Oh, well, that's just what happens when you dabble in drugs."
prichard is over run by crime and drugs. Watch the press
conference. it was enlightening.

tiffkinsadder

Reaction score
Her tiktok broke my heart. Her latest video she says they (she) has a good idea on who but for obvious reasons isn’t going to say. She also speaks about why he was in that particular area. She speaks some about Randy’s past but this past year he had been thriving, successful etc. I’ve been a follower of hers since 2020. #tatertot

Reactions: nao

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Her tiktok broke my heart. Her latest video she says they (she) has a good idea on who but for obvious reasons isn’t going to say. She also speaks about why he was in that particular area. She speaks some about Randy’s past but this past year he had been thriving, successful etc. I’ve been a follower of hers since 2020. #tatertot
follower of hers for a couple of years as well. My heart hurts for the tot family. I have a son who just turned 18. He has struggled staying on the right path the past few years. Right now he has been doing well and focused on what he should be but the fear is always there that maybe we aren't seeing everything we need to, maybe we are missing stuff. But with him being an adult now it is hard to know what is going on in his life. Scary. as a parent.

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
So it sounds as if this was a set up/ambush. The two unidentified perps met with him on the premise they wanted to buy pot and instead intended to rob him - of the pot and whatever money he had on him.

So sad. So young and to have such a careless decision be the reason he died. His family forever to live without seeing who he might have become as a man.

Teche

Reaction score
follower of hers for a couple of years as well. My heart hurts for the tot family. I have a son who just turned 18. He has struggled staying on the right path the past few years. Right now he has been doing well and focused on what he should be but the fear is always there that maybe we aren't seeing everything we need to, maybe we are missing stuff. But with him being an adult now it is hard to know what is going on in his life. Scary. as a parent.
Hugs!

cvaldez1975

Reaction score
same, your whole post same. one of mine is a little different.

tlcya

Old and Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
In a follow-up video, she said, "Through this process we've found out a lot of stuff ... a lot of stuff we just didn't know. When your children live out on their own and pay their own bills and they have a good job ... it just don't cross your mind that they would be doing anything to get themselves into trouble."

"We've been told that the detectives think that marijuana was being [dealt]. My son was meeting there, and either they tried to rob him or they did rob him, but he was shot," said Nichols.

She added that her son struggled with depression and "had a lot of trouble" after his father died; however, many of their loved ones thought he was back on track because he was "doing so good" within the last year.
Son of TikTok Star 'Mama Tot' Was Selling Marijuana Before He Was Fatally Shot: Police