AL - Randon Lee, 18, Tik Tok Star's Son Murdered at Gas Station, Prichard, 24 June 2022

Two suspects in the slaying have been identified by police, but no arrests have yet been made.

They added that Lee had met the suspects at the gas station to sell them drugs.
[snip]
“We’ve been told that the detectives think that marijuana was being [dealt]. My son was meeting there, and either they tried to rob him or they did rob him, but he was shot.”
Ophelia Nichols’ son was dealing marijuana when shot dead, cops say

It is simply MOO that this case is not solved until arrests for homicide. regardless of what took the victim to that gas station. JMO

Victims are not required to be perfect in order to be victims of a crime. We see imperfect victims on this board every day.

“Please don’t think badly of my son for the circumstances of how he was taken,” she said. “We are not ashamed of him, and never will be. When I was 18, I made poor choices myself.”

She also referenced the person who had taken her son’s life.

“I think of the person who did this to my son, and have empathy for his family once they find out — although others may not think I should. But now there will be two families that are hurt and broken. It won’t just be mine,” she wrote. “This person will be held accountable, I believe that, so I will hold my faith close & my family in times of despair. It’s all we have.”
Slain Teenage Son Of TikTok Star ‘Mama Tot’ Was Selling Pot When Killed, Police Say | Oxygen Official Site

“Please don’t think badly of my son for the circumstances of how he was taken,” she said. “We are not ashamed of him, and never will be. When I was 18, I made poor choices myself.”

She also referenced the person who had taken her son’s life.

“I think of the person who did this to my son, and have empathy for his family once they find out — although others may not think I should. But now there will be two families that are hurt and broken. It won’t just be mine,” she wrote. “This person will be held accountable, I believe that, so I will hold my faith close & my family in times of despair. It’s all we have.”
Slain Teenage Son Of TikTok Star ‘Mama Tot’ Was Selling Pot When Killed, Police Say | Oxygen Official Site
Mom is so raw and honest. This could be anyone of us dealing with the heartfelt pain.

The murder of 18-year-old Randon Lee was caught on camera.

FOX10 News obtained the video that shows the alleged gunman seconds before and seconds after the deadly shooting on Friday, June 24.

Although Prichard Police said they have persons of interest in the case, no one has been arrested.

The video clearly shows the alleged killer and the car he was in. Prichard Police asked FOX10 News to not air the footage. But we have decided to show it since the case remains unsolved.

UPDATE: A man has turned himself in for murdering Randon. #JusticeForRandon

UPDATE: Reuben Gulley (20) surrendered himself to Mobile County Metro Jail on a murder charge Thursday (8/18) afternoon.

Popular tiktoker Ophelia Nichols’ son was murdered. No arrests have been made.

Her tiktok about his death: https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR1DJxnD/?k=1

Ophelia said her son, Randon Lee, was murdered the day before his 19th birthday.

The only murder in the Mobile area on Friday was reported at a gas station on St. Stephens Road at I-65 in Prichard around 8 p.m. Investigators have not released the name of the victim, but they said that it was an 18-year-old male who was killed the night before his birthday.

No arrests have been made in the case.

Surveillance video shows man with gun getting out of car after Randon Lee was shot in Prichard

Published: Jul. 14, 2022 at 9:49 PM CDT
FOX10 News obtained the video that shows the alleged gunman seconds before and seconds after the deadly shooting on Friday, June 24.

The video clearly shows the alleged killer and the car he was in. Prichard Police asked FOX10 News to not air the footage. But we have decided to show it since the case remains unsolved.

---------------------------------------------------------
20-year-old Reuben Gulley, from Saraland, surrendered himself to Mobile County Metro Jail on a murder charge Thursday afternoon.

According to jail records, the murder warrant was issued on August 4. Gulley has been wanted in this case for a couple of weeks.
Arrest made in killing of local TikTok star’s son

MOO thanks to Fox10 for releasing the video - it's what prompted the accused to turn himself in.

ETA justice is coming Ophelia. #mamatot

"When I seen that mugshot last night, I thought to myself, 'My goodness, he's just a baby,' " she added.

She said she saw comments from Gulley's former teachers who described him as "a lovely young man."

"I bet he was," Nichols said of Gulley. "That just made me think, within 11 seconds, he made the decision to just throw his life away."

The "one thing" her son and Gulley share, Nichols said, is that they "both have a mother that would do absolutely anything for them. I'm sure they had that in common."

"So remember this, there's now two families that are hurting, there's two of us. And those parents shouldn't suffer for something that their child did, just as well as I shouldn't suffer for anything that my children have done," Nichols said.
TikTok Star Speaks Out After Her Son's Alleged Killer Is Arrested: 'Grateful, But Not Happy'

She recalled hearing negative comments made about her son from others in her town after his death and said she prays Gulley's mother doesn't have to experience the same thing.

"I don't wish that on anybody. That was really hard for me. Neither one of our children should've been there that night. Neither one of them," she said.

After a brief pause, Nichols said that while it's difficult to think about what could have been, "I know it's going to be a long road to justice. I hope it's done right, as it should."

She reminded her supporters, "There are two families hurt, not just me. There's also a lot of other families in that town that never got justice that should."

@tlcya thank you for keeping us updated. I don't use TikTok but do want to keep up with this family. She is exemplifying such grace.

I am in awe of her grace and compassion. I cannot fathom the loss and grief she is experiencing, and yet she continues to show empathy to those allegedly responsible for her trauma. Her perspective is truly inspirational.
I hope everyone can find healing in this situation. So sad all around.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back