Found Deceased AL - Ryan Clayton, 25, car found burned, Fairfield, Jefferson Co., 14 May 2020 *homocide*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by GuyfromCanada, May 15, 2020.

1. GuyfromCanada

GuyfromCanada Well-Known Member

FAIRFIELD, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Police Department is leading a missing person investigation for 25-year-old Ryan Clanton.

Clanton was last seen Thursday, May 14, with two unidentified black males in the Ensley/Fairfield area around 8 p.m. He was reported missing by his mom, Yolanda Clanton, early Friday morning. Police also say his vehicle was found burned in Fairfield.

[​IMG]

More at Young man missing, car was found burning in Fairfield

2. GuyfromCanada

His mother said this is not like him to not get in touch with his family. “Married last October. Just in the process he was looking for a house with his wife. He was real excited about the future,” Yolanda Clayton said.

Ryan’s mother said her son was last seen with two men on Warrior Road near King’s Market in Ensley around six o’clock, a few miles from where the car was found. His mother and wife are searching for him in this area, asking people if they have seen him Friday afternoon.

Video at link.

Family and Birmingham PD search for missing 25-year-old man

kelsie, Luckyzmom and mlhenn like this.
  3. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Oh how terrible! I hope this young man is safely found soon! Prayers for him, his mother, and the rest of his loved ones.

Luckyzmom and GuyfromCanada like this.
  4. EllaMae

EllaMae Well-Known Member

This does not sound good.....

GuyfromCanada, MerBeach and Luckyzmom like this.
  5. GraceG

GraceG Well-Known Member

Cars are normally burned to destroy evidence. This just doesn't sound good. Praying for this young husband.

Luckyzmom, asmi106082 and mlhenn like this.
  6. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

brooks, GuyfromCanada and Linskid like this.
  7. ADKGemini

ADKGemini Well-Known Member

’We just want to find him’: Search underway for missing Birmingham man whose car was found burning

He was last seen leaving his home with two men, according to his neighbors. Yolanda said they’ve spoken to one of those men who said he last saw Ryan about 7 p.m. in the area of Warrior Road in Ensley.

Yolanda said her son’s phone is showing it has 100 percent battery but is turned off. Some information the family has been told is not matching up with other information they’ve received, she said.

8. GuyfromCanada

ADKGemini, kelsie, mlhenn and 3 others like this.
  9. Tattarattat

Tattarattat Well-Known Member

Oh, Ryan. I’m so sad. Heavy heart for his mother, wife, and rest of family and friends. Hoping justice is found swiftly.

ADKGemini, kelsie, brooks and 2 others like this.
  10. killarney rose

killarney rose Well-Known Member

11. Seratonin

Seratonin Well-Known Member

❤️

kelsie and GuyfromCanada like this.
  12. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

Oh, I don’t know how much more of this type news I can take. I am just now able to check in since this morning and this is I believe #4 or 5 “Found Deceased” alerts I’ve opened. Heartbreaking to say the least.

13. mlhenn

mlhenn Well-Known Member

‘I don’t have words’: Mother of missing young man found dead speaks

Ryan Clayton was found Sunday afternoon in the 2800 block of 29th Street SW. A cause of death has not been released.

“There’s no way to describe the pain that you feel,” Yolanda Clayton said

Yolanda Clayton described her son as shy about his intelligence and a gifted student in school. She said her son had too big of a heart.

“He would help people, even when they were not necessarily desirable people,” his mother said.

At this time, there are no suspects in custody. The Clayton family is finalizing funeral arrangements for Ryan Clayton. If you any information that can lead to arrest in this investigation, call CrimeStoppers at (205) 254-7777.