AL AL - Shanna McKee Peoples, 19, mentally challenged, Geneva, 8 Sept 2011

Yes it was normal for her to be out walking..They are searching around the rivers there..They are a couple of miles from her house!!

Congrats on your recovery nurselady. Do you have a guess on how many people live in that town? Has LE checked on sexual predators in the area? I look at how many people still give a darn what Casey Anthony is doing and don't spend one minute on the ones still missing. It's just so dawn frustrating.

Nurselady, great news about your recovery. What an ordeal though. And thank you for information about Shanna.

What is the traffic like on the road she disappeared from? Is it business or residential? Well traveled by anyone or local residents only?

Congrats on your recovery nurselady. Do you have a guess on how many people live in that town? Has LE checked on sexual predators in the area? I look at how many people still give a darn what Casey Anthony is doing and don't spend one minute on the ones still missing. It's just so dawn frustrating.

Thanks so much..I am sure they have checked on sexual predators..The town size is around 6000..It is in a very compact area,and everyone knows each other..

Nurselady, great news about your recovery. What an ordeal though. And thank you for information about Shanna.

What is the traffic like on the road she disappeared from? Is it business or residential? Well traveled by anyone or local residents only?

It is a residential area,very well traveled,cuts thru the center of town,but traveled mostly by residents!!

Ohh I forgot about RSO's...there are 65 in Geneva County, 13 in the city of Geneva
http://dps.alabama.gov/Community/wfSexOffenderSearch.aspx
4 within a couple of streets of family home (wasn't it on Campbell?)
and there is one within a block...last victim 14 yr old girl
ohhhhhh hope they Check these RSO's out with fine tooth comb

Yes she lived on Campbell st...Any one of these offenders would be near there,plus it would be a main street the locals would use!!

Are the houses withing viewing distance of each other? Is there anyway that you have a way of talking with the neighbors near those RSO, I just think LE may forget to check up on one and that's all you need.

Are the houses withing viewing distance of each other? Is there anyway that you have a way of talking with the neighbors near those RSO, I just think LE may forget to check up on one and that's all you need.
Everyone there knows,and watches the sex offenders..They were the first ones checked..One of the neighbors say people would stop in cars and talk to her,that is not uncommon.They have given polygraphs,but do not know to whom it was given..Everyone is afraid someone gained her trust and,she got in a car with them!!

All the houses on that street are very close to each other..Cannot not believe someone did not see something!!

There are two rivers in Geneva,AL: the Choctawhatchee River and the Pea River. Geneva, AL is near the Florida border and close to I-10.

Nurse, sorry you had to go through something so difficult. I'm glad though that you are doing better! Will be praying for you.

And I'm praying for Shanna tonight. I hope she is found soon! :praying:

Some one asked about her mental state..When I was up there last week,the cashier at the grocery store,said she came in there every day,she was very sweet,said she was 19,but had the mentality of a 14 year old..She was very worried about her being too trusting !!

Hi Nurse ! Thanks for the updates and info on Shanna. I am glad there is a local that can help because there is very little news updates !

I had asked about Shanna's "challenges" because I had some ?s from reading the Missing Poster. Shanna looks so happy in the photo on the Poster ! It also said that she was vulnerable.

She was walking from her friends house,back to her house..The distance would be less than a block..I believe this happened mid day !!The friend was the last person to see her..No she did not have a job..She did have a cell phone,but an older one..Cannot say for sure if she had it with her!!

Wow, less than a block ... Did Shanna visit her friend "regularly" -- like was there a "pattern" and maybe someone was watching her "routines" ?

Nurse, Thanks again for the updates and info ... and I am happy to hear that you are feeling better !

Prayers for Shanna and that she is found soon !

Sounds very much like someone came along and enticed her into the car then took her for a ride. Could have been someone who knew her mental problems and took advantage of her. How sad, I hope she is found, she IS a lovely girl!

Hi Nurse ! Thanks for the updates and info on Shanna. I am glad there is a local that can help because there is very little news updates !

I had asked about Shanna's "challenges" because I had some ?s from reading the Missing Poster. Shanna looks so happy in the photo on the Poster ! It also said that she was vulnerable.

Wow, less than a block ... Did Shanna visit her friend "regularly" -- like was there a "pattern" and maybe someone was watching her "routines" ?

Nurse, Thanks again for the updates and info ... and I am happy to hear that you are feeling better !

Prayers for Shanna and that she is found soon !
Yes she did visit frequently...that is what everyone is worried about!!

Watch today's News 4 at Five.
Back to Alabama News
Save Email Print
Bookmark and Share
Posted: 4:34 PM Oct 8, 2011
Geneva Teen Still Missing
It was certainly an emotional day as family and friends gathered at the first Baptist church in Geneva to continue the search for their missing daughter.
Reporter: Giselle Phillip
Email Address: giselle@wtvy.com
Geneva Teen Still Missing

Story
2 Comments

Font Size:

It was certainly an emotional day as family and friends gathered at the first Baptist church in Geneva to continue the search for their missing daughter.

Volunteers searched through a forested area near pea river in Geneva hoping to find clues that would lead to Shanna people's where abouts. Despite past efforts law enforcement has made there has been no sign of the teen. Her father Elvis McKee reached out to the Klaaskids foundation to help organize a community search.

"you know the response here has been tremendous, law enforcement has done a tremendous job in this case and local search teams, but the community coming together has been wonderful," said director of search operations for the Klaaskids foundation, Brad Dennis.

About twelve different teams are searching the area today using resources like K-9's, Atvs and grid searching.

"Pink ribbons like the one behind me signify areas that search and rescue crew members have already searched."

The Alabama bureau of investigation will also be using a helicopter later in the day to do an aerial search. Volunteer, Susan bell, came out to support the family. She knows all too well the heartbreak of looking for a missing child. Her daughter went missing ten years ago and was never found.

"i just want to be here for support and help them in any way that i can. You know after going through this for this many years it's just, you just want to be there for somebody else,” said volunteer, Susan bell.

Shanna People's was last seen walking near her home on North Morris Street in Geneva. Her boyfriend, Wendell Hudspeth was the last to see her.
He describes her as a compassionate person.

"I want her home safe she's been real good to me in my life and she changed my world...and uh...she's an

Search crews have found many miscellaneous items throughout their search and are working with law enforcement to determine whether it is relevant to this case or not.

Was waiting for msm to mention her boyfriend..There is so many rumors that we cannot post..Her boyfriend is reported to be in his 40's.. they are not even sure what she was wearing..

Was waiting for msm to mention her boyfriend..There is so many rumors that we cannot post..Her boyfriend is reported to be in his 40's.. they are not even sure what she was wearing..

Oh boy, here we go. Do we know that she ever left his house? Is LE looking at him?

40's?? thud. hmm,there is someone with that last name on her FB...but they don't appear to be in their 40's
gosh I hope that is a mistake, and that 'boyfriend' is clear

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back