AL AL - Shannon Paulk, 11, Prattville, 16 August 2001

Discussion in 'Cold Cases' started by Doyle, Oct 13, 2003.

1. Doyle

Doyle New Member

2. Loading...

3. Doyle

Doyle New Member

4. stormonster

stormonster New Member

Just a brief update .... Link below
    http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/NEWSV5/storyV5shannon16w.htm

We re-hashed the again when Heaven Lashae Ross went missing from a trailer park 90 miles from this little girl near the same interstate in Northport (?) Alabama.

Neither case has been solved and I just keep wondering about these little girls.

5. Mom who cares

Mom who cares Cheesehead from the Dairy State

Me too, and another, Tabitha Tuders. Kind of a similar situation. :waitasec:

6. englishleigh

englishleigh Authentic Southern Belle

Shannon was a beautiful little girl. You know there was some speculation that when the killer of Carlie Brucia was arrested, that he might have been the man who killed Shannon...he was similar to the sketch of the man that was seen talking to Shannon the day she vanished...but I think they ruled that out. My own daughter is now almost 11 and we live about 75 miles from where Shannon lived. Very scary. I pray there is justice soon in this case!!

7. LinetteH

LinetteH Loving life in Colorado

These stories were on FoxNews tonight. All they really said about them is they were suspected to be the work of an anniversary killer. They had a sketch of the guy with the mole under his right eye on the television also. I was living overseas when these abductions/murders happened so had not heard of them before.

8. dannyodie

dannyodie New Member

9. mrallison

mrallison New Member

After weeks of searching, Det. Robert Furlong of the Prattville, Ala. police department still had no new leads. Then, two months later, Det. Furlong got the call he had been dreading. Shannon's body had been found in the woods, discovered by rabbit hunters.

More info at link:

http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=40267

10. Mish

Mish New Member

FYI: If this case is housed on another thread, please forward to its correct location and accept my sincerest apologies for any mix-up.

CASE INFO:

On 16 August of 2001, Shannon Paulk was seen speaking to an unknown man in his late 30's to mid 40's (with a distinctive mole under his eye). The two girls who noticed this 'interaction', approached Shannon and spoke to her; Shannon didn't introduce the stranger to her friends, causing them to feel she didn't know the man well, if at all.

She was never seen again (alive) until the tragic news was announced that her body was found by hunters in a local wooded area. She was 11 years old, with her whole life ahead... Someone killed her and that person is still out roaming, hunting, ... looking for its next victim to prey upon.

CASE CONNECTIONS:

Of further interest, another 11 yr old girl named Heaven LaShae Ross from Northport Alabama disappeared on 19 August of 2003. Police found a body in an abandoned home and I believe the news reports concluded the body was that of Heaven LaShae Ross.

And ANOTHER 11 yr old girl, Teresa Dean disappeared on 15 August of 1999, this time in a suburb outside Macon, Georgia. (not Alabama this time)

Police involved in these three cases state that ALL 3 incidents have the following in common:

* 11 yrs old
    * lived in trailer parks
    * youngest daughter in respective families
    * outgoing and social, "never met a stranger.."
    * lived in suburbs outside larger cities (Montgomery, Birmingham, Atlanta)
    * wilderness refuges nearby
    * active construction sites nearby
    * And probably the most puzzling and alarming similarity...
    ALL 3 GIRLS DISAPPEARED WITHIN DAYS OF EACH OTHER, EXACTLY 2
    YEARS APART!!

OTHER INFO:

An actress that portrays a member of a criminal investigation team on TV put forth a large financial reward for information leading to the arrest of Shannon's killer (and another case in Michigan), via "America's Most Wanted". It seems this actress has ties to Prattville, Alabama and it appears to explain the financial involvement.

More information found at- www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=40267

It is my hope and prayer that these families might one day find justice for their little girls and closure for their hearts.

If anyone can solve these mysteries and bring the heartfelt fire of concern to these cold cases, it's the members of "Websleuths Crime Community" !!

Together in His service,
    Mish:)

11. Kat

Kat Kind words do not cost much

From link:

Shannon's murderer hasn't been found to date.

12. LMax

LMax New Member

http://www.wsfa.com/global/story.asp?s=12999966
    PRATTVILLE, AL (WSFA) - It's been nine years since little Shannon Paulk was kidnapped from her Prattville area mobile home park. There are still no answers that can lead investigators to the person who left her body in a wooded area not far from her home.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Police released a rough sketch of a man seen with Shannon the day she disappeared. He was about 6 feet tall with a stocky build and extremely hairy, muscular arms. He had yellow, crooked teeth and a hump on the bridge of his nose (as if it had been broken).

13. LMax

LMax New Member

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/333648/3/Columbia-IL-police-release-sketch-of-abduction-suspect
    Columbia, Illinois police have released a composite sketch and updated description of a man they say tried to abduct a young boy.
    He has brown hair cut in a short military style haircut and a "light" goatee. He also has a mole near his left nostril. (The mole reminded me of this guy, but I see the age is off and must prefer boys. Also, mole appears to be on opposite side. But, it is mid August like the three girls. Shannon, Heaven Ross and Teresa Dean.)

14. LMax

LMax New Member

15. Lizabutt

Lizabutt New Member

16. Kell1

Kell1 Verified law enforcement

Does it list a cause of death anywhere ?

17. Mish

Mish New Member

Everyone here in Prattville STILL remembers and we want justice for Shannon (and her family!)!

Praying the Cold Case Unit will find something everyone else missed!

18. TedMac

TedMac Well-Known Member

19. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ect-shannon-paulk-case-not-credible/97946466/
    Feb. 15, 2017 | Updated 3 hours ago
    [​IMG]

20. dotr

dotr Well-Known Member

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com...ect-shannon-paulk-case-not-credible/97946466/
    rbbm.

21. Mish

Mish New Member

Still hoping and praying this case will someday be solved, providing Shannon's family some small measure of peace and closure. :sigh: :crossfingers: :prayer: :hug:

??:yesss:?? << one day...