AL - Stevette Chapman for feeding infant meth, ecstasy, Jacksonville, 2008

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by White Rain, Feb 5, 2008.

1. White Rain

White Rain New Member

ANNISTON, Ala. -- Authorities say a 21-year-old Anniston woman was charged with giving her boyfriend's 10-week-old baby crystal methamphetamine and ecstasy.

Calhoun County Sheriff Larry Amerson says Stevette Patrice Chapman was arrested Friday on charges of aggravated child abuse, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, and two counts of intent to distribute a controlled substance.

Amerson says the baby was left with the father for a visit early Thursday. At some point during the day, the father left Chapman alone with the baby.

When the baby's mother returned, she noticed that the baby was sick and took the baby to the hospital.

Medical personnel conducted a blood test and found evidence of crystal meth and ecstasy.
    more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/15211627/detail.html

2. Loading...

3. MagicRose99

MagicRose99 Watch out for my thorns!

What the h*ll is wrong with this... this... inhuman monster?!? Was she jealous? Didn't want to deal with the baby? I hope she rots... and the father with her for leaving this precious baby with the monster.

4. deanws

deanws Former Member

BUT maybe the father did this and is setting up the GF to take the fall. We don't know enough about it to make a determination. I want to see how this story unfolds.

5. White Rain

White Rain New Member

As a mom I can only say that I "PRAYED" for my kids to SLEEP....I sure as heck never would have gave them something to keep them awake....
    As much as I prayed for my kids to sleep I would have NEVER gave them any downers...
    WHY ON EARTH would a parent give an infant/child an UPPER?
    Jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Or ANY drug for that matter?

6. southcitymom

southcitymom New Member

No doubt....anyone who purposefully gives a child this age street drugs has some hardcore problems and should not be around children.

I wonder if she was jealous - it is described as her boyfriend's child. I wonder if she resents the baby's Mom and was trying to harm or kill the baby.

7. AmandaBrown23

AmandaBrown23 Im just living among all the madness

There are just no words, well there are but none I can say on here.

8. MeoW333

MeoW333 New Member

That's what i'm thinking, too..

9. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

10. Filly

This woman has her own little girl. Beautiful, lovely little girl. What the heck is up with people?

11. Bobbisangel

Bobbisangel New Member

Good grief. Let the law take care of her IF THEY WILL. She is a mother??? Maybe she shouldn't be. Is her own child getting these drugs too? Giving a month and a half baby that crap :behindbar

12. iambehaving

iambehaving ~Life may not be the party we expected, but as lon

Well, she managed to post bail and log on myspace since that article.

I wonder how they were able to determine it was in fact her who drugged the baby? It would be nice to see a better timeline of how long the baby was in her care. Seems like it could have easily been the Father or the mother *shrug*. Too hard to tell with so little information.

I just can not imagine.....

13. Filly

The more I'm looking at this the weirder it is. Like, White Raina had said why would you give a baby something is going to wire them out? I mean if you were going to drug a child God forbid wouldn't ya want them to go to sleep as opposed to well none of it makes sense. Maybe they had a stash to sell and this tiny baby got into it. You crawl at 10 months old, right? Ecstasy too?Don't make no sense.

14. imthemom

imthemom New Member

I think the baby was 10 weeks. Anyway, I hope the baby is okay, there was no update on his condition.

15. Rayemonde

Rayemonde New Member

January 2011:

http://m.annistonstar.com/news/anni...9b4-39f5-5bda-82a5-4bc612542ea2.html?mode=jqm