GUILTY AL - Three dead, 3 injured in shooting at UAH, Amy Bishop charged

State Police investigative report: '86 Bishop shooting
The Massachusetts State Police attached to the Norfolk District Attorney's Office searched its records archive and discovered the investigative report into the shooting of Bishop's brother, Seth, in December 1986.

Six pages.

http://www.necn.com/02/13/10/State-...6-Bis/landing.html?blockID=180126&feedID=4215

Well..... shut my mouth six more times, one for each page. This is whacked. Poor Seth! His death seems barely a blip, at least as recorded there.

there will be lawsuits a plenty i bet...but i can't see how the college should be liable, they really had know way of knowing due to the elaborate cover-up back in '86...still, it probably won't stop some legal action...city of boston may be in bigger trouble...

Yep. Those six pages sent my hinky-meter to jangling.

Do they really think that "finding" the report is gonna get them off the hook?

If that's all there was to the "investigation" - merely taking statements - it's a pathetically poor one.

It's as much of an investigation as another case (escapes me ATM) where the coroner was called on the phone & made his decision & that was the end of it.

We'll be hearing about this case for a while.

That was the state police report; I'm assuming the local cops actually accumulated objective facts, which proved to be a big problem after the decision was taken to take no action, to let the dead bury the dead, so to speak. I guess the parents might have decided they'd rather lose one child than two. Or at least that's how it appears.

if people at the school had known about the 'accidental' shooting of her brother those many years ago, maybe they would have been able to take steps to prevent the current tragedy.

if people at the school had known about the 'accidental' shooting of her brother those many years ago, maybe they would have been able to take steps to prevent the current tragedy.

What do you think they could have possibly done?

Well..... shut my mouth six more times, one for each page. This is whacked. Poor Seth! His death seems barely a blip, at least as recorded there.

It sure seems like it was swept under the rug very quickly.

Since when does LE just accept the words of everyone in the home?

And when does LE just let the person go home when they have just shot someone to death because they were upset?

The entire thing is hinky to me.

imo

And when does LE just let the person go home when they have just shot someone to death because they were upset?

imo

Especially the word of the family member? I wonder if her mother is still alive.

imo

So, she gets off three rounds with the shotgun, hitting her brother with one of them, runs out the door and attempts to carjack a motorist at gunpoint, then hides behind a building and has to be subdued by police at gunpoint.
After all that, she is taken home and released to her mother, and the whole thing is written up as an unfortunate "accident". Then the police reports are lost, but now mysteriously found.

Right!!

Nothing to see here, move along...

New Details - Former Police Chief Denies Cover Up in 1986 Bishop Investigation

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 09:50 PM

<snip>

When asked about the case today, the former Chief denied a cover up. "That's a joke.. That's gotta be a joke. If anyone knows their history, they know I didn't cover anything up!" the aging Polio told reporters in his home. "There was a question. There was a question. That's why we left it up to the DA cause it would have ended up there anyway. where it was a shooting, a possible homicide, possible murder and what degree or manslaughter we thought it would best be done by handing it over to the DA, having an inquest and having them make a determination. As a result of the inquest there was no warrant or complaint issued. We did everything that I think was right to do under the circumstances. They called the shots as far as the inquiry went. the inquiry said no complaint. There were records kept as to.. they questioned all the people that were involved, the principles involved and anyone that knew anything about it. Everyone was questioned, reports were made, reports were submitted, reports were where they are? I don't know. Cover up? that is really a new word to me."

more here

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11983008

here we go...passing the CYA baton.

So, she gets off three rounds with the shotgun, hitting her brother with one of them, runs out the door and attempts to carjack a motorist at gunpoint, then hides behind a building and has to be subdued by police at gunpoint.
After all that, she is taken home and released to her mother, and the whole thing is written up as an unfortunate "accident". Then the police reports are lost, but now mysteriously found.

Right!!

Nothing to see here, move along...

Absurd isn't it?

And I am thoroughly convinced now this was no accident. In the shooting of her brother she used a PUMP ACTION shotgun. I bet LE even returned the darn weapon to the father too. This is so disgusting.

No way this was an accidental shooting when the shotgun had to be pumped each and every time.:furious:

Brother's shooting
According to Braintree, Massachusetts police chief Paul Frazier, Amy Bishop fatally shot her brother, Seth Bishop, in 1986. The incident, in which Amy Bishop had fired at least three shots from a pump action shotgun, was initially logged as an "accident." Detailed records of the shooting have disappeared. Frazier stated, "The report's gone, removed from the files."[7][8]

According to an Internet report [9] filed in the District Attorney's Office in Dedham, Mass, Trooper Brian Howe interviewed Amy Bishop on December 17, 1986, following the December 6, 1986, shooting of Seth Bishop.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Bishop

New Details - Former Police Chief Denies Cover Up in 1986 Bishop Investigation

Posted: Feb 13, 2010 09:50 PM

<snip>

When asked about the case today, the former Chief denied a cover up. "That's a joke.. That's gotta be a joke. If anyone knows their history, they know I didn't cover anything up!" the aging Polio told reporters in his home. "There was a question. There was a question. That's why we left it up to the DA cause it would have ended up there anyway. where it was a shooting, a possible homicide, possible murder and what degree or manslaughter we thought it would best be done by handing it over to the DA, having an inquest and having them make a determination. As a result of the inquest there was no warrant or complaint issued. We did everything that I think was right to do under the circumstances. They called the shots as far as the inquiry went. the inquiry said no complaint. There were records kept as to.. they questioned all the people that were involved, the principles involved and anyone that knew anything about it. Everyone was questioned, reports were made, reports were submitted, reports were where they are? I don't know. Cover up? that is really a new word to me."

more here

http://www.waaytv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11983008

here we go...passing the CYA baton.

That's the first I've heard that there was an inquest. A coroner's inquest is a public hearing. I'd like to see more details about this.

Wonder what this woman thought about having to teach Anatomy and Physiology to nursing students since she thought herself to be above brilliant. The students are lucky she didn't try to murder some of them because there were complaints about her teaching and her incoherent questions on quizzes. Other staff members did feel that she was not in touch with reality. What a shame someone like that can go through life getting away with the murder of a relative, get highly educated, awards, good job, etc. and probably never spent even one day in jail or the psycho ward.

That's the first I've heard that there was an inquest. A coroner's inquest is a public hearing. I'd like to see more details about this.

That is what they had when Drew Peterson's third wife died and they ruled her death due to accidental drowning. Then they reopened the case and the ME found her death to be a homicide.

imo

<snip>

Bishop, 44, had been fighting the school for a year over a tenure denial, Anderson said in the phone interview from the family’s home. This was to be her last semester.

Bishop was involved in another shooting in 1986, when she shot and killed her brother, 18, in the family’s Braintree home. The shooting was ruled accidental, but yesterday Braintree police said the 1986 police report is missing and called the investigation “troubling.”

more here

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1232734

Sounds like Bishop had some time to stew over the tenure denial, IMO.

On Geraldo tonight, it was said that it is not accidental when you shoot three times. Question....did she shoot her brother only one time and missed him the other two times?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back