Alec Baldwin fired prop gun, killing 1 on movie set, Oct 2021 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
That could be a weak point in the case against HGR. The prosecutors need to show the jury where the live rounds came from and how one of them got into the gun. JMO.

What if the company that provided the blanks made a mistake? How can any reputable LE agency not follow through on that? If they did investigate it and develop some evidence, where is it? Where is the report? That should be public information. JMO, the way this investigation has been handled seems a little hinky. I hope I'm wrong.

What if the company that provided the blanks made a mistake? How can any reputable LE agency not follow through on that? If they did investigate it and develop some evidence, where is it? Where is the report? That should be public information.
One thing to consider is even if the company that supplied the blanks and dummy rounds made a mistake, it's the armorers job to check each round to make sure only blanks or dummy's are being loaded into the gun. JMO.

HG-R's lawsuit against the ammunition supplier. Per the complaint:

"Gutierrez Reed arrived on set... the day of the shooting, to find a box labeled "dummy rounds .45 LC." She said it was supplied by Kenney and PDQ. Unbeknownst to her, at least some of those bullets were in fact live rounds, the suit says.

[She] also said that, in the minutes before the shooting, she left the church where filming was taking place to comply with COVID-19 protocols and to attend to other props. She said she didn't know Baldwin was inside rehearsing drawing his gun. Gutierrez Reed said that if she were in the church at the time, she would have told Baldwin not to point the gun at Hutchins, a typical safety measure for the use of guns on film sets."

The New Mexico film industry has set another record.

The state announced that the industry brought in $855.4 million in direct spend for fiscal year 2022, which is an increase of $228.9 million over fiscal year 2021.
[...]
New Mexico’s film incentives continue to be a gold standard in the industry.

"Alec Baldwin is 'devastated' that he is facing involuntary manslaughter charges, a source has revealed, and the actor and his wife Hilaria are 'leaning on each other.' "

What if the company that provided the blanks made a mistake? How can any reputable LE agency not follow through on that? If they did investigate it and develop some evidence, where is it? Where is the report? That should be public information. JMO, the way this investigation has been handled seems a little hinky. I hope I'm wrong.
Doubtful LE's investigation of this case seems a little "hinky." as you claim. The State is not required to provide evidence to the public during criminal investigations.
my opinion only

HG-R's lawsuit against the ammunition supplier. Per the complaint:

"Gutierrez Reed arrived on set... the day of the shooting, to find a box labeled "dummy rounds .45 LC." She said it was supplied by Kenney and PDQ. Unbeknownst to her, at least some of those bullets were in fact live rounds, the suit says.

[She] also said that, in the minutes before the shooting, she left the church where filming was taking place to comply with COVID-19 protocols and to attend to other props. She said she didn't know Baldwin was inside rehearsing drawing his gun. Gutierrez Reed said that if she were in the church at the time, she would have told Baldwin not to point the gun at Hutchins, a typical safety measure for the use of guns on film sets."

But wait. HG-R took the gun to the church and handed it to Halls. She knew they were rehearsing, yet she still left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa