Alec Baldwin Pill Scare

Discussion in 'Celebrity and Entertainment News' started by believe09, Feb 12, 2010.

1. believe09

believe09 Active Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100212/ap_on_en_tv/us_people_alec_baldwin

Ireland, 14, apparently called 911 when she spoke to her father and she believed he threatened to OD during the phone call. She called him back and was unable to reach him on the phone, so called 911 and he was taken by ambulance, evaluated and released.

Here is where I am confused-what is a 14 year old doing up at 12AM on a school night talking to her emotionally distraught father??

Alec-she is a child. JMO.

2. Loading...

3. SleuthyMama

SleuthyMama Listening to my gut

I think Alec definitely did something and put his daughter in the middle to deal with it. Now you see Baldwin's people are trying to make it sound like nothing happened and there was a "misunderstanding."

I think that is only to protect Alec from the fallout so this doesn't turn into another episode like the time he called Ireland a "rude thoughtless little pig" for not answering his phone call.

4. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

I swear, the family dynamics there sound so messed up every time I read about them, which isn't often as I don't keep up with celebrity news much. I feel for Ireland; she's going to have a lot to work through when she grows up. I hope she doesn't get sucked into drugs and alcohol to deal with it, as so many celebs and chidren of celebs do.

5. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

No wonder Ireland was avoiding his phone calls and visitation. First he calls her a thoughtless pig and then he calls her (I'm assuming he called her) at 12 AM after taking pills. And he accused Kim Basinger of being unstable???

6. Hopeful One

Hopeful One Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who

It sounds like they have a very messed up father-daughter relationship. That poor girl. She shouldn't have to be listening to her father's woes. We are supposed to protect our children from this stuff, not make them be our shoulder to cry on!

7. believe09

believe09 Active Member

Shamrock, you are reading the situation just as I am. Ireland is sensitized to histrionics, for whatever reason...and sensitized enough that she took her father's behavior seriously, whether or not he meant her too.

8. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

"This was a misunderstanding on one person's part. Alec was quickly released from the hospital; he's completely fine and will be at work today," Hiltzik said in a statement.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100212/ap_on_en_tv/us_people_alec_baldwin
    Yeah, there was a misunderstanding on one person's part and that person would be Alec. He didn't think his daughter would call his bluff. He should be ashamed of himself for saying something like that...whether he was serious about it or not.

9. Woe.be.gone

Woe.be.gone Active Member

ABC news just reported that Alec was arguing with Ireland over the phone and he, "reportedly blames his ex-wife Kim for exciting the entire situation".

:banghead: Poor, poor Alec. :crazy:

10. luvbeaches

luvbeaches New Member

That poor girl. He is a total nutjob.

11. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

Let him keep going. Remember how everyone thought Denise Richards was a nut case until Charlie Sheen proved us wrong. He actually was capable and did all those things she accused him of.

If Alec keeps it up we'll all know who the crazy one was in his marriage. Poor Ireland. Way too much for a child to go through.

JMO

12. drip~drop

drip~drop kiss a fuzzie

Poor Ireland

Kids shouldn't have to deal with "child-parents"

That goes for Baldwin, Hasslehoff , Love and all the others that are still not known about.

imo,oc:twocents:

13. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

Yeah, don't get me started on Hasselhoff. He uses his teenage daughter as his babysitter.

14. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

I personally think they are both crazy and putting their child in the middle of their chaos. I feel horrible for her.

15. lizzybeth

lizzybeth Active Member

You're right impatientredhead, they probably are. I would just think it's difficult for Kim because she HAS to let her daughter have contact with her father. I think it's court ordered. The only thing I've heard about Kim is that she has agoraphobia.

16. Mr. E

Mr. E New Member

How ironic that in the 80s, when I was a teen, the term "Baldwin" was meant to describe a boy who was the epitome of looks and class. Now look what's become of him.

17. impatientredhead

impatientredhead New Member

The voicemail he left was leaked to the public to benefit her side of the legal battle. To humilate your daughter who is already being verbally assaulted by her father because it benefits an ugly ugly custody battle doesn't scream to me that mom is trying to insulate and soften the burden of having a crazy father. That seems to me to be more in line with water seeking its own level with the parents, and Ireland being left to just deal with it.

jmo

I do agree though that Kim by not commenting directly in the press like Alec does appears to be more rational and the more likeable of the two.

18. georgiagirl

georgiagirl Opinionated Southern Belle

Alec Baldwin= f*cktard JMO

19. mitzi

mitzi Watch us lie to cover for 'Princess'

There seems to be something wrong with all the Baldwin "boys." IMO, a bunch of nutjobs! :rolleyes:

20. kbl8201

kbl8201 Former Member

just curious, is this the daughter alec called a 'little pig' about a year ago?
    neither of these 2 will ever win parent of the year

21. LaLaw2000

LaLaw2000 Louisiana

I liked Baldwin years ago, but no longer. I haven't liked him since he called his daughter a 'thoughtless little pig'. IMO, he is the pig.