Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, dies Nov 2020

I was surprised at how well Ken Jennings did on his two weeks stint but was surprised to see how the tie breaker was handled on the last show. I remembered it to be co-champions in the past.

I was surprised at how well Ken Jennings did on his two weeks stint but was surprised to see how the tie breaker was handled on the last show. I remembered it to be co-champions in the past.

The tie-breaker is fairly recent but definitely happened on Alex's watch.

DH and I are both very impressed with Ken Jennings as host, but it seems that he does not want a permanent gig and will only host the show for six weeks :( When it first became obvious that Alex would have to be replaced, my immediate thought was that it had to be Ken Jennings.

ROSTER OF GUEST HOSTS ANNOUNCED | J!Buzz | Jeopardy.com

Last edited:
Katie Couric is the guest host for these two weeks with a twist.

Couric's hosting gig includes a charity aspect — a donation equal to the contestants' cumulative winnings will go to Stand Up To Cancer, an organization she co-founded in 2008 that "funds and develops the newest and most promising cancer treatments to help patients today," according to its website.

In her opener, she announced that the show would "be matching the winnings from each show I guest host and donating that amount to the pancreatic cancer dream team from Stand Up to Cancer. So thank you Jeopardy!" she continued.

Katie Couric Kicks Off Her 2-Week Stint as Guest Host of Jeopardy!

Dr.Oz???? Seriously??? I could’ve told you that lol. Didn’t he make some stupid remark about covid? JMO

Eta: From your first link (hi @watcher9 :) ) :

“He got to this place by trading on his legitimate real-world bona fides — as a Harvard and Penn-educated cardiothoracic surgeon — to spread a broadly appealing gospel that mixes together that which is true with that which is pleasant or attention-getting to believe. Notable instances mentioned in past coverage of Oz include his claiming, on his show, that arsenic is present in apple juice and that green coffee beans are an effective weight-loss supplement. Elsewhere, he promoted hydroxychloroquine, the baseless and ineffective COVID-19 treatment. He has also provided a megaphone to vaccine denialists and to antigay conversion therapy, as well as, during the run-up to the 2016 election, candidate Donald Trump, who used Oz’s show as the venue to put forward his medical records, which Oz scanned and approved.“

Eta2: What an insult he was even given the job to begin with JMO

Last edited:
One of the things that DH and I worried about when the list of guest hosts was announced is whether or not the various celebrities would outshine the game of Jeopardy! itself. So far, that hasn't happened, and each guest host has shown great respect for the game and contestants. I, personally, don't care for Dr. Oz, but he was mild-mannered and held appropriate reverence for the game without trying to upstage it or the contestants. DH and I both enjoyed Katie Couric's two weeks as guest host: She seemed to be very engaged with each contestant during their opening interviews, while Dr. Oz didn't seem to know what to say. We're looking forward to Anderson Cooper's upcoming gig as guest host as we've enjoyed his appearances during celebrity contests. It will be interesting to see if a permanent host will eventually come from the current lineup of guest hosts or if producers will surprise the audience with someone as yet unknown. I continue to hope that Ken Jennings ends up becoming the Jeopardy! host even though he said he wasn't interested.

Alex Trebek's Wife Reveals the "Beautiful" Discovery He Made Before His Death (xfinity.com)

Alex Trebek had no idea just how loved he was by people he's never even met.

In an interview for NBC's upcoming Inspiring America: The 2021 Inspiration List, the late Jeopardy! host and TV icon's wife Jean Trebek spoke about her late husband's impact on viewers.

NBC News' Savannah Guthrie, who co-hosts the special, asked her, "Were you surprised at how many lives he touched and how much meaning he has for so many people?"

"Yes, I was," Jean responded. "And I think Alex was, too."...

I thought Mike Richards also did a great job hosting these past two weeks...

'Jeopardy!' fans question rumored host front-runner after past discrimination lawsuits surface (nbcnews.com)

"Jeopardy!" executive producer Mike Richards is in advanced negotiations to host the show, according to Variety.

"Jeopardy!" fans are upset over reports that the show's executive producer, Mike Richards, is the apparent front-runner to replace beloved host Alex Trebek after past harassment and discrimination lawsuits against Richards resurfaced.

The long-running television game show has not announced a new permanent host, but Variety reported that Richards was in advanced negotiations for the coveted gig. "Jeopardy!" has been on the hunt for a new host after Trebek's death in November from pancreatic cancer.

The show declined to comment this week on the news that Richards is reportedly in negotiations...

Mike Richards, Mayim Bialik announced as hosts of ‘Jeopardy!’ (clickondetroit.com)

Richards to kick off season 38 as full-time host

After auditioning a number of guest hosts following the death of Alex Trebek, “Jeopardy!” has announced Mike Richards and Mayim Bialik as its hosts of the future.

Richards, 38, is the executive producer of “Jeopardy!” and “Wheel of Fortune,” but will now also serve as the full-time host of the former, beginning with season 38.

Bialik, widely known for playing neuroscientist Amy Farrah Fowler in “Big Bang Theory,” will host the “Jeopardy!” primetime and spinoff series, including the Jeopardy! National College Championship...

‘Jeopardy!’ producer Richards named host; role for Bialik (detroitnews.com)

A new era of “Jeopardy!” is on the horizon, with executive producer Mike Richards and actress Mayim Bialik named the hosts of the long-running game show.

Richards was announced Wednesday as the full-time host of the weekday syndicated “Jeopardy!” broadcasts, while Bialik will lead special editions of the show.

“We are thrilled to begin the next chapter of America’s Favorite Quiz Show with Mike hosting our daily show and Mayim hosting new versions of Jeopardy!,” Ravi Ahuja of Sony Pictures said...

Last edited:
'Jeopardy!' names 2 hosts, Mike Richards and Mayim Bialik, to be faces of famed quiz show (nbcnews.com)

The surprising choices cap months of speculation, following the death of longtime host Alex Trebek.

"Jeopardy!" executive producer Mike Richards will be the new daily host of the venerable quiz show, while actor Mayim Bialik was tabbed for franchise spinoffs, Sony Pictures Television said Wednesday.

The announcements capped months of speculation, and heated fan debate, about who should fill the role left vacant by the late Alex Trebek last year.

Trebek, who had been the face of the franchise since 1984, died on Nov. 8, 2020, after a long battle with pancreatic cancer.

Both Richards and Bialik were among more than a dozen people — including former top contestants and celebrities — who served as interim guest hosts for Season 37 of the show after Trebek's passing...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back