Alex Trebek, 'Jeopardy!' host, has stage 4 pancreatic cancer, dies Nov 2020

Congratulations to Ken Jennings! Jeopardy! Greatest of All Time champion :)

Jeopardy! GOAT: Ken Jennings beats Brad Rutter and James Holzhauer in greatest of all time tournament - CBS News

Ken Jennings is officially the greatest "Jeopardy!" player of all time. The "Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time" tournament concluded Tuesday night with Jennings emerging victorious against Brad Rutter and James Holzhauer — and it all came down to the Final Jeopardy question.

The question? "He has 272 speeches, the most of any non-title character in a Shakespeare tragedy." Jennings correctly answered "Iago" while Rutter simply wrote: "You're the best, Alex!" Holzhauer's incorrect answer of "Horatio" was what sealed the deal for Jennings, who was awarded the $1 million prize...

I saw some of the recent shows with these 3 experts. I was trying to see how many questions I could answer before they answered.

I averaged only two questions per game that I could even answer and get right before i heard the real answer. I was pathetic. LOL

The shows were great and these 3 gentleman are class acts and made it fun to watch them. I especially liked the humor from the 3rd contestant on the far right. He was so funny as he began to realize he had no chance in a couple games.

It was a really fun event and this show has been one of my favorite game shows of all time as i am sure others also like it since its been on the air so long.

The next type of Champion show we need is Alex to go up against Pat Sajdak and Bob Barker in a combined Jeapordy/Wheel of Fortune/Price is Right contest between the 3 hosts.

They could combine the games into a single game that merges all 3 games together and let the 3 great hosts battle it out. :)

Best wishes for all of them as i know their health is not so good for a couple of them.

One question I have if anyone has an idea.

For Jeapordy in general and especially this Champion contest, it seems they have a lot of questions about Plays and old famous Greek Plays and Operas and things like that.

Is there a reason that type of subject is so common in Jeopardy to have lots of questions about them?

Last night they had a category of questions involving Roman Numerals that was incredibly hard to me. You had to do math first to figure out the right Roman numeral letter and then use the letters to figure out the name of the person the question was for. I was always in the middle of still trying to do math when the experts already had the answers. LOL They were amazing.

I saw some of the recent shows with these 3 experts. I was trying to see how many questions I could answer before they answered.

I averaged only two questions per game that I could even answer and get right before i heard the real answer. I was pathetic. LOL

The shows were great and these 3 gentleman are class acts and made it fun to watch them. I especially liked the humor from the 3rd contestant on the far right. He was so funny as he began to realize he had no chance in a couple games.

It was a really fun event and this show has been one of my favorite game shows of all time as i am sure others also like it since its been on the air so long.

The next type of Champion show we need is Alex to go up against Pat Sajdak and Bob Barker in a combined Jeapordy/Wheel of Fortune/Price is Right contest between the 3 hosts.

They could combine the games into a single game that merges all 3 games together and let the 3 great hosts battle it out. :)

Best wishes for all of them as i know their health is not so good for a couple of them.
I WAS going to reply that Bob Barker had passed away, but lo and behold, you are correct and he's still with us! 96 yrs. I had remembered something about him a while back, but it was likely a health scare he had that was in the news. God bless 'em all!

For Jeapordy in general and especially this Champion contest, it seems they have a lot of questions about Plays and old famous Greek Plays and Operas and things like that.

Is there a reason that type of subject is so common in Jeopardy to have lots of questions about them?

Last night they had a category of questions involving Roman Numerals that was incredibly hard to me. You had to do math first to figure out the right Roman numeral letter and then use the letters to figure out the name of the person the question was for. I was always in the middle of still trying to do math when the experts already had the answers. LOL They were amazing.

Good question! I don't know the answer. That Roman Numerals category....my mouth was literally hanging open....I don't know how they figured out those answers (questions) so quickly! They are geniuses.

Does anyone know why Ken bet 0? Was he trying to get another match out of it?

I think he just knew it was his only chance of winning since it was cumulative. At first I thought, "whhhhaaaaattt?" but then when I remember the previous round was in it, I understood. Whether or not James threw it.....I don't know.

Good question! I don't know the answer. That Roman Numerals category....my mouth was literally hanging open....I don't know how they figured out those answers (questions) so quickly! They are geniuses.

My DH knew all of them :) I got one. We watch Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy! while we're having dinner on weeknights. The game shows air locally at 7:00 and 7:30PM. I do better with Wheel, and DH does very well playing Jeopardy!

Jeopardy! producers and the "clue crew" strive to present answers/questions that draw from a vast array of categories: history, geography, math, science, literature, music, arts/culture, languages, television/movies, food/drink, current events, etc. Some contestants appear to have a lot of general knowledge in many different areas, while others tend to focus on more specific categories. There are certain categories in which I excel, while DH does better in others. Alex mentions frequently that all Jeopardy! contestants have one thing in common: They are and always have been incessant readers. The more you read, the more you know.

Watching Alex walk tonight, he looks really uncomfortable. I noticed for the first time he was seated on a stool behind his desk. Never seen that before.

Watching Alex walk tonight, he looks really uncomfortable. I noticed for the first time he was seated on a stool behind his desk. Never seen that before.
:( I haven't been watching Jeopardy lately, but wouldn't tonight's show have been recorded quite some time ago? I've been thinking of him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4
Back