Alexis Murphy Search Discussion / Remains located December 2020

I don't think he buried her - if she is truly dead. He never put that much effort into covering up any of his other crimes. He didn't even put that much effort into covering up other details of this one. He carelessly went to Applebee's 1 mile from where he left her car, the cell phone was still in his yard, he didn't even vacuum his carpet to get any potential evidence out. He had time to clean all that up but he didn't. He probably wouldn't have cleaned the blood off the walls if blood didn't tend to smell. I'm not quite sure how he managed to leave her car completely clean when he's so careless in every other thing he does either. That part has me a bit stumped considering he's never been the type to not mess up.

I've been trying to really dig into some of his older stuff. I did find one old phone number linked to his name that was also linked to a Timothy Lee Breeden which I found interesting but not necessarily life altering. News reports did say they found several phones and he admitted they were all his and that he would take the batteries out and not use the same one all the time. So he could have easily, and quite likely, registered each one under fake names.
(https://www.searchpeoplefree.com/find/randy-taylor/va/barboursville)
Phone # in question is 434-990-0000 and if you google it the results come up on page 2 for me and I saw the name in the google summary, I didn't click through. Screenclip below because I know google is different for everyone. I don't know that website and I don't click random links. The same phone number is also linked to a cab company.

Strange things you find online. Strange things indeed.

Attachments

• RAT phone no Timothy Breeden.png
    RAT phone no Timothy Breeden.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 9
I don't think he buried her - if she is truly dead. He never put that much effort into covering up any of his other crimes. He didn't even put that much effort into covering up other details of this one. He carelessly went to Applebee's 1 mile from where he left her car, the cell phone was still in his yard, he didn't even vacuum his carpet to get any potential evidence out. He had time to clean all that up but he didn't. He probably wouldn't have cleaned the blood off the walls if blood didn't tend to smell. I'm not quite sure how he managed to leave her car completely clean when he's so careless in every other thing he does either. That part has me a bit stumped considering he's never been the type to not mess up.

I've been trying to really dig into some of his older stuff. I did find one old phone number linked to his name that was also linked to a Timothy Lee Breeden which I found interesting but not necessarily life altering. News reports did say they found several phones and he admitted they were all his and that he would take the batteries out and not use the same one all the time. So he could have easily, and quite likely, registered each one under fake names.
(https://www.searchpeoplefree.com/find/randy-taylor/va/barboursville)
Phone # in question is 434-990-0000 and if you google it the results come up on page 2 for me and I saw the name in the google summary, I didn't click through. Screenclip below because I know google is different for everyone. I don't know that website and I don't click random links. The same phone number is also linked to a cab company.

Strange things you find online. Strange things indeed.
I think he felt since he won the case against Orange County police over the gps on his car, he thought he could win this. I don’t get how he kept his dna out of her car when he parked it. I feel sorry for his son. I pray they can find her to give her family closeure

This is similar to the Ariel Castro kidnappings that took place in Ohio. He got the three women to come to his home by using his relative’s connections to them in order to gain their trust

There was a claim that in one of his interviews, the FBI pointed out a sweatshirt and long sleeve shirt in his clothes pile. Does anyone know if this is true? Could it mean he disposed of her somewhere impossible to get into?

I remember something about a clothes pile and in the articles I kept he was asked if he threw the Miller Lite shirt in a clothes pile but he declined to comment. I didn't see anything about any of her clothing being found and confirmed. They did find the pink/red sweatshirt in the Rockfish River but nothing was ever mentioned of it after that which leads me to believe they couldn't confirm it was hers. There's never been any mention of finding her DNA anywhere but his camper but there was an article where tire tracks were found going up a hill and back down that police took molds of. Still no confirmation if that was a match or what, if anything, that search yielded. Now that his appeals are over and done, I wonder if they would be a little more open about the areas they've searched.

I followed Alexis' case from the beginning and always have felt that the disposal of her body had to do with the ATV--I had read he and his son went four-wheeling near Crabtree Falls after her alleged murder. Not at all saying his son knew about the murder, but I do believe this is when he disposed of the body. May have been in a suitcase or garbage bag(s). He could've told his son or others he was with he had to hide something from the law, and they may not have asked any questions. He lived out in the country and most likely hunted, so prob knew how to dismember ... sounds awful, I know, but this is what I've always believed.

Someone tweeted this. I wish there was solid proof it could be accurate

That is a screen clip from a dream writer's (the kind we don't discuss here one websleuths) website, I would take it with a grain of salt as it's likely his prediction and he is one of this for profit, pay me to see my scribbles, type people. He could be right, there's always a good chance of that.

The coordinates 37.767055, -78.876644 come out to 594 Mountain Cove Rd which doesn't seem to belong to anyone. It is a heavily wooded area that the police would not have been able to see in a fly over but it also seems fairly open at a ground level compared to other areas nearby. It might be worth checking but I think if police covered that area, it would have been checked. It's not that far from where he lived.

The last activity that occurred on Taylor’s phone, happened at 6:30 p.m that night, and didn’t make contact with another cell phone tower until 9:00am the next morning. This isn’t a weird coincidence. The fact that his phone went dark almost an hour before crossing paths with Murphy. It’s clear he wanted to make sure investigators would have difficulty proving his whereabouts that night, and most likely put his phone on airplane mode or simply turned it off, to avoid it making contact with nearby cell phone towers.

The last activity that occurred on Taylor’s phone, happened at 6:30 p.m that night, and didn’t make contact with another cell phone tower until 9:00am the next morning. This isn’t a weird coincidence. The fact that his phone went dark almost an hour before crossing paths with Murphy. It’s clear he wanted to make sure investigators would have difficulty proving his whereabouts that night, and most likely put his phone on airplane mode or simply turned it off, to avoid it making contact with nearby cell phone towers.

He was a shady character. In articles about him they said he had multiple cell phones he rotated through and when he wasn't using them, he took the batteries out to make sure he couldn't be tracked. I think he had planned to take her (or possibly someone like her). She was known to go to the store almost daily around the same time and he was known to sit in the parking lot and watch people. He could have been watching her for a long time and she never knew. Then having seen him before (her mom bought a car where he worked and he handed her the keys) and she might have seen him one other time at a car wash (I saw mention of that but I don't think it was proven). He could have had just enough interaction with her that she felt like he was no threat or that he was 'familiar' enough to her to not be a stranger.

He was a shady character. In articles about him they said he had multiple cell phones he rotated through and when he wasn't using them, he took the batteries out to make sure he couldn't be tracked. I think he had planned to take her (or possibly someone like her). She was known to go to the store almost daily around the same time and he was known to sit in the parking lot and watch people. He could have been watching her for a long time and she never knew. Then having seen him before (her mom bought a car where he worked and he handed her the keys) and she might have seen him one other time at a car wash (I saw mention of that but I don't think it was proven). He could have had just enough interaction with her that she felt like he was no threat or that he was 'familiar' enough to her to not be a stranger.
I agree

When she entered his camper, she most likely realized she needed to get out, which resulted in the violent struggle that took place between them. One of her hairs was found on Taylor’s pillow, showing signs of being forcibly removed.

The FBI used a light that makes areas where there may have been blood glow, that made part of the camper wall, glow.

One of her nails was torn and found embedded in the carpet, along with a diamond stud from one of her piercings.

The shirt he was seen wearing was found under his couch, with Murphy’s eyelashes, hair extensions, and blood. An interesting fact is the shirt had more blood on the back than the front.

Blood was found on Taylor’s bed sheet that didn’t contain Murphy’s DNA and no signs of a sexual assault were found. Murphy’s blood was also found on a pair of shorts found in the camper.

A pellet gun, knives, cell phone parts, and *advertiser censored* movies were recovered from the camper

What happened after the murder? He had a dead body, two cars, and evidence in his camper. There’s no way he burned it because his camper was so far in the woods, smoke would’ve given an impression of a fire, and a burned human body would give a strong nasty odor.

What happened after the murder? He had a dead body, two cars, and evidence in his camper. There’s no way he burned it because his camper was so far in the woods, smoke would’ve given an impression of a fire, and a burned human body would give a strong nasty odor.

I agree about the fire. A lot of people in the area burn their trash and yard debris routinely during the summer months and they notice when others are burning. You have to do that out in the open, not in the middle of the trees.

I don't get over that way too often but I think the next time I have to head that direction I'm going to go take a lot of pictures and visit a few new spots. I'm gonna get some pictures of the woods mills parking area I mentioned previously and I'll go get some ground shots of that dream writer's coordinates just to see what it looks like. I'll have to get a list together before I go. I'm also going to ride back out to that shady property I mentioned which is right in the area and get some shots of that so y'all can see what I mean about how the properties are out there. That property could easily be a dumping ground and since the shady guy that 'uses' it doesn't actually live there, I doubt anyone would ever find anything if someone did dump things out there. Call it a gut feeling but when I was out there (a few times) I could never shake the feeling that there was a body out there. I'm almost scared of what I might find. I did get out and look around once but I was super hesitant to go too far off the road lest I meet my own demise.

I agree about the fire. A lot of people in the area burn their trash and yard debris routinely during the summer months and they notice when others are burning. You have to do that out in the open, not in the middle of the trees.

I don't get over that way too often but I think the next time I have to head that direction I'm going to go take a lot of pictures and visit a few new spots. I'm gonna get some pictures of the woods mills parking area I mentioned previously and I'll go get some ground shots of that dream writer's coordinates just to see what it looks like. I'll have to get a list together before I go. I'm also going to ride back out to that shady property I mentioned which is right in the area and get some shots of that so y'all can see what I mean about how the properties are out there. That property could easily be a dumping ground and since the shady guy that 'uses' it doesn't actually live there, I doubt anyone would ever find anything if someone did dump things out there. Call it a gut feeling but when I was out there (a few times) I could never shake the feeling that there was a body out there. I'm almost scared of what I might find. I did get out and look around once but I was super hesitant to go too far off the road lest I meet my own demise.
I love your posts

So if RAT was stalking her by SM, he may have knew about CRD, and their connection. What if he did something similar that Ariel Castro did to his victims? Mabey RAT convinced her that CRD was at his place and wanted to meet her, or something like that. The convo on her ask acct was that someone was planning on meeting her (anon) THAT week-end, and in her eagerness to meet CRD, AND thinking anon was CRD, she was lured to Rat's place. That would fit RAT's lie that she was meeting CRD to smoke some pot at his place. She wanted to meet CRD, not smoke pot. Makes more sense to me than a young girl scoring pot from an old creep like RAT.

So if RAT was stalking her by SM, he may have knew about CRD, and their connection. What if he did something similar that Ariel Castro did to his victims? Mabey RAT convinced her that CRD was at his place and wanted to meet her, or something like that. The convo on her ask acct was that someone was planning on meeting her (anon) THAT week-end, and in her eagerness to meet CRD, AND thinking anon was CRD, she was lured to Rat's place. That would fit RAT's lie that she was meeting CRD to smoke some pot at his place. She wanted to meet CRD, not smoke pot. Makes more sense to me than a young girl scoring pot from an old creep like RAT.

That's definitely a more likely scenario. I also thought she could have potentially known his son or possibly had a crush on his son or maybe he could have told her his son had something at his house for her or his son was there. Having someone more her age or that was more relatable to her is definitely more logical than her going off with some creepy old man she met once or twice. If we take what we know of his involvement with SAC and her interest in the other young men she had just met it is very realistic to think he was using the cover story like you mentioned. He could have used the same story to lure them both. He could have told SAC that the guy she liked wanted to meet her without his gf around, 'come to my house' and he could have told Alexis a very similar story.

It makes sense how Randy Allen Taylor was familiar with Alexis Murphy, despite not personally knowing her. The area was described as a small town where everyone knew each other, and both Taylor and Murphy frequented the gas station where she was last seen alive. Taylor would always go to the gas station alone, at least three times a week, to purchase cigarettes, a meal at the attached McDonald’s, or to sit in the parking lot for hours and gawk at the young females who went in and out of the station. Murphy was also frequently seen at the gas station. It is close to her home, and her family described her as a creature of habit, who would purchase frappes from McDonald’s and gas, often the same days at the same times. It’s understandable Taylor saw her enough times to get her routine figured out.

8-4-13
Alexis Murphy was reported missing by her family in the early hours of the morning.

RAT clearly knew it was only a matter of time before investigators came. His cell phone pinged with a tower at 9:00 that morning. I am more than confident he had assistance from someone at disposing of her body and car from his camper.

At 10:00 that night, Murphy’s car was found on surveillance being parked and abandoned at a movie theater parking lot in Charlottesville, which is only 12 miles north from the location of Morgan Harrington’s remains that were discovered in 2010. The driver was not identifiable and the recovered DNA from the car was an unknown male that didn’t match Taylor’s DNA.

Well, it was her dad's car. Heaven knows how many people had been inside the vehicle. Did they say what they extracted DNA from? Was it from a hair on the seat? Blood on the door handle?

If there is a total lack of fingerprints in and on that car then it would suggest that he cleaned it very well. The car should have had lots of fingerprints and possibly DNA in and on it. It was her father's car. No doubt there would have been evidence of other people in that car (hair, skin, touch DNA...you name it) whether or not her father gave it to her clean or not.

Were Alexis' fingerprints found in or on the exterior of her car? Were her prints found on the door handle and/or on the steering wheel? If so, were any of them smeared. If not, then when will the prosecution stress that someone wiped the car down.

Were any fingerprints found in the car?

Did they find the car keys?

What was RAT wearing when he came into Applebee's? (Like was he wearing coveralls or clothes out of season...not suitable for an August evening.)

After the car was parked, ironically, Taylor appeared at a nearby Applebee’s in walking distance from the movie theater, 20-30 minutes later. An FBI agent did a walk from the theater to the restaurant , which took 15 minutes. Taylor took a cap to Woods Mill, 3 miles north from his camper that night.

8-4-13
Alexis Murphy was reported missing by her family in the early hours of the morning.

RAT clearly knew it was only a matter of time before investigators came. His cell phone pinged with a tower at 9:00 that morning. I am more than confident he had assistance from someone at disposing of her body and car from his camper.

At 10:00 that night, Murphy’s car was found on surveillance being parked and abandoned at a movie theater parking lot in Charlottesville, which is only 12 miles north from the location of Morgan Harrington’s remains that were discovered in 2010. The driver was not identifiable and the recovered DNA from the car was an unknown male that didn’t match Taylor’s DNA.

Well, it was her dad's car. Heaven knows how many people had been inside the vehicle. Did they say what they extracted DNA from? Was it from a hair on the seat? Blood on the door handle?

If there is a total lack of fingerprints in and on that car then it would suggest that he cleaned it very well. The car should have had lots of fingerprints and possibly DNA in and on it. It was her father's car. No doubt there would have been evidence of other people in that car (hair, skin, touch DNA...you name it) whether or not her father gave it to her clean or not.

Were Alexis' fingerprints found in or on the exterior of her car? Were her prints found on the door handle and/or on the steering wheel? If so, were any of them smeared. If not, then when will the prosecution stress that someone wiped the car down.

Were any fingerprints found in the car?

Did they find the car keys?

What was RAT wearing when he came into Applebee's? (Like was he wearing coveralls or clothes out of season...not suitable for an August evening.)

After the car was parked, ironically, Taylor appeared at a nearby Applebee’s in walking distance from the movie theater, 20-30 minutes later. An FBI agent did a walk from the theater to the restaurant , which took 15 minutes. Taylor took a cap to Woods Mill, 3 miles north from his camper that night.

All very good observations and questions. RAT was always seen in jeans and a t-shirt. I doubt he had coveralls as that would have stood out, even in these parts, for him to walk into Charlottesville Applebee's in that area at 10pm. We know he stood out anyway but that was because he sat at the bar sweaty and told a bunch of lies. The bartender didn't mention him not looking right, so he likely looked like any other man from the area IMO. In the surveillance shots I saw from the video of who parked the car, the size of the person couldn't have been RAT.

I don't understand why no news outlets bought the transcripts from the trial after he appealed. Once transcripts are prepared for appeals, they become much cheaper to purchase (2-300 vs thousands). I'm sure there's a lot of good detail in there but after his conviction, it's like they stopped digging for answers and that bothers me. I wonder how much is in the public record at the court house that no one has looked at yet. I used to get a lot of good info at courthouses pre-covid. I'm not sure they're letting anyone in for research these days though. Of course, the transcripts won't be there but there will be other court documents that could have some useful tidbits in them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back