All About Chloroform #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is chloroform made from?
acetone
bleach
maybe alcohol

i'm no scientist, but i think it's safe to assume that you need chlorine to make CHLORoform?

Chemical formulae:

Chloroform CHCl3

Acetone C3H6O

Chlorine bleach (sodium hypochlorite) NaClO

Isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) C3H7OH

I have an old bottle and there isn't. Only to keep out of reach of children, and don't spray directly into face...

Thanks LinasK! Very interesting that!

Could the unusually high chloroform peaks found by ORNL originate from an industrial/professional grade fumigant or insecticide? Would those products contain methyl chloroform and carbon tetrachloride?

Could CA have cleaned the trunk liner with something that GA took while working for Falcon Termite & Pest Control?

Could the unusually high chloroform peaks found by ORNL originate from an industrial/professional grade fumigant or insecticide? Would those products contain methyl chloroform and carbon tetrachloride?

Could CA have cleaned the trunk liner with something that GA took while working for Falcon Termite & Pest Control?

Hi Felix,

Interesting thought about pesticides in light of this:

http://www.advtechind.com/Spec/C/80008PESG.pdf

If GA could 'liberate' a roll or two or more of hi-temp Henckel duct tape from an employer, perhaps he could 'liberate' a bottle or can or two of extra special fumigant/insecticide from Falcon Termite & Pest?

Per GA's depo by the State, he was working for Falcon when he had the accident that required the total knee replacement.

If GA could 'liberate' a roll or two or more of hi-temp Henckel duct tape from an employer, perhaps he could 'liberate' a bottle or can or two of extra special fumigant/insecticide from Falcon Termite & Pest?

Per GA's depo by the State, he was working for Falcon when he had the accident that required the total knee replacement.

I thought the duct tape came from Ohio??? Did he actually take it from work?

Somewhere in the discovery is a bunch of GA's timesheets. At one time, he did a brief stint at some sort of utility company.

Still looking for the timesheets, but in his Aug. '09 State depo, he references working at the Orlando Utilities Commission on Pershing Drive.

I think that the Henckel tape was manufactured in Ohio?

By the way, I think I know why the "win her over with chloroform" joke photo that was on Ricardo's MySpace page was so popular around that time (early 2008). In November 2007, an Ohio man pleaded guilty to using chloroform to knock out and rape teenage girls.
http://www.foxcarolina.com/news/14519857/detail.html

A few months later (Feb-March 2008 prior to Casey's March 2008 Google searches for chloroform), General Hospital had a chloroform/duct tape/kidnapping plot line. I posted details about this somewhere...probably on this thread lol.

On February 22, 2008, a soldier in Wales was found guilty of buying chloroform over the internet from "a chemical company in Stirling, Scotland" with the intention of using it to kidnap and assault children.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2008/02/22/soldier-guilty-of-inciting-chatroom-users-to-kidnap-children-91466-20508728/

On March 5, 2008, a Kansas City man was convicted of killing a girl with an overdose of chloroform.
http://www.kmbc.com/r/15503213/detail.html

So Casey could have been hearing about chloroform from several sources around that time.

BTW there were another 4 or 5 stories for this time period that I haven't included above...it seems like there was a mini-epidemic of chloroform attacks and stories in the months before Casey did her Google searches.

Can you imagine the bad national publicity Proctor & Gamble/Febreze will get from this, once CA is actually on the stand at the trial. Methinks they won't be too happy.

Seriously. I love P&G products and will continue to use them. They are not the ones responsible for Caylee's death. :(

Chemical formulae:

Chloroform CHCl3

Acetone C3H6O

This is shocking to me. These are all common household items.

ETA: I mistakenly thought acetone was nail polish remover. Hubby informed me pure acetone is not a common household item. I stand corrected, but am still surprised chloroform is comprised of only 3 ingredients, two of which are in most households.

ETA: I mistakenly thought acetone was nail polish remover. Hubby informed me pure acetone is not a common household item. I stand corrected, but am still surprised chloroform is comprised of only 3 ingredients, two of which are in most households.

IDK, Oakley..... I have always had pure acetone in my home... and most of my family members have it too. There are just so many uses for it. I think it may not be as common as the chlorine bleach and the isopropyl alcohol, but I think it is still pretty common.

JMO

IDK, Oakley..... I have always had pure acetone in my home... and most of my family members have it too. There are just so many uses for it. I think it may not be as common as the chlorine bleach and the isopropyl alcohol, but I think it is still pretty common.

JMO

Yes, I think you can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply down the road from my house actually. :)

Acetone is used to remove fake or acrylic nails. Non-acetone only removes the polish from real or fake nails. I have both and it is sold at WalMart too.

Chloroform can easily be synthesised inadvertently.
Ethanol (Vodka) Or Methanol (Paint thinner), Or Acetone (nail polish remover) + Bleach = Chloroform. The reaction is extremely exothermic and when synthesised by an idiot (KC) will probably result in the chloroform vaporising, thus it wouldn't have been detected months later.

Chemical formulae:

Chloroform CHCl3

Acetone C3H6O

:twocents: Just a "tiny" FYI:innocent: for those thinking :waitasec: about "cooking up" some CHCl3:

:maddening: PLEASE remember to include lots of ice to cool down the mixture since it is an exothermic (heat producing) reaction and while you're shopping for the ingredients, get an amber (brownish) colored GLASS bottle with one seriously tight sealing cap! OH YEAH, and be wicked careful to avoid sunlight..........or you'll be creating "Mustard Gas" a la WWI!:banghead::banghead::banghead:

everyone should also keep in mind that the Internet directions for chloroform are meant to cover using it as an solvent, which is a pure concentration of chloroform, not as an anaesthetic which is diluted with ethanol.

Yes, I think you can get it at Sally's Beauty Supply down the road from my house actually. :)

Yep, Sally's does carry it.... that is exactly where I buy mine. :)

So what I get from this is either KC mixed up a batch to knock out Caylee or Cindy did to clean up the smell.

Hey KC here ya go.

Dad killed your baby and Mom cleaned up after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtandSims4