All about Kristina Prevatt's jail house letter

IMO, Nay Nay is setting up her alibi in this letter...you know I was with you that night!

Also she said she is in the middle of a "homicide investigation"...as far as we know this is a "missing child investigation" and that is very telling to me...Not once have I heard it's a homicide investigation, heck LE has said there's no crime scene...now I see why, if it turns out to be true.

I've thought from the beginning, either MCC wasn't home or HaLeigh got hold of some drugs and OD...I pray this is not so..:furious:

Since I first read this letter, I've thought it SCREAMED "Stick to the alibi!" Why the need to remind the reader TWICE of where Nay Nay was that night.

Oh, I'm not judging him. I'm holding him accountable for the welfare of his child. Hard life makes some out to be....., no drugs on Ronald......irregardless of the lifestyle any of us live, it does not change, allow or excuse a parent in his/her responsibilities of keeping his children safe. As for Ronald, I never said he had drugs. I stated that he left his two children with a teenager who had been on an alledged drug binge which took place the entire weekend. One simple nap doesn't make one who is suffering from drug abuse to become normal. If anything DT's will start showing. Fact is Ronald knew what Misty had been up to, Fact is Ronald chose to leave his children with her in spite of his knowledge of what she had been up to that weekend. Fact is at some point that night Ronald and Misty argued over the phone. Fact is Ronald made numerous calls to Misty and her family. Why was he so frantic to get in touch with her? Why didn't he leave his children with one of his own family members? Again, that's not judging it's basic parenting 101

Novice Seeker

Novice you make very good points and I"m in agreement with you. Jersey Girl says he made the best decisions he could but they were not good enough and that does not make his decisions right. In fact, his decisions were very wrong and the penalty is that his child is gone and probably for good. We have to have an open mind, but we also have to realize that there
are consequences to our decisions and if we make the wrong one, they can be painful. I have no pass for Ron, what he did was obscene, without any redeeming qualities, he should accept the brunt of responsibility, not because I'm throwing rocks at him. But because Haleigh has paid dearly with her life. There is no excuse for Ron leaving those childrens with Misty, none at all. JMO

The Putnam County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in identifying a woman who left a tip about the HaLeigh Cummings case at The St. Augustine Record on Wednesday.

The blonde woman, wearing blue scrubs, dropped an envelope off at the paper at 3 p.m., then quickly left the building.

Those with information about the woman in the video should call the Crimestoppers tip line at (888) 277-8477 or the Sheriff’s Office at (386) 329-0808.

http://news.staugustine.com/news/2009/09/24/jailhouse-letter-adds-new-wrinkle-in-haleigh-case/

LLL, this is going to get lost in this thread IMHO.

Also IMHO this could be very important. Given that the PCSO is asking for information.

Perhaps you could start a thread for it? Please?

Then our gifted members can pull stills from it and enhance them to the extent they might be recognizable to the many ppl that read here, members and guests.

I see LLL is offline. LLL I'm going to start a thread with your post. Thank you, and the thanks should go to you for bringing that to us.

Novice you make very good points and I"m in agreement with you. Jersey Girl says he made the best decisions he could but they were not good enough and that does not make his decisions right. In fact, his decisions were very wrong and the penalty is that his child is gone and probably for good. We have to have an open mind, but we also have to realize that there
are consequences to our decisions and if we make the wrong one, they can be painful. I have no pass for Ron, what he did was obscene, without any redeeming qualities, he should accept the brunt of responsibility, not because I'm throwing rocks at him. But because Haleigh has paid dearly with her life. There is no excuse for Ron leaving those childrens with Misty, none at all. JMO

Wait a minute. I never said he made the best decision he could...If so, that's definitely not how it was meant to be taken. I'm trying to say that given his circumstances, given the way he's lived his life, giving everything surrounding him - he may have thought he was making good decisions. That's what I'm saying. Please don''t say I'm suggesting he did in fact make sound wise choices/decisions. That's not what I've inferred at all. I have no desire to be on Ron's side or Crystal's side. I personally don't think that get's anybody anywhere, mpo. I can understand why they've both made some of the decisions they have, doesn;t mean I agree with them. I'm not here to judge them. I chime in on this forum b/c I think it's incredibly wonderful, set up well, and full of educated guesses...everything being discussed to help a victim of some sort. I'm only lending different perspectives. I don't care to be thrown into some stupid mix of this person should have done this or they should have done that. These are people that live a different kind of life than I do. I don't judge them harshly b/c it does nothing to help find Haleigh, imo. I'll save all the judging for after she's found...then follow with praying b/c I really believe she won''t be found alive. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions...one is not better than the other. I feel for this little girl, feel as though she never had a chance when I first learned of her story. Then I read more into it and feel as though she was loved by both of her parents, no matter what anybody says - that's my opinion. People are born into this world with all kinds of backgrounds. Sometimes their parents aren't the most kosher individuals. What can ya do? Nothing. Especially when the parents attempt to get their lives together. I would think that would be a good thing. If Ron was still doing drugs, which I happened to have said in the beginning, then I'll be one of the first to give him the evil eye. If not, then kudos for trying to get his life together. Same goes for Crystal.

Let me be clear on this - I never would ever agree with the choices either one of these parents have made. I don't walk in their shoes, though, so all I can do is try to understand. Isn't that how we learn? If this man is innocent, as well as Crystal, and Haleigh turns up deceased - I would never ever wish them any harm. I'd hope & pray they'd be able to get their lives together and attemot to pick up the pieces. May peace be with them. Lord knows they're gonna need it after all this.

In this letter it talks about White boy Greg and Misty partying. And I read a article where Greg talks about meeting Misty and having sex with her, being questioned by police and also wishing he never met her. So I really wonder if this could be a real theory. I think this is the one to really watch, it could be something.

How did Cobra really get a copy of the letter since the jail intercepted it before it was every mailed? That means Donnie S. didn't get the letter from Nay Nay..

Jailhouse letter about Haleigh case revealed

Contributor.jpg
Reported by: Ilyssa Trussel
Email: itrussel@ActionNewsJax.com
Last Update: 7:01 pm

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Every piece of mail that goes through the Putnam County jail is screened by the corrections department.
One of those letters that was screened was written by Kristina Prevatt, a friend of Misty Croslin-Cummings, who goes by the nickname, Nay Nay.
The jail director told Action News the corrections department intercepted the letter because it contained the word Haleigh.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...igh-case-revealed/zRoTNAbDikutk3i1JJQV_Q.cspx

I agree. Misty's hair is quite long. They could probably do some testing on it now and get an idea what she was using even though it's been 7 months.

Then again, maybe they have done testing, but aren't releasing the results just yet. Misty having drugs in her system wouldn't automatically prove her guilt regarding Haleigh's disappearance.

If I'm not mistaken (there's a chance that I am) they wouldn't be able to run drug testing on her hair with a warrant.

In order to get a warrant they would have to present probable cause.

I'm not arguing that it would be great if they did, it's just that 1. I don't know if they obtained a warrant for her hair 2. I'm not sure they have had probable cause to do that.

Our perception of what is right and wrong and what MC has done, isn't enough to get a warrant or to show probable cause KWIM?

Wait a minute. I never said he made the best decision he could...If so, that's definitely not how it was meant to be taken. I'm trying to say that given his circumstances, given the way he's lived his life, giving everything surrounding him - he may have thought he was making good decisions. That's what I'm saying. Please don''t say I'm suggesting he did in fact make sound wise choices/decisions. That's not what I've inferred at all. I have no desire to be on Ron's side or Crystal's side. I personally don't think that get's anybody anywhere, mpo. I can understand why they've both made some of the decisions they have, doesn;t mean I agree with them. I'm not here to judge them. I chime in on this forum b/c I think it's incredibly wonderful, set up well, and full of educated guesses...everything being discussed to help a victim of some sort. I'm only lending different perspectives. I don't care to be thrown into some stupid mix of this person should have done this or they should have done that. These are people that live a different kind of life than I do. I don't judge them harshly b/c it does nothing to help find Haleigh, imo. I'll save all the judging for after she's found...then follow with praying b/c I really believe she won''t be found alive. Everybody's entitled to their own opinions...one is not better than the other. I feel for this little girl, feel as though she never had a chance when I first learned of her story. Then I read more into it and feel as though she was loved by both of her parents, no matter what anybody says - that's my opinion. People are born into this world with all kinds of backgrounds. Sometimes their parents aren't the most kosher individuals. What can ya do? Nothing. Especially when the parents attempt to get their lives together. I would think that would be a good thing. If Ron was still doing drugs, which I happened to have said in the beginning, then I'll be one of the first to give him the evil eye. If not, then kudos for trying to get his life together. Same goes for Crystal.

Let me be clear on this - I never would ever agree with the choices either one of these parents have made. I don't walk in their shoes, though, so all I can do is try to understand. Isn't that how we learn? If this man is innocent, as well as Crystal, and Haleigh turns up deceased - I would never ever wish them any harm. I'd hope & pray they'd be able to get their lives together and attemot to pick up the pieces. May peace be with them. Lord knows they're gonna need it after all this.

A beautiful post jerseygirl.

I hope you don't mind parts I bolded that were especially touching to me.

Not directed at JG's post.

Everyone here is making educated guesses as to what may have happened to Haleigh and where she might be.

If any poster here knows what happened to her and knows where she is and is not making educated guesses...then get yourself to the LE office please. And also if you do you scare me. Thank you very much.

Since we are going on opinions yes each and every person here who posts opinion is valued.

IMHO if we see something that we disagree with and if civil discourse or debate fails to persuade another of our own opinion we need to step away from the crime board.

Yes step away. Because no one here has the answers. Not right now.

Just my humble opinon, that everyone is entitled to their own opinon without having to defend it or support it. I could type more and to the point but I happen to know what our TOS is here and I'm toeing that line as it is...

YouTube - Haleigh Cummings Mother Crystal Sheffield on Geraldo Part 1 starts around 5:30 or so I think

That is the clip of part of the 911 tape and the part about had nothing to do with this isnt part of the 911 call it is clips from interviews that start right after the 911 call clip - it is a clip from the interview were RC states she didnt have anything to do with it - clip of Mistys interview talking about putting to bed at 8 pm etc - it is not the 911 call.

How did Cobra really get a copy of the letter since the jail intercepted it before it was every mailed? That means Donnie S. didn't get the letter from Nay Nay..

Jailhouse letter about Haleigh case revealed

Contributor.jpg
Reported by: Ilyssa Trussel
Email: itrussel@ActionNewsJax.com
Last Update: 7:01 pm

PUTNAM COUNTY, Fla. -- Every piece of mail that goes through the Putnam County jail is screened by the corrections department.
One of those letters that was screened was written by Kristina Prevatt, a friend of Misty Croslin-Cummings, who goes by the nickname, Nay Nay.
The jail director told Action News the corrections department intercepted the letter because it contained the word Haleigh.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/conten...igh-case-revealed/zRoTNAbDikutk3i1JJQV_Q.cspx

Does this mean someone inside the case in LE is giving out leaks to Cobra and others? Just like we have Jeff Hardy admitting on tape when asked about giving forensic evidence about the case to Crystals attorney Kim Picazzio and he condoned it by saying, "They can give out any information they choose if it draws a case to a logical conclusion" :waitasec: No one is even charged yet. It was in the beginnings of the investigation, everyone was a suspect, especially the bio parents, for they are always top poi's til LE goes outward. Crazy I tell ya. :croc:

I can see why they aren't paying much attention to the letter. Nay Nay said that the police told her that's what Joe said went on, not that she told them. She denied it to her boyfriend. Also, I can't imagine WBG wanting to hook up again with MC right away after partying with her all weekend long. He probably knew lots of women and was tired, and tired of her after 3 days.

Go back and read the letter carefully. The letter in question is nothing new to LE. In fact it is an attempt by one of the players named to gin up an alibi and convince someone that things did not happen a specific way.

As far as LE is concerned the letter is garbage. All it does is cry about whatever Joe might be telling LE and to try and get an alibi in place for Naynay. LE doesn't need or want this letter. They have Joe, with apparently compelling testimony and a sworn affidavit. I suspect that the letter only lightly touches on what was included in that. But that testimony from Joe and that affidavit is what prompted them to start draining the pond. Long before Naynay's letter was in play.

In fact the letter itself is just complete junk, beyond giving us all a small taste of what they are going after. However watching some the various interplay around the letter says alot. Naynay was shown the signed afidavit, at which point she freaks and writes the letter. Donnie gets the letter essentially looking for an alibi from him, and hands it off to anyone to get him out of involvement in this. He chooses not to be an alibi and instead gets it to somebodies mother then Cobra. So there are some rather fascinating signs of reaction as the assorted "players" come in contact with the information.

Go back and read the letter carefully. The letter in question is nothing new to LE. In fact it is an attempt by one of the players named to gin up an alibi and convince someone that things did not happen a specific way.

As far as LE is concerned the letter is garbage. All it does is cry about whatever Joe might be telling LE and to try and get an alibi in place for Naynay. LE doesn't need or want this letter. They have Joe, with apparently compelling testimony and a sworn affidavit. I suspect that the letter only lightly touches on what was included in that. But that testimony from Joe and that affidavit is what prompted them to start draining the pond. Long before Naynay's letter was in play.

In fact the letter itself is just complete junk, beyond giving us all a small taste of what they are going after. However watching some the various interplay around the letter says alot. Naynay was shown the signed afidavit, at which point she freaks and writes the letter. Donnie gets the letter essentially looking for an alibi from him, and hands it off to anyone to get him out of involvement in this. He chooses not to be an alibi and instead gets it to somebodies mother then Cobra. So there are some rather fascinating signs of reaction as the assorted "players" come in contact with the information.

Great, well written post that I can get along with, faefrost. I agree 100 percent. Nay, Nay clearly wants two things with this letter - Send her money and back up her alibi.
jmo

Donnie should have kept that letter, given that he didn't want to give it to Cobra, to begin with. BUT, he didn't and Cobra got his hands on it (from the mother) and ran right to the one place he could get attention: people that would sensationalize it on a journalistic level, without first digging around and seeking out the validity of the info in the letter. This case has become more and more about the drama, and less about Haleigh, it seems. While I don't like the "we don't care" response from LE, I get it.

I put this whole letter drama mess on Cobra's back... it is like he is looking for anyway to get back into the gist of things in the case. Enough is enough... I wish the man would go away.

I guess they've been looking for a live Haleigh in fields and ponds? Well heck, it doesn't sound like LE has much searched for a live Haleigh much either. What's a person supposed to think? The recent comments er lies, and basic attitude by Ryan have me scratching my head. IMO, he's bound and determined to make us think the sky is red even though we all know the sky is blue. Why????

"Basically, because of this irresponsible journalism, they killed this little girl off in the media," Ryan said. "We're still of the mindset that this child is alive, and we're going to continue to pursue it as such until we know. Otherwise, frankly, it's perpetuating more drama."

I guess it's not the letter that I'm concerned about, but more of Ryan's mindset and comments about it and other things.

So, should we simply overlook what LE has that led them to believe Misty is involved? Those lie detector test, yeah all 4 probably, were malfunctioning and the voice analysis...just junk science:twocents:

Novice Seeker

No, it should be taken together with all of the evidence to draw a conclusion on.

I was expressing my own personal opinion.

ok so this is a little hard for me but here goes.

3 years ago I was addicted to OC, at first when I started abusing, you could tell I was under the influence, my eyes, my face, my reaction time, way off! After a year of that, no one could tell. No one ever asked me what was wrong. I could go to job interviews ect doped to heck and back! All i'm saying is, by the time she's panicking (Misty) about Haleigh, sobriety can come fast, also, if your a hardcore user, you may NOT give the outward appearance of someone under the influence.

That being said, I was also thinking along the lines of, they are out (misty, haleigh, and Jr) and Haleigh starts whining, or crying, or just throwing a tantrum, who knows. Maybe misty (not thinking already ON the drugs) gave her 1/2 of a pill to calm her down.

Those pills are so so SO powerful (even at the smallest dosage) that it would not surprise me someone of her weight and tolerance (haleigh) would have an adverse reaction.

I really hope we get to the bottom of this, Poor Haleigh!

Angel, your courage in writing your experience with this drug is applauded. Thanks for sharing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cevans
Back