All Casey Cell Phone LOGS and PINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that a ping could be detected even though the phone was not in use. A woman went missing here a year and a half ago and she was found because her cell phone "pings" directed them in the right direction. The phone had not been used as she was found dead by a creek off a dirt road.

Oh - so it was a map of the cell phone towers...not the pings?

Seriously, you are right in your post #13, she did not have to be talking for the cell to ping.. Also one thing especially in major metropolitan areas such as Orlando, there are going to be many, many, many cell towers in close proximity (sp?) So, the ping will transfer from one tower to the next to the next.. IF the person is moving about such as in a car driving. So if she was stationary , ie, like doing something in one spot by the airport, the ping wouldn't necessarily go from 1 tower to another.. So hmmm, wonder if her ping was still for 30 mins/1 hr??? Doubt w/ the major cell provider that she had and being by a major airport, the odds of being in any "dead spots" are almost zero. (I work for major provider though not the one she has) I still keep wondering about that da... missing phone though..:( Keep thinking it may have played a part in the days when Caylee went missing and "whatever" she did with her..

Does anyone know (may have already been posted) what day in particular the "ping records" the LE is focused on? I would assume it is between 6/15/08 and the date the car was towed but was wondering if an exact date has ever been given by LE?

This is in ref to Amberjacks comment above - I was looking on google street view maps before [not being sure which airport they were talking abt] but the Orlando Executive Airport is on a main street called Herndon Ave abt 3mi from the Amscot where the car was left.... I found this regarding the area biz's.... [no idea how old list is] Most of them pertain to like aircraft / aviation stuff, Four [4] of them on the list share a common film / studio theme & address.... dunno if this is important or not but wasn't somebody an amateur film / photography person or studying that or something...?

http://www.un.minsk.by/orlando-florida-herndon-ave.htm

This is in ref to Amberjacks comment above - I was looking on google street view maps before [not being sure which airport they were talking abt] but the Orlando Executive Airport is on a main street called Herndon Ave abt 3mi from the Amscot where the car was left.... I found this regarding the area biz's.... [no idea how old list is] Most of them pertain to like aircraft / aviation stuff, Four [4] of them on the list share a common film / studio theme & address.... dunno if this is important or not but wasn't somebody an amateur film / photography person or studying that or something...?

http://www.un.minsk.by/orlando-florida-herndon-ave.htm

KC's hobby was photography...

Hey TxRose, you can pull up map, locations of the actual cell sites but that doesn't help "regular people" like us! Only will show where they are not which one the ph "pinged" from only LE with a subpenoa for the records would know exactly which of the towers it was.. Also major companies have roaming agreements with each other so it could even be a ping off a tower that didn't even belong to the cell provider casey uses but the records would still be available to LE. The LE NO doubt has WAY more info than lil ms casey thinks.. :)

If I understood correctly, the cell ping map was flashed briefly on-screen on the NG show within the last several days.

I searched the media links thread and came up empty. Not because the clip isn't there, but, because it wasn't obvious to me which one it was if it was there.

Did anyone get a screenshot of the cell ping map they can share?

Thanks.

I need the ping map. Please PM me if anyone has it. [Not interested in the searched areas map though.]

There has been a lot of controversy on this because of reasons I'd rather not mention in case the defense is reading.

However, You DO NOT have to be making a call in order for the cell to ping the towers. In fact, lots of companies don't want to admit this but the phone does not even have to be ON!! LE has the ability, with a warrant, not only to get your ping records, but in the past have used cell phones to listen in on conversations of people that they believe to be criminals. As with the pings, the phone does not even have to be on. They can take a phone that is not on and turn on your speaker phone and listen to the conversations that you are having in the room, not just on the phone. LE often uses this feature on ONstar as well. It is like walking around with a microphone on you at all times. The only way to stop it is to turn the phone off AND TAKE THE BATTERY OUT!!

There has been a lot of controversy on this because of reasons I'd rather not mention in case the defense is reading.

However, You DO NOT have to be making a call in order for the cell to ping the towers. In fact, lots of companies don't want to admit this but the phone does not even have to be ON!! LE has the ability, with a warrant, not only to get your ping records, but in the past have used cell phones to listen in on conversations of people that they believe to be criminals. As with the pings, the phone does not even have to be on. They can take a phone that is not on and turn on your speaker phone and listen to the conversations that you are having in the room, not just on the phone. LE often uses this feature on ONstar as well. It is like walking around with a microphone on you at all times. The only way to stop it is to turn the phone off AND TAKE THE BATTERY OUT!!

Nods. You are totally correct. :)

If they are found to have been in the same remote locations as KC..This could be very telling.....IMO

I agree.They should ping their phones. Better yet...whose to say Casey didn't pick up one of their phones and use it one day. Like George and Cindy would tell anyone that. Like George and Cindy would ever tell the truth!!

I was looking at the LAT/LON of some of Casey's pings around the time Caylee went missing on mapquest. I know the cops have this and they have said that by these they can pretty much tell everywhere Casey was around that time. As far as I know none of this has been released to the public.

What I am getting at is this. I was going to try and map all of the pings out on a map for us. However the only site I seen you can map by LAT/LON is Mapquest and you can only look up one place at a time there (can't add multiple markers) .. Frappr map you can but only in degrees, not decimals. So what I am asking for is some help.

Does anyone either know of a map place that I can mark multiple locations by LAT/LONG?

If we can find a place either I will go and map it all out, or if others are willing to help we can all take a specific date (june15-june27) and add the markers for that date. Would be much faster to do it like that.

Either way, does anyone know of a place I could map this out at?

I thought the photo of the mapped pings I saw (on NG?)was in Google maps.

Wyatt said tonight that a map of the pings would help them immensely in deciding where to search. They are looking for a needle in a haystack right now.....

I was looking at the LAT/LON of some of Casey's pings around the time Caylee went missing on mapquest. I know the cops have this and they have said that by these they can pretty much tell everywhere Casey was around that time. As far as I know none of this has been released to the public.

What I am getting at is this. I was going to try and map all of the pings out on a map for us. However the only site I seen you can map by LAT/LON is Mapquest and you can only look up one place at a time there (can't add multiple markers) .. Frappr map you can but only in degrees, not decimals. So what I am asking for is some help.

Does anyone either know of a map place that I can mark multiple locations by LAT/LONG?

If we can find a place either I will go and map it all out, or if others are willing to help we can all take a specific date (june15-june27) and add the markers for that date. Would be much faster to do it like that.

Either way, does anyone know of a place I could map this out at?

I thought the photo of the mapped pings I saw (on NG?)was in Google maps.

Really? I seen a map somewhere I thought but it was just on video and didn't know if it was really out there or if it had the times the pings were pinged. That would be much easier if it's already there. :p

Wyatt said tonight that a map of the pings would help them immensely in deciding where to search. They are looking for a needle in a haystack right now.....

Where are you getting the LON/LAT's of her pings? Do you have a link? I didn't know that info was available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998