All Texas Equusearch-Related Filings #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
MN is too experinced for Baez to go head to head with, MN will wipe the courtroom with him. Heck, everyone on the State's side has so much more experience than any of those "dream team" attorney's KC has.

I don't understand why Judge Strickland hasn't put any sanctions on Baez for his outright lies in the courtroom. He points fingers at everyone, yet his motions could probably been written better if a kindergartner wrote them. I have a feeling he doesn't even read the documents the state hands him. How many times has LDB told the judge, Baez got such and such on this date!

I don't understand how this man teaches law students. Florida need to watch out for any attorney's who were educated under Baez...IMO.

I cringe everytime I hear Baez state, my client is 100% innocent. When she is acquitted! He stated this even as KC was being sentenced for her fraud charges. I don't know why the state doesn't stop him dead in his tracks when he states this. He still hasn't handed over his discovery to back up his claim of innocence. What is he waiting for? :waitasec:

"Counsel for the defense was overly broad as it relates to materiality. You have already denied their request once because it was done inappropriately. Now they have come in and done a new motion. It is still done inappropriately.

The request made by counsel is absurd.
I am being overly generous in my characterization of that.": Mark Nejame to the judge.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7LsKP77ycw[/ame]

My favorite line here: "I am being OVERLY GENEROUS IN MY CHARACTERIZATION" , Mr. Nejame argued to the judge regarding the defense.[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5IrzGBLLjg[/ame]

They can't get Baez replaced and their arrogance once again, shines through. KC is in charge, remember??? Only KC can make that determination to replace her attorney and IMO, she will not replace Baez. He is enabling KC, so he took over where mom left off! Where does this family come from???

Baez is a lazy lawyer, IMO. He'll send people to be deposed out of state but hasn't done any depos since, what, last summer? He has a long way to go but is stuttering over the little things that make no sense to me. His digging up dirt on RK, shows me, he hasn't a leg to stand on and is approaching this all wrong. But that's KC's choice and I feel she feels very comfortable with Baez and Co, especially with this innocence and acquittals being spouted to the court, she must feel Baez will get her acquitted. :furious:

You hit the nail on the head -- he is enabling her and she loves it. It feels "normal" and "good" to her because her family has enabled her for her whole life.

Baez really should be more careful, because the message I'm getting from his not deposing anyone is that he thinks she is guilty and has been trying to get her to plea, but she won't. If he thinks she is guilty and believes she will be found guilty by a jury, why would he want to spend the money that the defense does not have to do depositions? I'm guessing this money might have to come out of his own pocket. Maybe that person in Connecticut stopped sending the checks?

I would hope not, but then again how many times did it take him to pass the bar?

He passed the first time. He had "other issues", like not paying child support while driving expensive cars, that caused the bar to prevent him from practicing for, IIRC, eight years.

Wait. Whoa. Hold the phone. This is dated Feb 26 2010. It says these additional records were just recently obtained when OCSO members went to Texas to interview Tim.

I missed something. When and why did OCSO members go to Texas and interview Tim?

Anybody have a link handy that 'splains it? I've been busy with Gabriel Johnson and although I keep reading here to keep up, it looks like this slipped by me.

ETA: Could this be the evidence the State is holding?

Bean E.....I am guessing here

When Mr. Jordon felt compelled to record a conversation with the defense team and hurry it over to Mrs. Drane-Burdick ( through LE ) in the words of our beloved Valhall....the hinky meter broke.
It seems that when Mr. Jordon was interviewed, they let him know they could not listen to that recording ( eventually requested it be sealed..the judge so ordered), however they did gleam from him information about his concerns.
It was likely pointed out to him that some of the other folks, Mr. Ipson, for example, that may have been the folks Mr. Jordan searched with...have given sworn statements that indeed that particular area was under water. Having his memory refreshed, and not feeling duress from the defense team..if he did.. he gave a statement that contradicts or clarifies his written statement the defense had attached in an exhibit to the court in their motion.

Much like the way the Jesse history...it all started when he was a baby....his employment records in great detail, etc. were released by the state, I believe they are releasing a mother load of proof to put to bed the argument the defense is making that the baby's remains were not in those woods until Casey was jailed.

One would imagine...LE received a call that requested they start at page one on the TES file...review, review, review...leave no stone unturned. Let us know if we need to subpoena anyone new, re interview Mr. Miller. Sure this up.

So they visited Mr. Miller recently and in his humble office he has indeed one volunteer that is the clerk. While they were there...Mr. Miller discovered a few more documents that detail other searches ( no where near the remains spot, apparently ) and in keeping with his honor and the order for the court he provided them. Mr. Nejame, understanding the ongoing order ...wanted to file it for the record that this took place because he knows this is his responsibility. The point he makes is since the defense made their appointment six months ago to come to his office and have yet to arrive.....there is no harm to Miss Anthony that these documents were not in those boxes for them to review, and furthermore...they do not relate to the exact area in question.

Mr. Casey could take a lesson from Mr.Miller and Mr. Nejame....when LE asks you as questions, you are to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth....and if you should later learn you have more to complete that whole truth...you offer it up at once.

Not that he is a credible source, but LP mentioned on NG recently that Kronk's other would be impeachment witnesses are afraid and avoiding being contacted by the defense . I assume they saw the treatment Miss Kerlye wound up with. Because Mr. Jordan had such a visceral reaction to the defense team's methods....I am guessing he is not the only one that Mrs. Drane-Burdick has received a complaint through LE from.

In the documents that were recently released to the defense Mr. Miller's interview is included. I look forward to reading it. He has made many public comments that the area, was under water and in an abundance of caution he called off the search. What he hasn't discussed publicly, that may be in this interview is what if any contact he had from the defense team that he too found hinky.
O/T God bless Mrs. Miller and their family.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1XhJhCVSyw[/ame]

Our own Mr. Hornsby: " The state is preparing their rebuttal case. "

After the defense has put on their case..the searchers that may claim they searched and the remains were not there..."The prosecution is going to come back with their rebuttal and just destroy them....demonstrate that their witnesses with showing that they are misleading, were dishonest or just plain wrong about what they remember, " Mr. Hornsby said.

Part of what is being released is a phone message from J. Jordan, interviews from several TES volunteers including Mr. Jordan. I am speaking here of the documents released to the defense recently not what the state is holding sealed for now.WFTV reported on their 5 pm newscast last night that the latest documents would be released to media/public on Wednesday March 10th.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHlPVJEabU[/ame]
Thank you, much love and respect to all of our members that helped in the search and all of you who donated to help. You are angels, all of you. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-P2NEQz17s[/ame]

"We don't want to do more work than we need to" Mrs. Lyon argued last August. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYXZ_GSPyk0[/ame]

August of last year and still we have no defense list and no such proof.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj2O5sZj_uU[/ame]

A very animated Todd arguing to Judge Strickland:
"This is a capitol murder case. She has the right to interview witnesses, to take depositions.
In fact, since it is a death penalty case... under the ABA rules, it is incumbent upon us as her counsel to fully investigate and interview every potential witness. I submit to you , Your Honor, that these Equusearch witnesses and Mr. Miller are critical evidence in the defense of this case!"

This argument is from their side!!!!

After watching this hearing what strikes me as interesting is that neither Jose, Andrea or Todd understand the basic problem....they keep offering to copy the records,they cannot do so. Mr. Nejame argued, AND THE JUDGE DID CONCUR, that they could REVIEW WITHOUT COPYING the documents, then if and ONLY if they found some other searches they felt were relevant...all parties would convene with the judge in camera ( in private) and THE JUDGE WOULD DECIDE IF THEY WERE RELEVANT. Hearing after hearing, motion after motion the defense keeps requesting the same thing....and the judge has already ruled on this. Reviewing documents in a lawyers office is not uncommon. Surely Todd, Jose and Andrea understand the concept and the judge's ruling. What makes them think if they ask enough times he will change the ruling? Remember when you were a kid and your mom told you no means no and if you ask me again I will give you something to cry about?

Wait. Whoa. Hold the phone. This is dated Feb 26 2010. It says these additional records were just recently obtained when OCSO members went to Texas to interview Tim.

I missed something. When and why did OCSO members go to Texas and interview Tim?

Anybody have a link handy that 'splains it? I've been busy with Gabriel Johnson and although I keep reading here to keep up, it looks like this slipped by me.

ETA: Could this be the evidence the State is holding?

NeJame does state in the motion that the search records were obtained by Orange County LE and that the State is honoring its discovery obligations and is turning the documents over to the Defense.

It could be a coincidence or LE did uncover additional information/evidence during this interview and Tim's search of his office.

From what I gather form this motion is that TES office in Texas found additional searchers but that none of these searchers were in the immediate area where Caylee's remains were found.

Mr NeJame now has these files in his office and the State Prosecutors and Baez are still invited over to inspect these new documents.

Perhaps these are the people the defense put forward who search the area of Caylee's remains ON THEIR OWN. Just a guess.

[snip]
What makes them think if they ask enough times he will change the ruling? Remember when you were a kid and your mom told you no means no and if you ask me again I will give you something to cry about?

Respectfully snipped.

The catch-22 is, JB/AL et al do NOT want to go to MN's office and review the TES records .... they want multiple copies to hand them out as assignments in class to AL's students. That's the real issue.

Your homework assignment for this month is to ........

No way will she ever plead guilty to killing Caylee!!! She will take this all the way to the end of the hallway just like she did at Universal, and then claim she is a victim.... but she will never admit guilt, NOt to this!

:waitasec: I am not so sure.

I do think KC will take this all the way to the end of the hallway but, like she did at Universal she will turn around and have no alternative than to admit ..... that is what I think is in play -- as to what and at what price?

I wish we knew how many records we're talking about here. It makes me feel a bit uncomfortable that MN didn't come right out say the number. Not that I think that any number (even the full 4,000) would contain any beneficial information for the defense, but if it's 700 and MN is trying to float the impression that it's 15 ~ I wouldn't like that. I'm thinking MN is above that kind of pretense but I've been so wrong so many times before that I'm bracing myself.

Bean E.....I am guessing here

When Mr. Jordon felt compelled to record a conversation with the defense team and hurry it over to Mrs. Drane-Burdick ( through LE ) in the words of our beloved Valhall....the hinky meter broke.
It seems that when Mr. Jordon was interviewed, they let him know they could not listen to that recording ( eventually requested it be sealed..the judge so ordered), however they did gleam from him information about his concerns.
It was likely pointed out to him that some of the other folks, Mr. Ipson, for example, that may have been the folks Mr. Jordan searched with...have given sworn statements that indeed that particular area was under water. Having his memory refreshed, and not feeling duress from the defense team..if he did.. he gave a statement that contradicts or clarifies his written statement the defense had attached in an exhibit to the court in their motion.

Much like the way the Jesse history...it all started when he was a baby....his employment records in great detail, etc. were released by the state, I believe they are releasing a mother load of proof to put to bed the argument the defense is making that the baby's remains were not in those woods until Casey was jailed.

One would imagine...LE received a call that requested they start at page one on the TES file...review, review, review...leave no stone unturned. Let us know if we need to subpoena anyone new, re interview Mr. Miller. Sure this up.

So they visited Mr. Miller recently and in his humble office he has indeed one volunteer that is the clerk. While they were there...Mr. Miller discovered a few more documents that detail other searches ( no where near the remains spot, apparently ) and in keeping with his honor and the order for the court he provided them. Mr. Nejame, understanding the ongoing order ...wanted to file it for the record that this took place because he knows this is his responsibility. The point he makes is since the defense made their appointment six months ago to come to his office and have yet to arrive.....there is no harm to Miss Anthony that these documents were not in those boxes for them to review, and furthermore...they do not relate to the exact area in question.

Mr. Casey could take a lesson from Mr.Miller and Mr. Nejame....when LE asks you as questions, you are to tell the truth, the whole truth, nothing but the truth....and if you should later learn you have more to complete that whole truth...you offer it up at once.

Not that he is a credible source, but LP mentioned on NG recently that Kronk's other would be impeachment witnesses are afraid and avoiding being contacted by the defense . I assume they saw the treatment Miss Kerlye wound up with. Because Mr. Jordan had such a visceral reaction to the defense team's methods....I am guessing he is not the only one that Mrs. Drane-Burdick has received a complaint through LE from.

In the documents that were recently released to the defense Mr. Miller's interview is included. I look forward to reading it. He has made many public comments that the area, was under water and in an abundance of caution he called off the search. What he hasn't discussed publicly, that may be in this interview is what if any contact he had from the defense team that he too found hinky.
O/T God bless Mrs. Miller and their family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1XhJhCVSyw

Our own Mr. Hornsby: " The state is preparing their rebuttal case. "

After the defense has put on their case..the searchers that may claim they searched and the remains were not there..."The prosecution is going to come back with their rebuttal and just destroy them....demonstrate that their witnesses with showing that they are misleading, were dishonest or just plain wrong about what they remember, " Mr. Hornsby said.

Part of what is being released is a phone message from J. Jordan, interviews from several TES volunteers including Mr. Jordan. I am speaking here of the documents released to the defense recently not what the state is holding sealed for now.WFTV reported on their 5 pm newscast last night that the latest documents would be released to media/public on Wednesday March 10th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raHlPVJEabU
Thank you, much love and respect to all of our members that helped in the search and all of you who donated to help. You are angels, all of you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-P2NEQz17s

BBM in red- sorry, TWA...haven't watched all the videos...but was it stated on the news that the phone message is being released?

Yes, indeed.
"Notice of Provision of Supplemental Discovery".From what I can make out: discovery documents pages 12420 -13078; interviews, photos, transcripts (2-1-10 - Cpl. Melich); John Bardley (Cacheback); Globe Photos - Ricardo Morales; Best Buy Surveillance 11-21-09 Re: Joy Wray (1 of 2); Best Buy Surveillance 10-30-09 Re: Joy Wray (2 of 2); Wray; FBI Enhanced Trunk Photos; Joe Jordan Phone recording - recorded on 10/28/09; Carol Conway & Jennifer Conway interviews 9-16-09; Tim Miller 12-12-09, Lisa Hoffman 12-12-09, Linda Tine??? 12-14-09; Daniel Ibison, Doug Reilly, Richard Creque, Tony Rovinsky (12-1?-09); Brett Churchill (8-21-09); Lori Cree 8-20-09 (digital recorded interview); Lori Cree 8-20-09; Joseph Jordan 11-5-09.

Mr. Hornsby was saying in the video what this appears to him is that the state has completed compiling its case in chief, and are now preparing to rebut the would be witnesses that the defense may bring to the stand to claim that the baby's remains were not there when they searched that specific area.

Yes, indeed. THAT AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE SIX TO TEN INTERVIEWS WITH SOME FOLKS WE KNOW TO BE TES VOLUNTEERS, MR. MILLER
someone named Wray
SOME VIDEO FROM INSIDE BEST BUY
PHOTOS RICARDO SOLD TO THE GLOBE
ENHANCED PHOTOS OF THE TRUNK FROM FBI

Mr. Hornsby was saying in the video what this appears to him is that the state has completed compiling its case in chief, and are now preparing to rebut the would be witnesses that the defense may bring to the stand to claim that the baby's remains were not there when they searched that specific area.

RBBM. You think they're the pink "trouble" shirt photos?

Wow. He can't even try to be deceitful. You're going to claim you got no access when you made an appointment and canceled it? How ridiculous is he for that? I mean seriously!

Even if he knew there was nothing there, he shouldn't go ON RECORD making an appointment and canceling it! Good Lord, I didn't last but one year in law school and HE made it through and passed the bar? Where is the justice in THAT?

I swear, sometimes it seems like he's waiting for a My Cousin Vinny AHA! moment to happen to get Casey off. Sorry Baez. You ain't no Vinny Gambini, and AL is certainly NOT your Mona Lisa Vito.

LOL ... Vinny is a rocket scientist compared to Baez!

Wow, we were just talking these last few days about if one of the hold ups for the defense to go to Mr. Nejame's office could be partly to pay the fees up front...and why doesn't the defense just get on with it and ask to declare her indigent so we can get case going. Finally...they have done what I wish they would have long ago. Now....how many more months will it take them to examine these TES documents they have demanded for the last six months?:furious:

Wow, we were just talking these last few days about if one of the hold ups for the defense to go to Mr. Nejame's office could be partly to pay the fees up front...and why doesn't the defense just get on with it and ask to declare her indigent so we can get case going. Finally...they have done what I wish they would have long ago. Now....how many more months will it take them to examine these TES documents they have demanded for the last six months?:furious:

With the filing of KC being deemed indigent he did just that, TWA...He will now wait for JSS to okay his motion and then on to pick up his documents. LOL. This is so funny that most everyone here has this team pegged. Knew it was money issues..but then Baez goes and motion that MN didn't hand over what he was supposed to and the entire time, Baez just didn't have the money..OH what a team..LOL

Yes, indeed. THAT AND WHAT LOOKS LIKE SIX TO TEN INTERVIEWS WITH SOME FOLKS WE KNOW TO BE TES VOLUNTEERS, MR. MILLER
someone named Wray
SOME VIDEO FROM INSIDE BEST BUY
PHOTOS RICARDO SOLD TO THE GLOBE
ENHANCED PHOTOS OF THE TRUNK FROM FBI

That would be Joy Wray.

I guess the market for Caylee photos and memorabilia has tanked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni