All Things Heath Ledger - Thread No. 2

Jeana (DP)

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Let's try and keep our heads clear and focused on this thread and not read too much into one another's posts.

Thanks ya'll!!!!

I just adored Heath Ledger. I am so sad. Its such a loss to everyone and I send his family and those who loved him many prayers. I read today the director who spoke with him the night before he died said Heath was really depressed and missing matilda since he had not seen her over the Holidays which surprised me, anyway he said he was "Missing his Girl" That is heartbreaking.

No matter what the toxicology report shows, I will never believe that he meant to kill himself. If there was an overdose, I believe it was accidental.

If Heath was depressed, I truly hope he had friends and love ones he confided in.
Depression is a devastating and debilitating disease.
No one knows what depression is like unless they've been there.
May Heath rest in peace.

browneyes, ditto.

No matter what the toxicology report shows, I will never believe that he meant to kill himself. If there was an overdose, I believe it was accidental.
Hi Browneyes! :blowkiss:
I agree with you. I would be very surprised to hear that it was suicide since all he was talking about was how much he missed his daughter.

I'm with you, browneyes. While it wouldn't change my positive opinion of him one way or the other, I do not think this was a suicide.

That is how i feel too..I know I am speculating but I would not be at all surprised if there was only a small amount of drugs in Heath's system.I do not believe he intentionally killed himself.
I am not buying all the drug stories either....time will tell but there are so many people saying so many things in the press that a lot seems like fantasy to me.The only facts that are clear is that he suffered debilitating insomnia ,had flu and may have been depressed.

I'm anxious for this toxocology report. I have a feeling that the answer may be attributed to the ambien. I decided to read up on the drug. Generic name is Zolpidem.

First of all - the rolled up $20 bill. It's been speculated here that he might have been snorting his prescription drugs. From the article below: quote:Do not crush, chew, or break an extended-release tablet. Swallow the pill whole. It is specially made to release medicine slowly in the body. Breaking the pill would cause too much of the drug to be released at one time. ALSO, "An overdose of zolpidem can be fatal when it is taken together with other medications that can cause drowsiness." Valium and Xanax were reportedly found in his room. Both of these drugs have side effects of drowsiness. Plus, from the article - "Do not take other medicines that make you sleepy (such as cold medicine, pain medication, muscle relaxants, and medicine for depression or anxiety).

Lastly, Serious side effects of zolpidem - some of which describe Heath as reported:

worsening sleep problems;
depressed mood, thoughts of hurting yourself;
unusual risk-taking behavior, decreased inhibitions, no fear of danger;
aggression, feeling agitated
hallucinations, confusion, loss of personality.

I think the cause of Heath's problems and finally his death could be attributed to his use of Ambien.

http://www.drugs.com/Ambien/

Thanks Jilly...that has to be the most informative link I have read for ages....
If Heath was taking his 'other' anxiety medications as well then I think we are on to something.
I must admit that it seems crazy to me that he was on so many meds and logical that they may conflict..what was he thinking? Perhaps he was not taking them all at the time of his death,though.
I also heard antihistamines were found in his room..they can also render a person drowsy..
Could be that he was self medicating..
I must say that when I have taken Ambien in the past,it leaves me with a nasty hangover the next day..

Admittedly I haven't read the entire thread. I just wish they'd leave this poor family to grieve and stop flashing bulbs in their faces. If the poor man had insomnia that in itself could cause people to self medicate. Doctors can hand out numerous contradiciting medications especially if he had more than one Doctor. Kazz, antihistamines themselves can be dangerous when taking with certain medications. I've prayed this lovely man is resting in peace.

fake caller.

A cruel prankster pretending to be Heath Ledger's father has been caught on tape making a phone call to a US television station.
The same caller is believed to have contacted a number of A-list actors including Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Mel Gibson in the week after Ledger's death.

Meanwhile, Ledger's father Kim visited the apartment where his son died today.
Mr Ledger travelled to the apartment in an SUV that backed right up to its back door to give the grieving father as much privacy as possible/

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=373048

Heaths dad is still in the States:confused: ...maybe your theory about Heath being buried there is not an impossibility kazz.

fake caller.

A cruel prankster pretending to be Heath Ledger's father has been caught on tape making a phone call to a US television station.
The same caller is believed to have contacted a number of A-list actors including Tom Cruise, John Travolta and Mel Gibson in the week after Ledger's death.

Meanwhile, Ledger's father Kim visited the apartment where his son died today.
Mr Ledger travelled to the apartment in an SUV that backed right up to its back door to give the grieving father as much privacy as possible/]]

The parents are divorced, right? Maybe the father stayed stateside and the rest of the family went on to Australia.

Or maybe they buried him here, so Michelle and Matilda could visit the grave.

Thanks for the links CarpeDiem.......its just strange that his coffin was all crated up and ready to board the plane days ago and theres been no word here of his body arriving as yet.....it doesnt take that long to get here and I dont think the family would be able to keep it a secret no matter how hard they tried.

Can you imagine the jetlag of flying 20+ hours to get to NY from Perth, then to LA, then back to Perth in less than a week's time. (Michelle & Matilda flew in from Sweden) That would be insane! I just think mabe they are tying up loose ends here & regrouping before making that flight back home. Nobody likes funerals to drag out, but especially with a two year old, it is probably somewhat necessary in this case.

Can you imagine the jetlag of flying 20+ hours to get to NY from Perth, then to LA, then back to Perth in less than a week's time. (Michelle & Matilda flew in from Sweden) That would be insane! I just think mabe they are tying up loose ends here & regrouping before making that flight back home. Nobody likes funerals to drag out, but especially with a two year old, it is probably somewhat necessary in this case.
Heath is prpbably still in storage at Westwood , while his Dad attends to issues.I believe he said something about meeting the medical examiner in NY. As Heath has been enbalmed they have a bit of time to spare. When it is time to bring him home they will all leave from LA together....
I wonder who will pack up Heath's NY flat...maybe his agent or did he have a personal assistant?
I saw that he has a mahogany casket at vast expense...he deserves the best.
A bit crude to ask but I wonder if his Dad is paying for the funeral and all the expenses..if so, it is a costly business.
Heath would have had insurance to make movies though,would'nt he'
Poor family that long haul flight home is going to be so difficult.
But at least, he is with them and back in their arms for good.
I hope that they find comfort.

Thanks Jilly...that has to be the most informative link I have read for ages....
If Heath was taking his 'other' anxiety medications as well then I think we are on to something.
I must admit that it seems crazy to me that he was on so many meds and logical that they may conflict..what was he thinking? Perhaps he was not taking them all at the time of his death,though.
I also heard antihistamines were found in his room..they can also render a person drowsy..
Could be that he was self medicating..
I must say that when I have taken Ambien in the past,it leaves me with a nasty hangover the next day..

YW kazzbar. This sounds like a very dangerous drug. I hope you don't take it anymore.
When they say Zolpidem is a sedative, also called a hypnotic. It affects chemicals in your brain that may become unbalanced and cause sleep problems (insomnia) YET Zolpidem is used to treat insomnia:confused: It also says that it may be habit forming and that you shouldn't take it unless you have 7-8 hours to dedicate to sleeping. I wonder how much sleep Heath or anyone on the Batman movie were allotted. I would guess not much.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back