**all things zfg lawsuit merged **

Who is paying for this now thay she is indigent?

Excellent ? QB! I have been wondering the same thing! I don't think she is qualified for state help with this being a civil case!
Does anyone know the answer?? :waitasec:

Where's Richard Hornsby whe we need his opinion?? :dance:

:angel:

Hello WS :)

I forgot this judge wouldn't be the same judge on the murder trial. ( d.u.h. )

Excellent ? QB! I have been wondering the same thing! I don't think she is qualified for state help with this being a civil case!
Does anyone know the answer?? :waitasec:

Where's Richard Hornsby whe we need his opinion?? :dance:

:angel:

I know! I want him on speed dial!

AZLawyer answers this question on the Q&A lawyer thread.
Thanks AZ!
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5145816&postcount=741"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Legal questions for our VERIFIED lawyers on the board[/ame]

Thank you AZ, QB. ! :)

So, who is paying for Casey's civil case, if the state will not? She just automatically loses? How will that come about?

I feel like things that "regular" people would have happen to them in this case(the murder case and the civil case)just don't apply to Casey. I wish it was as simple as someone telling us the law and then we would see it happen.

I wish I could phrase this better but: why does it seem Casey "gets away" with so much? It has got to be the money factor.

I am so glad for the new judge(ETA: in the murder case), it is like coming out of a rabbit hole with him. He really seems to want to get this case on track. Now, with this hearing(and this judge)... I am back to feeling confused and frustrated.

:twocents:

http://www.wftv.com/news/23448637/detail.html

Posted: 12:47 pm EDT May 4, 2010
Updated: 2:37 pm EDT May 4, 2010

More Delays For Casey Anthony Civil Trial

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- During a pre-trial hearing Tuesday afternoon, a judge delayed the start date for the civil trial Casey Anthony is facing.

The trial had been scheduled for June 14, but because of things not being completed, rulings still awaiting decisions and more information to review, both parties said they would not be ready for the June date.

Instead, the judge said that the trial wouldn’t start until the first quarter of next year, but a date has not been set.

WFTV reported on the defamation lawsuit filed by a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez. She's suing Casey Anthony for claiming a babysitter with her name, was responsible for Caylee Anthony’s disappearance.

I have a feeling this judge is going to be a disaster. There is no conceivable reason to wait another full year for this. What a ridiculous situation for Zenaida. Why not just posptone everything in this case until 2050. Seriously, time has no meaning in the legal system right??

I just read on a different site that KC has a counter suit in the civil trial. Is this true?

I have a feeling this judge is going to be a disaster. There is no conceivable reason to wait another full year for this. What a ridiculous situation for Zenaida. Why not just posptone everything in this case until 2050. Seriously, time has no meaning in the legal system right??

Maybe Zenaida will complain and ask for a new judge. JS has been doing civil trials for awhile now. Wouldn't that be funny????? jmo

Maybe Zenaida will complain and ask for a new judge. JS has been doing civil trials for awhile now. Wouldn't that be funny????? jmo

OOOOH- good one! Now that would be poetic justice... :dance:

ROFL. That would be the biggest case of Karma biting someone in the butt I have ever seen if it happens. Oh my GAWD, just the thought the expression on her face as she thinks she's escaped Strickland, just to be faced with him again!

BTW, I can't stand Judge Rodriguez. I have the feeling the civil case might take forever mostly because he won't be Judge Perry like and move it along! Grrrrrr!

I don't know how that link got there. I don't know where the original link is? sorry and now you know why I seldom post.

Belich also noted that Anthony doesn’t have to attend the civil trial. And Belich relayed WFTV legal analyst Bill Sheaffer’s view that Anthony will face criticism “if she does for her clothes and her every move — or for her guilty conscience if she doesn’t.”

I hope I did that correctly. How can she not have to attend the civil trial ? She is being sued and can simply say, i I am not going? How could she be questioned if she isn't there?? :banghead::banghead:

Yes, it is true. Hard to believe but it is true.

Thank you Lambchop for answering my question.
OH MY GOSH!
Is there a link where I can read what KC's counter suit is? This is so unbelivable, I'm in shock. I honestly didn't know about this.
Do you know why she wouldn't have to attend the civil trial if she has a counter suit because from what I understand she can plead the 5th admendment?
I don't understand why the civil trial would go before the criminal trial if she has a counter suit and dosen't have to be there and use the 5th admendment. Are you able to help me understand?

OH MY GOSH!
Is there a link where I can read what KC's counter suit is? This is so unbelivable, I'm in shock. I honestly didn't know about this.
Do you know why she wouldn't have to attend the civil trial if she has a counter suit because from what I understand she can plead the 5th admendment?
I don't understand why the civil trial would go before the criminal trial if she has a counter suit and dosen't have to be there and use the 5th admendment. Are you able to help me understand?

can't explain about the whys of the civil trial vs. criminal BUT as for the countersuit....even Zenidias atty was in shock over that one...that opened a whole new door for them....again another bullet shot that they did to themselves.....

OH MY GOSH!

Here you go:

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/3243745...sues-Zenaida-Fernandez-Gonzalez-November-2008

Scroll down the doc to "Counter-Claims And Affirmative Defenses"

Originally Posted by wonders
OH MY GOSH!

And, I remember hearing Morgan stated, since she has filed a countersuit, she will not be able to take the fifth....so he doesn't understand the countersuit and neither do I...

I also have never heard of a civil lawsuit taking place before a criminal case. She's just breaking records all ways around...:angel:

zoey, WhatsThatClue and LiveLaughLuv,

I thank you so much for your responses and the link.
It is absolutely outrages that KC would counter sue. IIRC the reason KC used that name is because she saw it on a card of some sort at the Sawgrass Apartments that this particular Zanida filled out? If it had been Jane Doe it would have had the same results IMO. Know what I mean? IMO KC couldn't pick her out of the photos because it was and is a lie.
I have so much confusion going on in my mind right now (nothing new for me lol) so I just want to say that I feel very sorry for Zanida.
I'll come back later to express some feeling I will have about this civil suit.
Again, Thank you all so much for your help.

Wasn't there a young woman who worked in the office at Sawgrass who knew KC? She would not give the police a statement. What ever happened to that? We never heard whether or not the police were able to get a statement from her. Could she have given KC the information if KC was in there snooping around? Why would she refused to talk with police? That would be something if Morgan could prove that. jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back