Alligator pool parties for children

TrackerSam

Reaction score
A Florida man is offering entertainment with a difference for children's parties - swimming with alligators.

For £100, Bob Barrett, from Tampa Bay, takes an alligator to people's backyard pools to swim with their children.

"It just took off like wildfire," he told the Tampa Bay Times. "Everybody loves having the gator pool parties."

Mr Barrett, who runs the local Alligator Attraction, came up with the idea during the summer when business was slow.

"If you're nine, ten or 11 years old, you've already had the 'jumparoo' house, the bounce house, you've had the pizza party, you've had the clown party," he said.

"You get to have a pool party with a gator. It's a very popular party."

Mr Barrett tapes the alligators' mouths shut before the parties which he insists are safe.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission confirmed he isn't doing anything illegal, but added: "We will say that this is not something that we encourage."

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Alligator_pool_parties_for_children

:croc:

What a horrible day for the alligators.

It's not illegal? It should be. This is cruelty, I don't see how it's not illegal.

I agree, poor gaters. I guess there are parents that are booking these parties but I know I wouldn't and am pretty sure my kids would think it's pretty cruel to the gators...

There is just so much that could go wrong with an alligator in a pool with a bunch of kids swimming around. I certainly hope that tape holds. That alligator is just waiting to rub that tape off and get a snack one of these days.

I don't think that man was thinking of the care of kids and also the aligators he was just seeing dollar signs... I'm glad it was shut down.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back