Alligator pool parties for children

Discussion in 'Bizarre and Off-Beat News' started by TrackerSam, Oct 3, 2012.

1. TrackerSam

TrackerSam New Member

A Florida man is offering entertainment with a difference for children's parties - swimming with alligators.

For £100, Bob Barrett, from Tampa Bay, takes an alligator to people's backyard pools to swim with their children.

"It just took off like wildfire," he told the Tampa Bay Times. "Everybody loves having the gator pool parties."

Mr Barrett, who runs the local Alligator Attraction, came up with the idea during the summer when business was slow.

"If you're nine, ten or 11 years old, you've already had the 'jumparoo' house, the bounce house, you've had the pizza party, you've had the clown party," he said.

"You get to have a pool party with a gator. It's a very popular party."

Mr Barrett tapes the alligators' mouths shut before the parties which he insists are safe.

The Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission confirmed he isn't doing anything illegal, but added: "We will say that this is not something that we encourage."

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/quirkies/Alligator_pool_parties_for_children

:croc:

2. Loading...

3. oh_gal

oh_gal New Member

What a horrible day for the alligators.

4. Elphaba

Elphaba Defying Gravity...

Poor gator. :(

5. michmi

michmi New Member

It's not illegal? It should be. This is cruelty, I don't see how it's not illegal.

6. kmclaren

kmclaren Member

I agree, poor gaters. I guess there are parents that are booking these parties but I know I wouldn't and am pretty sure my kids would think it's pretty cruel to the gators...

7. Thundar

Thundar New Member

There is just so much that could go wrong with an alligator in a pool with a bunch of kids swimming around. I certainly hope that tape holds. That alligator is just waiting to rub that tape off and get a snack one of these days.

8. tlcya

tlcya <b><span style="color:#007C00;">WS Administrator</ Administrator

What she said.

9. Donjeta

Donjeta Adji Desir, missing from Florida

10. laura08

laura08 New Member

I don't think that man was thinking of the care of kids and also the aligators he was just seeing dollar signs... I'm glad it was shut down.