Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not convinced these guys could manage that with all the keystone shenanigans they've shown.

They have a son OS who is saying just as little. The silence is deafening. Flight risk IMO

Violence Against Women. International Conference, Brisbane, 7-9 August, 2012

Key speakers

I have a suggestion in mind to delegate someone from the forum (better someone from Brisbane to save on accommodation) to this conference (or similar) to address the most prominent researchers, activists, government officials and talk to them about the WS phenomenon, Allison's tragic fate, how social networking brings together people with similar experiences (abuse, violence), etc. I think, the whole collection of contributions from various members carries great potential for further research studies, apart from the actual murder case. The conference is not free, of course, but if, say, 50 people donate a few bucks each, it will cover the registration fee.

Well, it is just a suggestion, something to consider.

They have a son OS who is saying just as little. The silence is deafening. Flight risk IMO

No doubt they're being watched 24/7, especially any comms. All border ports would have procedures inlace that they couldn't leave the country on valid or illegal passports.

And with the scrutiny they're under, an illegal sea departure wouldn't be possible.

Im not convinced these guys could manage that with all the keystone shenanigans they've shown.

Oh I agree J-Diggety - I doubt they'd be successful at making a run for it but I think they are just arrogant (and cowardly) enough to have a go...especially if it seems like junior will go to prison then they might abandon him to his fate but try to safeguard their own freedom.

Will be interesting to see what 'shenanigans' the BC seniors get up to.

MOO

No doubt they're being watched 24/7, especially any comms. All border ports would have procedures inlace that they couldn't leave the country on valid or illegal passports.

And with the scrutiny they're under, an illegal sea departure wouldn't be possible.

Yes, I hope they are caught like rats in a trap at the moment.

Hi Thanks Indro. The cross belongs you and everybody that is here.
Then me. When I asked for permission to do it I said that it was from all of us.

The reply was that Priscilla would be very happy.

Oh wow - how kind of you Keentoknow. I didn't know that you had asked. That makes the cross all the more poignant.

When I went over the bridge a couple of weeks back, I saw a little windmill fluttering in the breeze and I thought how wonderful it looked with the flowers as it has movement and it symbolised for me that we as people are free to move around - a thing that has been taken from Allison, sadly.

The flowers were beautiful but it was the little windmill that brought a tear to my eye, as like all of the things at the bridge, it stands as a silent sentinel to a life that has been lost.

JMHO

Thank you! Where were you when I spotted the Prado with SETTLED number plates and there was quite a kerfuffle with locals suggesting I was wrong.....lol
Sorry Mani....it's cocktail o'clock here and I was supposed to reply to Brookster!

ROFL :floorlaugh:

Send over a few Pina Coladas wont you please!

ps I was asked how to pronounce Mani today - like Marney.

I pronounce Willough as Willow but not sure if that is right. :)

Violence Against Women. International Conference, Brisbane, 7-9 August, 2012

Key speakers

I have a suggestion in mind to delegate someone from the forum (better someone from Brisbane to save on accommodation) to this conference (or similar) to address the most prominent researchers, activists, government officials and talk to them about the WS phenomenon, Allison's tragic fate, how social networking brings together people with similar experiences (abuse, violence), etc. I think, the whole collection of contributions from various members carries great potential for further research studies, apart from the actual murder case. The conference is not free, of course, but if, say, 50 people donate a few bucks each, it will cover the registration fee.

Well, it is just a suggestion, something to consider.

Thanks for the alert on that conference, grannie. If I was in Queensland I would be definitely interested in attending and there must be a few from this forum would be keen to go for their own education and edification.

For those who missed it earlier, Summer started a Max Sica case thread: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177917"]Australia - Max Sica Trial - Brisbane - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

How many of the normal average people would know their local police number? I don't and my instinct would prompt me to call 000 but I would not have looked on the police website first nor checked for self incrimination.

... IMO had Allison felt that things would escalate to physical violence she would have grabbed the kids and "run" - I think she was given NO warning at all and while there may have been a disagreement I feel that it would have been an explosive event that completely took her by surprise and that she would have been physically and emotionally overwhelmed thinking this can't be happening to me. IMOO.

... We are so obsessed with keeping up appearances that it is quite often to the detriment of the ones keeping the bravest faces.

Hi MAXWELLSMART: Welcome. I too speculate that she was given no warning. She had been to the hairdressers and was probably feeling pretty good after that, got dinner, got the kids ready for bed etc. If she had warning she would not have allowed herself and the kids to remain there. My opinion, not fact.

Secondly, it is not smart to keep a brave face if suffering family violence. If family violence is happening, then relationships are no longer safe. Something is very wrong in the relationship.Time to speak to an accredited relationship counsellor who has a duty to record case notes and make a safety assessment (among other things). Unfortunately, Allison appears to have kept a brave face about her unhappy marriage - to her own detriment. My opinion only, not fact.

How many of the normal average people would know their local police number? I don't and my instinct would prompt me to call 000 but I would not have looked on the police website first nor checked for self incrimination.
We have local police number stuck onto our phone. Been very helpful over the years.

I admit to feeling distanced from my partner since Allison passed. In a sense I have been more sensitive to sisterhood (as a general term for my change of consciousness). I am going to have to do something special with my partner.

Oh possum me too..... : (

Oh wow - how kind of you Keentoknow. I didn't know that you had asked. That makes the cross all the more poignant.

When I went over the bridge a couple of weeks back, I saw a little windmill fluttering in the breeze and I thought how wonderful it looked with the flowers as it has movement and it symbolised for me that we as people are free to move around - a thing that has been taken from Allison, sadly.

The flowers were beautiful but it was the little windmill that brought a tear to my eye, as like all of the things at the bridge, it stands as a silent sentinel to a life that has been lost.

JMHO
It is also a life affirming symbol. We care about the circumstances of that life lost and what it represents. It reminds us of the dangers of being silent about family violence and our need to speak up and do something about it. We seek justice for Allison Baden-Clay. MOO.

Well here's a little reminder of Allison. A lot like most of us here I think.

"She used to have this funny sense of humour, in that you'd think she didn't get the joke, but then an hour later she'd start chuckling to herself," says Kerry-Anne. "She'd start chuckling to herself in the corner and you'd be like 'What the hell are you laughing about?', and it was because she just started thinking about it and thought it was funny.

"She was just always happy, never got cross, never angry.

"Al never took herself too seriously. She was happy to have a laugh even if it was at herself. She had a cheeky sense of humour and often played the joker just to make everyone feel better in a crisis"

http://www.couriermail.com.au/ipad/tears-for-girl-next-door/story-fn6ck45n-1226347238522

It is a life affirming symbol. We care about the circumstances of that life lost and what it represents. It reminds us of the dangers of being silent about family violence and our need to speak up and do something about it. We seek justice for Allison Baden-Clay. MOO.

What can we do? I think we "came together" here for a reason.
How can we help spread this message?

Hi MAXWELLSMART: Welcome. I too speculate that she was given no warning. She had been to the hairdressers and was probably feeling pretty good after that, got dinner, got the kids ready for bed etc. If she had warning she would not have allowed herself and the kids to remain there. My opinion, not fact.

Secondly, it is not smart to keep a brave face if suffering family violence. If family violence is happening, then relationships are no longer safe. Something is very wrong in the relationship.Time to speak to an accredited relationship counsellor who has a duty to record case notes and make a safety assessment (among other things). Unfortunately, Allison appears to have kept a brave face about her unhappy marriage - to her own detriment. My opinion only, not fact.

Thanks Fuskier and Maxwellsmart. IMO not all women will grab kids and flee family violence. There are many, many reasons why women stay in abusive situations - whether it be physical or emotional abuse. I don't think abuse was new to ABC. She was just like many others and stayed. And paid the ultimate price. I also think I read that ABC & GBC were attending counselling.

Is there a 13POLICE number in QLD yet? Like there is a 13HEALTH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth