Allison Baden-Clay, GENERAL CASE DISCUSSION THREAD -#31

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the forensic testing would have been done throughout that crime scene time over the six days. Bugs may have been planted during that time....they "listened in"....perhaps heard about a "flight".

GBC was arrested, police went in to search for possible dodgy passport or evidence of doing a runner....bail denied...judge says "flight risk".

I'd wonder if scientific police would be necessary just to find a passport though.

From the same link I posted:

"Several police cars, including scientific police and detectives from State Crime Operation Command's Homicide Squad, have arrived at the Baden-Clay family home on Brookfield Rd.

Police have moved the media away before several cars arrived at 6.25pm."

I think it's more than that. JMO

These photos are taken of the northern side of the bank i.e. they are on the right hand side of the bridge as you are facing Mt Crosby.

In one of the photos you can see roof tiles, which one member remembers seeing in one of the photos taken at the time the body was found and published by the media.

It is quite a drop from the concrete pile cap on the bank down to the mud.

These photos were taken during high tide.

The bank flattens out under the bridge and it is quite steep at the northern end near the large tree.

Attachments

• Northern side showing ground that was cleared.JPG
    Northern side showing ground that was cleared.JPG
    468.3 KB · Views: 72
  • River bank near where Allison was found.JPG
    River bank near where Allison was found.JPG
    371.8 KB · Views: 77
  • This is the large tree that can be seen in the media photos.JPG
    This is the large tree that can be seen in the media photos.JPG
    449.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Vertical view of bank notice rooftiles.JPG
    Vertical view of bank notice rooftiles.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 70
  • Vertical view of creek's edge.JPG
    Vertical view of creek's edge.JPG
    274.4 KB · Views: 74
These photos are taken on the southern side of the bank where Allison was found.

The Brisbane River is not very far away, approx 200 metres. The ground has been slashed, presumably to allow access to the site where the body was found and there is a pile of cut bushes/trees under the bridge.

For our American and interstate friends who don't know the area and can't see the density of the undergrowth, we took some photos of the scrub (undergrowth) to the northern side of the flat cleared area (that you can drive a car onto). This undergrowth would have covered all of the cleared bank and made it extremely difficult to access the edge of the creek from the roadway, especially in the dark of night IMO

Attachments

• Brisbane River close by.JPG
    Brisbane River close by.JPG
    436.6 KB · Views: 66
  • dense foliage on southern side of road.JPG
    dense foliage on southern side of road.JPG
    455.9 KB · Views: 63
  • Dense, uncleared undergrowth southern side.JPG
    Dense, uncleared undergrowth southern side.JPG
    467.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Southern bank 2.JPG
    Southern bank 2.JPG
    442.3 KB · Views: 65
These photos are taken on the southern side of the bank where Allison was found.

The Brisbane River is not very far away, approx 200 metres. The ground has been slashed, presumably to allow access to the site where the body was found and there is a pile of cut bushes/trees under the bridge.

For our American and interstate friends who don't know the area and can't see the density of the undergrowth, we took some photos of the scrub (undergrowth) to the northern side of the flat cleared area (that you can drive a car onto). This undergrowth would have covered all of the cleared bank and made it extremely difficult to access the edge of the creek from the roadway, especially in the dark of night IMO

It has really grown back up. Is that marijuana?

Makara,

If you would like to compare the photos taken today with the ones you posted earlier on.
MANI. Thank you for these photos. They are very helpful to us websleuthers. They provide a visual of the areas being talked about. IMO it looks manageable to be able to get under the bridge to me - especially for those with scouting skills. What was it like when actually there? Also it looks like a car would be able to park there next to the bridge. What was it like actually there?

I'd wonder if scientific police would be necessary just to find a passport though.

From the same link I posted:

"Several police cars, including scientific police and detectives from State Crime Operation Command's Homicide Squad, have arrived at the Baden-Clay family home on Brookfield Rd.

Police have moved the media away before several cars arrived at 6.25pm."

I think it's more than that. JMO

Ooh I just went to look into "scientific police" to see if there's any distinction between that & forensics dept. Scientific comes under the umbrella of Forensics....but looky here...

Scientific Section

The Scientific Section is an operational support section within the Forensic Services Branch. It provides a support service for the operational areas of the Police Service, for the courts of law and for the community of the state of Queensland.

Personnel

The operational personnel within the Scientific Section are sworn members of the Police Service and they possess appropriate tertiary qualifications. They provide a twenty four hour on-call service. The section is continually upgrading education and training programs to ensure that appropriately trained and qualified personnel are available to assist in investigations. At present, all sworn staff at the section require a Science degree. Once at the section, trainees are expected to enrol in the Masters of Science, Forensic Science course available through Griffith University. On completion of this degree and other internal training requirements, automatic progression through to Sergeant level has been approved by the Board of Management.

Staff members are employed in the Document Examination Unit and the Analytical Services Unit. These staff are employed as Administrative Officers and Professional Officers respectively. Both units employ university graduates and have internal training programs. It is hoped that in future these training programs will be linked with the Masters in Science program

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resour...orensic Services Organisational Structure.pdf

Here are some more from the southern bank (which is the bank nearest the Brisbane River).

In the photo called view down northern bank very steep - you can see four main pylons.

The two in the background have their pile cap visible (it is the concrete block/base at the bottom of the pylons), they are mid stream, however you will notice that the two pylons in the foreground have their base underwater.

When we saw the photos that the media published, you can clearly see the concrete base of the pylons in the foreground is visible/above water line. Hence, there was more mud and more of the bank visible than today.IMO

Attachments

• View of southern side of bridge dense undergrowth.JPG
    View of southern side of bridge dense undergrowth.JPG
    416.7 KB · Views: 51
  • View of southern bank showing closeness of Brisbane River.JPG
    View of southern bank showing closeness of Brisbane River.JPG
    452.4 KB · Views: 51
  • View of pipes Brisbane River in background.JPG
    View of pipes Brisbane River in background.JPG
    403.4 KB · Views: 55
  • View down the northern bank; very steep.jpg
    View down the northern bank; very steep.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 52
The Dickies had been back and cleaned prior.

Thanks possum, yes I meant that the perpetrator(s) may have "cleaned" the scene of blood etc at the time, although I do think that thorough tests would have even done when the house was a crime scene, so I could be on the wrong track here, not sure.

WOZZLE: This was raised some time back in an earlier Thread. IMO posters have a right to remain anonymous according to TOS rules. Here is an alternative suggestion, but check with MODS first if OK. If INDROMUM, POSSUMHEART or KEENTOKNOW establish a BSB with a bank for this purpose, then post details on websleuths forum. It could be the Websleuths Flower Fund for Allison Baden-Clay. There would be no obligation. Posters could choose to deposit if they wish, a small amount each month for flowers for Allison Baden-Clay. E.g: $2.00 by 25 posters each month would create a cash pool of $50.00 which is more than enough each month to purchase sunflowers for the cross. Flowers on the cross may continue until the murderer is convicted and sentanced, so could be a couple of years. The anonynimity of depositors would need to be guaranteed. Note there are many more than 25 posters, so the likely hood of getting 25 deposits each month is possible. Just a suggestion. Other suggestions? MOO.

Hi all, what about painting the cross with beautiful sunflowers? this would look great.jmo

Ooh I just went to look into "scientific police" to see if there's any distinction between that & forensics dept. Scientific comes under the umbrella of Forensics....but looky here...

Staff members are employed in the Document Examination Unit and the Analytical Services Unit. These staff are employed as Administrative Officers and Professional Officers respectively. Both units employ university graduates and have internal training programs. It is hoped that in future these training programs will be linked with the Masters in Science program

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/Resour...orensic Services Organisational Structure.pdf

Respectfully snipped. Ohhh bingo! It could be a fake passport then.

May I just say that some gorgeous brightly coloured dried sunflowers were added to the ones on the cross today and it looks stunning. I don't want to be stealing the thunder of the member who did this either as it is her story to tell................

Yay I did it :woohoo:

Wow Mani, this picture has a 'magical' quality to it, I couldn't stop looking at it. Thank you soo much. X

These photos are taken of the northern side of the bank i.e. they are on the right hand side of the bridge as you are facing Mt Crosby.

In one of the photos you can see roof tiles, which one member remembers seeing in one of the photos taken at the time the body was found and published by the media.

The bank flattens out under the bridge and it is quite steep at the northern end near the large tree.
I think I saw the caterpillar.

Respectfully snipped. Ohhh bingo! It could be a fake passport then.

From that same link...

Document Examination Unit

Forensic document examination is concerned with the identification of writer/s and authentication of documents (genuine or otherwise) as a result of the examination and comparison of questioned and specimen documents. The types of such examination, among others, include handwriting, signatures, printed documents such as cheques and licences, typewriting, ink, paper and security paper, impressions of handwriting, alterations, substitutions, sequence of entries and relative age of
documents, erasures, rubber stamp/seal impressions, re-construction of torn
documents and decipherment of, obliterated, faded, charred/burnt documents. The scope of this field is extensive and includes examination of documents and material objects involving offences such as fraud, forgery, stalking, homicide, missing persons, sexual offences, extortion, terrorism and identity related offences, drug, and graffiti.

Analytical Services Unit

The Analytical Services Unit provides police with support services in the area of trace chemical evidence analysis, examination and reporting. The unit comprises five (5)
Forensic Scientists trained in the examination of trace evidence including fire debris for accelerant residues, paints and polymers, glass, firearm discharge residues, lachrymatory agents (OC spray and tear gas) and explosive residues. To analyse these evidence types, the Unit utilises state-of-the-art analytical techniques requiring the use of scientific instruments such as Gas Chromatography/ Mass Spectrometry (GCMS), High Performance Liquid Chromatography, Optical, Polarised Light and Scanning Electron Microscopy and glass refractive index measurement (GRIM).

Here are some more from the southern bank (which is the bank nearest the Brisbane River).

In the photo called view down northern bank very steep - you can see four main pylons.

The two in the background have their pile cap visible (it is the concrete block/base at the bottom of the pylons), they are mid stream, however you will notice that the two pylons in the foreground have their base underwater.

When we saw the photos that the media published, you can clearly see the concrete base of the pylons in the foreground is visible/above water line. Hence, there was more mud and more of the bank visible than today.IMO
MANI the clothing seen in pic 4 of 4 does that mean something?

In photo number 2 ....Is it possible that Allison could have been carried to where the drop is, put down on the ground and then pushed from there ( as in rolled) to the position she was in when found?? Sorry if it's a stupid question but that's just a thought that i had seeing that photo

Did you get grass and clay on your shoes?

Possum it's like it has been mown down under the bank. Prior to clearing it would have been dense vegetation. It would have warranted lots of scratches IMO. There is a bit of rubbish too; water bottles, maccas etc., and the creek does not look very clean.

"Scientific police appear to be searching the Baden-Clay home with torches and have switched on several lights both up and downstairs."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/al...rged-with-murder/story-e6frf7jo-1226394768364

This is when GBC was charged. Something happened during that interview and the police have then gone back to the house and I think they knew what they were looking for. They were searching for something specific.

In an earlier post, threads back, I posted that it was my belief that they were looking for blood and using luminol to detect the blood. Shows up in the dark - hence the lights on and off and the torches. Think that was the day of the arrest, 13 June, but not positive.

If she was hogtied as rumoured, she could have been lowered into position under the bridge by looping a longer rope around whatever was used to tie her up and with two people doing it, there's no need to tie it on. It could be done by one using some kind of hook also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member